RCK54-23BX PTO YOKE

tdibratt

Equipment
Bx25d-1
Feb 7, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontaro, Canada
Hi folks I just bought a slightly used mower deck. Went to put it on my tractor but I found it hard to pull back on collar on the yoke. Upon close inspection it looks like there is a large spring in the yolk and I can see some of that spring protruding out on the lower side of the yoke. Any ideas on if I can repeat it? I called and that little piece is 350.00 CAD.

Thanks

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
It might just be dirty filled with crud. Try washing the yoke in solvent or some kind of grease cutting cleaner. I always grease mine up the splines etc: before installing the shaft onto the tractor.

tdibratt

Equipment
Bx25d-1
Feb 7, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontaro, Canada
Here are som photos. I can pull down on the yoke but only slightly and on one side. Other side doesn’t move much. Also the 3 ball bearings I thought would only go back while pulled down and I can put my finger in and push them back easily. First time using one of these so maybe I am doing something wrong or overthinking this.
Thanks

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It looks like the collar is fully retracted already, if I recall correctly.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
The spring sticking out might be a problem. However, this is what I would try since the balls are already released: I wold put some tape along the mower shaft where the splines are to help lining up the shaft splines when putting the two halves back together since they only go in one way. Then pull the shaft end with the coupler and slip it on the PTO and push it as far as it will go. Tug on the shaft to check to see if it locks in place with the balls. Pull the collar to release the balls and remove the shaft. If all that happens it is ok. Then realign the two mower shaft halves with the tape and you are done.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
You need to disassemble the assembly to find out what is wrong with the spring.
It should not be sticking out like it is. If you can get the collar to move back a little more you will expose the device that holds the collar on the yoke. What you need to remove will be some sort of a split ring or locking spring/wire in a grove at the end of the yoke. Once you get that out the collar will come off and you can examine the large spring to see what is wrong, These are very simple to work on. Picture below shows a generic kit not a specific Kubota one. You just need to work the collar back a little more to remove the locking piece
pto.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user