Any one know overall length of L2350 with loader?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Sorry that my very first post is an obscure question, but I've not been able to find an answer elsewhere online.

I am looking at purchasing an L2350 with loader (LB400) and I have concerns if my trailer (6'-5" inches wide and 12' long) with rear ramp in place is long enough to haul it.

The tractor is about 3 hrs driving time away....so I don't want to arrive and find that I can not fit it on the trailer in any fashion.

It seems the overall length without the loader is about 104".

https://www.tractor-specs.net/kubota/kubo-l2350.html

So I have another 40" to play with....but I'm expecting the bucket sits out in front of the tractor more than that. Wondering if it would be possible to back the tractor onto the trailer, lift the loader over the top of the trailer ramp and then let it sit there?

I think the trailer will just handle the weight....but it is a single axle rated 3500 lbs. Picture below.

Lil'Blue1.jpg

Trailer7.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Flint.

Matt_R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350
May 3, 2022
Andover, MA
I don't know the overall length, but the tractordata on the LA450s loader says "reach at ground" is 63" so maybe that's added to the 104"? Here's a picture of one I'm about to buy that might help you scale the loader to the tractor. It looks like it will surely overhang your trailer, but maybe by only a couple feet.

I'm curious, how much did/will you pay for yours? We're trying to figure out a fair price.

kubota-l2350.png

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I don't know the overall length, but the tractordata on the LA450s loader says "reach at ground" is 63" so maybe that's added to the 104"? Here's a picture of one I'm about to buy that might help you scale the loader to the tractor. It looks like it will surely overhang your trailer, but maybe by only a couple feet.

I'm curious, how much did/will you pay for yours? We're trying to figure out a fair price.

View attachment 79336
Thanks Matt,

If that loader were tucked back all the way and the bucket level it would take up less space. I think its going to be a very close fit (it fits at all). I am looking at the exact same tractor as pictured. L2350 4wd with FEL.

I will have more pics of the one I am considering when the present owner sends some this evening, but I would say it is basically in the same shape (aesthetically) as you have posted. Of course 'condition' and past maintenance (as well as market location) all make a difference....with respect to what a 'fair' price is.

The one I am looking at has about 900 hrs on it. HOW it was used.....I've no idea yet and haven't had a chance to talk to the present owner much about it. Typically, tractors that came with loaders will have seen more rigorous use than those without.

The one I am looking at is priced at $9,000.00 and includes a 4' rotary cutter and some type of disc. Again, waiting on more pics of the tractor and implements.

In my area (Deep East Texas) that would be 'all the money' for this tractor in 'good' shape and the implements are just a bonus. Your market might dictate something completely different.

Be sure the clutch on your tractor is still working well. If it is weak or in need of replacement....that can get expensive. 4wd and a front loader means you need to look at carefully before buying. it might have been run hard....or not.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
An L2350, alone, is over 2000 lbs. With the loader, it will approach 3000 pounds; that doesn't included loaded tires, if it has them. It is questionable if your single axle trailer will carry the weight of a tractor with loader as it has to be positioned on the trailer, and that the ramp will not bend when loading.

My opinion is that you do not have an adequate trailer to confidently haul a tractor, at max capacity of the trailer, for a 3 hour trip. I would want more cushion, and confidence, using a trailer that is more than up to the task at hand.

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
An L2350, alone, is over 2000 lbs. With the loader, it will approach 3000 pounds; that doesn't included loaded tires, if it has them. It is questionable if your single axle trailer will carry the weight of a tractor with loader as it has to be positioned on the trailer, and that the ramp will not bend when loading.

My opinion is that you do not have an adequate trailer to confidently haul a tractor, at max capacity of the trailer, for a 3 hour trip. I would want more cushion, and confidence, using a trailer that is more than up to the task at hand.
I agree its marginal. Tires are not loaded....I did ask that of the owner. L2350 is 2200 lbs. by itself, loader (i am guessing is 400-500 lbs) so roughly 2700 lb. payload. Trailer is about 900 lbs, so 3600 lbs. on a 3500 lb. axle and slightly heavier springs I installed. Yes, its 'pushing it' no argument there.

Not worried about the 'time' factor as I will not drive over 50 mph anyway, but I do have concerns about the length of the tractor. IF anything looks too 'iffy' when/if I get it loaded then I will just bring back the two attachments that come with it and rent a larger trailer on my return trip. Its going to be two trips for me with the trailer I have now anyway.

Edit: Just found some specs on the loader (625 lbs) more than I had thought. Might have to rethink this. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
You might could rent a tandem axle car hauler from U-Haul or somewhere similar. They’re usually pretty cheap for a round trip rental.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
You might could rent a tandem axle car hauler from U-Haul or somewhere similar. They’re usually pretty cheap for a round trip rental.

You read my mind. I live outside a little One Dog town but found a trailer sales place that can rent me a 20' bumper pull car hauler for a day.

It is currently rented out but will be back soon. Meanwhile I will go look at the tractor and if it looks and runs OK...will pay the gentleman. Use the tractor to load up the Rotary Cutter and Disc on my smaller trailer. Then come back the next day with the car hauler for the tractor.

Again, thanks to all for the good advice and for prompting me to take a closer look at the length and weight of the unit. Even IF it would fit on my trailer....it just isn't safe enough (maxed out and then some, no buffer).

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You read my mind. I live outside a little One Dog town but found a trailer sales place that can rent me a 20' bumper pull car hauler for a day.

It is currently rented out but will be back soon. Meanwhile I will go look at the tractor and if it looks and runs OK...will pay the gentleman. Use the tractor to load up the Rotary Cutter and Disc on my smaller trailer. Then come back the next day with the car hauler for the tractor.

Again, thanks to all for the good advice and for prompting me to take a closer look at the length and weight of the unit. Even IF it would fit on my trailer....it just isn't safe enough (maxed out and then some, no buffer).
Excellent choice on getting a bigger trailer to haul it home!
300 miles on a single axle with no ability to shift it to get the weight distributed right can be really Bad!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Excellent choice on getting a bigger trailer to haul it home!
300 miles on a single axle with no ability to shift it to get the weight distributed right can be really Bad!
^^^^^^
Yes. I had a rather 'exciting' trailer pulling experience in my early 20's. I am 67 now and don't need any unexpected thrills like that one.

I'm not a person given to irresponsible acts or putting myself or others in danger. I simply didn't realize the total weight and length of the tractor.

Now that is understood (thanks to all), I will take measures to secure a better trailer to transport it.

Hell....I might live another 10 years this way. :)

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
So just a little follow up.

Went to look at the tractor today (3 hrs away) it checked out fine. I had planned on just loading the implements on my trailer and going back with a larger trailer the next day for the tractor itself.

But the seller graciously offered the use of his tandem axle 18 footer since he was going to be headed back my way this weekend (by coincidence) and coming right through my town (we found out in conversation). So he is going to bring the other implements on my trailer and pick his up.

In the end it couldn't have worked out better!

Now just need to unload it, clean it up real well. Baseline all the fluids and filters, etc....

Give it a good going over, but I think its pretty solid.

Kubota Purchased.jpg

Reactions: 1 user