M7500DT questions

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
Today I took care of the PO's reworking of the electrical system. (The glow plug/start switch had stopped working, so the horn became the starter and he drilled a brand new hole for a button and used some 14 gauge wire for the glow plugs. I pulled the original switch apart, cleaned it and now it works fine) The alternator is for sure not charging, I am assuming this is not the original style, as the wiring looks a little janky and what I think is the regulator on the firewall is not connected to anything but there appears to be a regulator attached to the alternator. If not, is there a common replacement, I wouldn't mind one of those newer units with the integrated regulator. Also power steering seems to be assisting with left turns, but not right. Is there a common issue with that? One other thing, the position lever for the 3 point works fine but the draft lever is absolutely stuck all the way forward.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Rule out a mechanical issue with the steering, jack up the front end and see if it turns easily in both directions.
The power steering controller for that model is obsolete and repair replacement parts are going to be near to impossible to get a hold of.

Oktm

Equipment
Kubota M7500DT
May 12, 2022
Utah
It has a FEL, and I have had it up, it seems to move pretty freely in the air. Anyone had any luck tearing into it and making repairs? I will eventually give it a try and post my results if I am successful.