L4701 Regen twice in first 20 hrs?

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
I can’t give as technically sound or helpful reply’s as these you’ve gotten but i do have a newer 4701 and live in a similar geographic area as the OP (western Ky) so I’ll try add a data point.

my tractor is the DT gear drive version got it last sept and it’s sitting right at 70 hours.
The only regen I know of where I was operating at low/idle rpm happened around 55 hours, in Feb. i was idling in the barn. Other than that I can only assume a regen or 2 occurred while I was operating at higher rpm. When I first got the tractor my main task were tilling 8 food plots and bushogging around 30 acres. There were a couple of times, and I don’t remember the hours, when I was bushogging that I noticed a different smell from the tractor. Since I operate the hog with the rpm up to the 540 mark on the tach- and it’s thick crp type of stuff I assume the temps were night enough that it didn’t call for more rpm and just regened while I was working.

As an aside, I’ll also say that I’ve elected to not operate this new dpf tractor any different than I did my old l3000. If I don’t need the rpm’s- I’m not running it hard just to do it. I will say I caugh myself turning it off a little more frequently but not all the time if I’m off it butstill working. That’s just my stubborn streak and I will probably chill out over time, but for now I run it hard when I need to, to accomplish the task and put around whe I can. We’ll see how that changes over time lol and I’m certainly not recommending that approach. It’s just my current “MO”.

Reactions: 1 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I'll be reaching out to my dealer tomorrow, but wanted to check to see if anyone else has had a similar experience...

Have a new 4701 that in the ~20.5hrs I've put on it, has regen'd twice -- once at 9.7 hrs and once right at 20. When operating, I run it about 2200rpms. Been mostly using the grapple vs ground engagement or bushhogging or anything. The second regen triggered today, and even running at 2200rpms it indicated to increase rpms -- needed to be at 2500 apparently.

From what I've read, this is uncommon/more frequent than expected. Is 2200rpms not high enough for cleaning up deadfall with a grapple? Even so, does two regens in the first 20hrs seem off?
With my L6060 I use the ATA which normally puts the rpm in the 1500-2000 rpm. It only regens every 20-25 hrs.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I don't keep detailed records but I had a pretty strong feeling that the ORD Bio Diesel I was buying from a MN. road station would cause regen's more frequently than the "premium" diesel bought from another supplier from MB.
The MB dealer claims his ORD diesel will increase DPF burn interval when no bio present so now I only pony tank my non bio diesel from MB. Cost more though $6.15 US gal. and not sure what premium versus reg. diesel means other than he says it burns cleaner.