Linex’d my “step”

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, I bought Herculiner Roll On. Kinda PO'd at the company though. All over the can are warnings not to shake, contents under pressure, etc. Instructions on the can very unclear and difficult to read. Bottom line I prepped the step, poured some of the material into a tray and begin rolling it on. Thinking this stuff looks a bit "thin". I look at the material in the can and it's nice and gloppy. So then I pour the material from the tray (didn't use much) into the can and proceed to stir it up well. Then begin rolling it on nice. Seems to be going on nice and thick. Wanted to find out dry time, look on the web site as the can is useless, and find out they recommend a "thin" first coat. Then a second thicker coat. The stuff is like roofing tar! How the heck do you get a "thin" coat?! Unless my idea of thick or thin is a different reality than that company's :D Anyway, it's in the garage drying now. I don't think I will try to apply another coat. Honestly looks thick enough. We shall see. Hopefully it doesn't come peeling off when I remove the masking tape
I used Herculiner on my Ford 1920 step and deck area 4 years ago.
Still looks great!

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I would be curious to know what the cost was to have this step coated with "Linex".
Amazon, Lowes, and others, sell a brush on product called "Herculiner" that provides the same protection.
I would venture a guess that "Herculiner", applied by a tractor owner himself, would be significantly less expensive.

I did the deck of my 1989 Ford 1920 about 8 years ago, and it still looks great.
I think the cost for the brush on can of "Herculiner" was $24.99 at the time.
I did the hurculiner treatment on the floor of the b7510 and the pedals. I've done several truck beds with it as well. I've had outstanding results with it, but it is not as durable as many of the spray on 2 part bed liners out these days. I have raptor liner for the bed and side of my f-250. Hopefully when the weather clears up ill be able to apply it and see if it holds up. Either option if done properly is significantly cheaper then line x or rhino liner. Prep work and having the nessisary tools is most of the issue with application.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Forgot to upload the pic of the tractor. I did the same thing to the running boards of my cub, it's held up beautify as well.

Attachments

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
I did a repaint on that whole floor pan as well. Not show quality but then, I am not a really good painter and it's a tractor not a show car.
Once I get the machine together (hopefully in the next couple weeks) I will post some photos.

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
Well yesterday I went out to the back garage and checked on the curing process of the Herculiner. Have to say it's coming along nicely as of yesterday afternoon. I am thinking by today for sure it will be ready to reinstall. Though I am holding off on that until I get a few more things done. The new HST fan, get the center stack off so I can add in the extra fuse panel and wiring I will need for the tail lights I got, electrical for the sprayer attachment and also for the conversion I am going to do for my pull behind spreader to electrical actuator rather than becoming a contortionist trying to reach back to move the flow handle. Of course full grease job as well, then finally back together, calibrate the mower deck now that I have all the new linkage for it. And it will be off to the races LOL

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Ordered a new step for my BX25d which was rusted through in a couple places. Took it right over to the Linex store and dropped it off.
1 day later…
If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for the work?

Sorry, I found the price in one of your posts. $88 is a great price. I had the bed of my GMC pickup done when it was new. Fantastic product.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you for the work?

Sorry, I found the price in one of your posts. $88 is a great price. I had the bed of my GMC pickup done when it was new. Fantastic product.
Yes it is and well worth it!

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Well yesterday I went out to the back garage and checked on the curing process of the Herculiner. Have to say it's coming along nicely as of yesterday afternoon. I am thinking by today for sure it will be ready to reinstall. Though I am holding off on that until I get a few more things done. The new HST fan, get the center stack off so I can add in the extra fuse panel and wiring I will need for the tail lights I got, electrical for the sprayer attachment and also for the conversion I am going to do for my pull behind spreader to electrical actuator rather than becoming a contortionist trying to reach back to move the flow handle. Of course full grease job as well, then finally back together, calibrate the mower deck now that I have all the new linkage for it. And it will be off to the races LOL
Take your time and it will all be worth it!

Reactions: 1 user

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Well…original poster here and the dealer done me bad.😡
They got the wrong BX25D step in (the one I had LineX’d)
Took the old rotted one off today, cleaned up the area under the step and went to the shed to grab the new step. Well side by side there are “differences” between them being no hole for the E- Brake “set pedal” and the slot for the brake pedal is offset to one side. No can use unless I cut the new one up to match.
I called the dealer parts counter and they said they can’t take the Linex’d one back (because it’s Linex’d). Now I have a pretty, new Linex’d step I can’t use and have to shell out for the correct step and another Linex job. 😡
Can’t win.

Attachments

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Wow - not even close. I would hope that you can get nearly all of your money back by putting it on the classifieds.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Wow - not even close. I would hope that you can get nearly all of your money back by putting it on the classifieds.
Well I have decided to make new holes so the new step will fit…dealer would not take the “wrong” step back.
Shouldn’t be too bad with a hole saw and a cutting wheel…

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
The one on the left is going to be double wide on the slot running front to back because it's not in the right spot anyways. You're going to have some extra large holes. But what do ya do... all that money into it!

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
The one on the left is going to be double wide on the slot running front to back because it's not in the right spot anyways. You're going to have some extra large holes. But what do ya do... all that money into it!
When I placed the old over the new it appears there will be a strip of metal between the slots…I’ll find out tomorrow when it goes “under the knife” so to speak…