anybody find a brake on notifier?

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I did it I left the brake on while hauling 8" stone. just for a short distance because I could not figure out why the tractor was struggling. Even my 1980's honda rider has a loud beep if you leave the parking brake on and put it in gear. does anyone have an easy solution to warn when the brake is on. I use it so rarely but that is why I am not used to having it on.

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
yeah i added a big red led brake light to my b2650 after leaving the brake on. if the parking brake is the same on the b2301 there is a switch above the handle that keeps the brakes on. if i remember right the switch turn on the positive side when brakes are on. i used the same connectors that are on the tractor so it can be put backnto stock by disconnecting 2 plugs and connecting one back to the switch. the 0v wire i put to a near by bolt and grounded it to the tractor frame. after i was done i made sure all the safetys all worked correctly it was mainly if the rear pto would stay on with out being in the seat.

i can remember how i made the harness but i can try and get some pictures an possibly make a wireing diagram

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Yeah, I'd like to see the pictures of what you're talking about because I bet the B2601 is the same.

Good practice is to hit the brakes every time you get onto the tractor or want to go. The lock will pop off.

Reactions: 2 users

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
20220513_170245.jpg 20220513_170640.jpg 20220513_170718.jpg 20220513_170748.jpg

OK here is what I did I was having a hard time making a wiring diagram so I did not include one but its a pretty simple circuit.
picture 1 is a 6 inch red led motorcycle brake light from amazon.
picture 2 is the parking brake lever with the switch (sorry its a little blurry ).
picture 3 is the little jumper harness I made with the red lead for the led coming off it.
picture 4 is where I attached the ground lead of the led.

The connectors I got where from this link
https://powerwerx.com/oemt-power-co...ItilwVb9e2eCtG4Lcbi21FsZf6mMmNNcaAk0ZEALw_wcB
you will need 1 male and 1 female connector

you will have to move the dash out of the way to do any of this it's very easy just 2 10mm bolts on the lower left and right sides and one phillips head screw right behind the steering wheel. The 10mm bolts don't need to come out all the way the plastic dash is slotted.

The led positive lead needs to come off the vertical connector not the horizontal one. If you connect it to the wrong connector your led strip will be on all the time as that has +12v when the tractor key is on.
one thing I should have done is added a small fuse on the + lead of the led strip just in case something where to happen.

Hope this helps.

Oh and its a pain to undo the connector coming of the brake switch you can only get one hand in there to disconnect it.

Reactions: 4 users

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
View attachment 79934 View attachment 79935 View attachment 79937 View attachment 79938

OK here is what I did I was having a hard time making a wiring diagram so I did not include one but its a pretty simple circuit.
picture 2 is the parking brake lever with the switch (sorry its a little blurry ).
picture 3 is the little jumper harness I made with the red lead for the led coming off it.

https://powerwerx.com/oemt-power-co...ItilwVb9e2eCtG4Lcbi21FsZf6mMmNNcaAk0ZEALw_wcB

you will have to move the dash out of the way to do any of this it's very easy just 2 10mm bolts on the lower left and right sides and one phillips head screw right behind the steering wheel. The 10mm bolts don't need to come out all the way the plastic dash is slotted.

The led positive lead needs to come off the vertical connector not the horizontal one. If you connect it to the wrong connector your led strip will be on all the time as that has +12v when the tractor key is on.
one thing I should have done is added a small fuse on the + lead of the led strip just in case something where to happen.

Hope this helps.

Oh and its a pain to undo the connector coming of the brake switch you can only get one hand in there to disconnect it.
Hey Rcflyer330,

LOL, you sure wanted to make sure you knew when the brake was on, Rudolf would be jealous of that light, WOW.

Great solution though, I Love it, and very nice job patching it in too, Sweet.

Cheers
Samantha

Reactions: 1 user

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
Hey Rcflyer330,

LOL, you sure wanted to make sure you knew when the brake was on, Rudolf would be jealous of that light, WOW.

Great solution though, I Love it, and very nice job patching it in too, Sweet.

Cheers
Samantha
yeah its overkill the camera makes it look much brighter than it is but this guy has me beat
post number 11

Actually my light could be brighter especially during a bright sunny day in the middle of winter blowing fresh white snow.

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
View attachment 79934 View attachment 79935 View attachment 79937 View attachment 79938

Hope this helps.

thank you all for the detailed information and ideas. The brake light idea is a great idea. I only use the brake when I need to clean the chicken coop or like yesterday when I had to jump off and load the last of a pile rock in the loader. I do not want to do it again every old tractor I ever bought has needed brakes when I got it.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
If I'm not sitting on my tractor the brakes are locked on.

RalphVa stated it well (above), I second his opinion; using the brakes all the time and it's automatic that I disengage them with a brake tap before moving. (y)

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
If I'm not sitting on my tractor the brakes are locked on.

RalphVa stated it well (above), I second his opinion; using the brakes all the time and it's automatic that I disengage them with a brake tap before moving. (y)
I know that is the correct way to do it. I will work on the habit.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Back on the farm I had the 300 farmall backed up to the barn to unload a wagon. Just shut it off and left it in gear. Just as I got off the tractor it came out of gear and tractor and wagon went flying down the hill. Lucky for me it didn't flip over or crash into anything. Got a but whooping from my pop. Learned 2 things that day, always set the brake when you get off a tractor and my old pop could.move faster then I thought.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Here’s how I added a brake warning:

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I know that is the correct way to do it. I will work on the habit.
I've left it on a time or two myself. I have the tilt steering wheel and the lever for it is next to the brake pedals. I'm in the habit of tilting the wheel all the way up to get off the tractor. So when I get back on I automatically hit the tilt pedal, adjust the wheel, then hit the brakes. I don't use the parking brake a lot, but I do hit the pedal each time I get on there by habit now. The warning light is a good idea, but you'd have to get in the habit of looking at it for it to work. Think of all the folks you see driving down the road with their turn signal on. You know the light is blinking on their dash but it does no good if they don't pay attention to it. Habits are funny things, the good ones are good, the bad ones are sometimes fun ;)