MMM Knob won't set to "Top" setting with deck mounted.

Stone1150

Equipment
2021 Kubota 1880, Loader, 54 inch Midmount mower.
May 8, 2022
Shipshewana, Indiana
Good day all! I thank you and compliment all for the information that is here. I just took delivery on a 2021 BX 1880 last October. (I love it!) Being late in the year I wound up taking the deck off and using the FEL for snow removal. A couple weeks ago I mounted the mower. I moved the height control knob to the desired cutting height and lowered the deck. It was too high so I lifted the mower deck and readjusted the knob. Bingo! Cut the yard and it cut great! Yaa! Now I want to do some hole filling and some private road maintenance with the FEL which I unhooked before mounting mower deck. Being minor work, I chose to leave the deck on. However the deck will not lock up. There is no way the adjusting knob will go into the "Top" position. I proceeded to lower the deck and remove the rear lift arms then lifted them. Now I can rotate the knob into any position. So is there any way to fix this myself? Yes I know it is new and under warranty. However the dealer is 50 miles away and with them picking it up and working on it, That much time without a tractor does not exactly float my boat for what could be a simple adjustment. If I must do that then fine. But would at least like to attempt it myself first in effort to save time. Yes I am new to Kubota. Thank you and have a great day!

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I took my deck off for the first time yesterday and noted that in order to adjust the mower deck height with the knob the deck hydraulics will have to be in the furthest up position. If you look below your tractor at the mechanism that is attached to the knob its easier to understand. Good luck, maybe this will help.

Stone1150

Equipment
May 8, 2022
Shipshewana, Indiana
WOW! Thank you for the quick response! However Been there done that. I checked everything. Even ran high RPM and lifted till I heard the Hyd pump labor. I started by reading everything here about the issue . So now looking for a manual adjustment. I did contact the dealer today. Between here and them I hope to get this resolved and not be without a tractor for any length of time. I do think your right about not being high enough. (The deck), LOL! but how to set the hydraulics to lift higher. That is my question. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
There's an adjustment beside and to the rear of the left rear wheel. The procedure is in your owner's manual and there are several youtube videos that show how and where to make the adjustment.

Reactions: 1 user

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
I have found that mine only works when I rotate the height knob clockwise, while sitting on the tractor. If you miss the height you want to set it at, you have to rotate clockwise to get it where you want it.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Do you have a dealer installed third function kit? The hoses on mine were getting pinched between the the mower deck stop bumps and the frame when raising the deck all the way up. The deck would make it to the top position and lock up but it would squeeze the hell out of the hoses.

Stone1150

Equipment
May 8, 2022
Shipshewana, Indiana
There's an adjustment beside and to the rear of the left rear wheel. The procedure is in your owner's manual and there are several youtube videos that show how and where to make the adjustment.
Thank you! I found it and checked again in the manual. Adjusted it a little and deck height knob now goes to top position!. Still have some learning to do! Wish all a wonderful day! :D

Reactions: 2 users