RTV-X1100C Floor Mat Recall

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
So last fall got the recall notice but told dealer I was holding off until spring So they called and were going to come to my house tomorrow, but when he told me what the "fix" is, I said don't bother.

Apparently the problem is, some people have had the mat curl up and get caught in the fuel pedal.

The "fix".......trim the mat around the pedal. No thanks. As you can see, there is no way my mat can become a problem, and I certainly don't want a big hole cut around my pedals. The first pic looks close, but it is not because it doesn't show the height of the pedal above the floor.

Has anyone had it done? I'd like to see how your dealers did it. I have to sign a release form now with Kubota stating I choose not to do it.

Attachments

dgtvrpepair

Equipment
L4760HSTC RTV-X1100c ZD1211L-72
Feb 10, 2020
Morrilton AR United States
I didn’t have it done. I looked up what they where going to do and never brought it to my dealer. I will keep an eye on mine and if I ever see problem then I will trim it myself. They will only replace the entire rubber matt if it is all coming up. Mine looks like new and it is a 2015. I think the problem is from people get it soaked with water and deforming the padding.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I didn’t have it done. I looked up what they where going to do and never brought it to my dealer. I will keep an eye on mine and if I ever see problem then I will trim it myself. They will only replace the entire rubber matt if it is all coming up. Mine looks like new and it is a 2015. I think the problem is from people get it soaked with water and deforming the padding.
Thanks. That was my thought also, mine is still in good shape and if that is the best fix they got, then I'm sure I can trim my own when the time comes. But I'm not going to cut a perfectly good floor mat.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
it's been ongoing for years on the RTV-X1100's.

I advised them several times about the issue, as I've had it happen a bunch of times while test driving the units around the dealer

they all said "it can't happen". Well it did, several times, with me driving. Luckily, the things are SO slow that I had plenty of time to react. If it had been on something faster/quicker, it'd have been a recall many years ago.