Kubota Blue

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
When searching for paint for my L35, I looked at various options and decided it was going to be Kubota Orange II for the main stuff, Rustoleum Smoke grey for the frame, axles and such, and Eastwood Squirrel grey powder for controls and brackets and such, and spray Kubota blue for the engine.
I reduced the Orange with Xylene 10% as recommended and it works well. Underneath I used Rustoleum primers. I didn't add any hardeners to the paint.
It looks fine and seems to work. "Course I'm still working on the thing!

Here are some charts and other info I've found - maybe this will help someone.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Rustolium also has a kubota orange, but I think it's the newer color orange.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The kubota rattle can enamel is actually quite good paint, kubota is just very proud of their parts and paints, and charges accordingly. I asked what the "economy" brand my dealer uses and they showed me this "total source" brand. I got a can of each. Color match to each other is very close, nearly indistinguishable in my eyes. Wife says the kubota isn't quite as bright. Both sprayed with about the same consistency. Time will tell. I have to paint the loader once it's finished may paint the entire tractor. (Much smaller then your l series being a B series) I may just spring for a gallon of kubota paint if I can't get anything from valspar.
The Valspar Kubota orange is an exact match, and sprays beautifully.
I think Amazon still sells it.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
none of these would work for you? ($8 at Home Depot)
Hey GeoHorn,

I have plenty of the their Orange and it does match pretty good, but the blue on this thing is unusual, it really is a blue/green, Rust Oleum makes a shade of blue that someone said matches pretty good but it can't be found either, at least not around here or my online searches.

I guess during the Covid thing everyone must have taken the time to paint their Kubota, lol.

Cheers
Samantha

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
In the RC world we have what is called 10 foot scale. At 10' it looks scale, but on closer examination, not quite there. You could always get the less expensive 10' paint! LOL

No, seriously, I bought off the shelf orange that was close enough to the tractor and painted the finish mower that when hooked up, from 10' away it looks like its a Kubota mower. Get up close and it doesn't quite match, but close enough. Lets put it this way, when you paint with the exact match paint, the new paint will stick out because the old paint has fade, so it won't really matter.

BTW my 20 YO B2410 is NOT pink, not even close, still same color as when I bought it.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Hey Bmyers,

Wow I LOVE that, I had no clue that was out there, but gonna log into Yourtube so I can join his channel, looks like he has other songs/vids out.

Thanks You have made my day!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)

Cheers
Samantha
I have been to a couple of his concerts, he is really funny.

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
In the RC world we have what is called 10 foot scale. At 10' it looks scale, but on closer examination, not quite there. You could always get the less expensive 10' paint! LOL

No, seriously, I bought off the shelf orange that was close enough to the tractor and painted the finish mower that when hooked up, from 10' away it looks like its a Kubota mower. Get up close and it doesn't quite match, but close enough. Lets put it this way, when you paint with the exact match paint, the new paint will stick out because the old paint has fade, so it won't really matter.

BTW my 20 YO B2410 is NOT pink, not even close, still same color as when I bought it.
Hey ACDII,

I know what you mean, and to be honest, my tractor spends most of it's time so far in the woods, even the deer can't see it, our "farm" is so far out they are still piping sunlight into us, (just hoping the don't raise the price of that too).

I really don't care about the color like I said before and you also stated unless I could do a complete paint job the new paint is NOT going to match, but you know how it goes, you paint something, post pictures on the internet and a bunch of people are like OMG you didn't use the right color paint, lol, at least now I can say no it's the right color it's just newer than the rest of the tractor.

It don't have the be purdy it just has to run!

Cheers
Samantha

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
none of these would work for you? ($8 at Home Depot)
Rattle can crap!
I got a gallon of this coral seal stuff. Think it's something like what you mention. Seems to be decent stuff so far. Few things I've tried it on and put back in service haven't had anymore signs of rust... yet lol
Maybe "Corroseal"?

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I think that might be history, if someone can come up with a source, please post it.
I just did a quick search on Amazon and did NOT find it. However, I did find this:

And I also found this, which is about 6 kinds of just wrong! :D

Then I did a search on DuckDuckGo for "valspar kubota orange" and lookey here:

I also found this:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I”ve tried the “majic” paints (rom TSC) and they SUCK! They turn chalky within about 6 mos.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC

There's a Youtuber called Diesel Creek and he (Matt) calls it a "Socially Distant" paint job! LOL

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I”ve tried the “majic” paints (rom TSC) and they SUCK! They turn chalky within about 6 mos.
Yep, repainted my 1450 cub cadet with that majic paint and it magically dissaperaed in no time. Never again.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Then you didn't use the right mix, or left out the hardener. I used the Majic Kubota Orange on a finish mower a good 10 years ago and it still looks good. You have to use their hardener and mix it properly or it wont harden properly and does exactly what happened to you.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Then you didn't use the right mix, or left out the hardener. I used the Majic Kubota Orange on a finish mower a good 10 years ago and it still looks good. You have to use their hardener and mix it properly or it wont harden properly and does exactly what happened to you.
I didn’t mix it. Majic mixed it. It was in a rattle-can.