What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Feel free to send your grapple my way, I had to cut a bunch of invasive trees that were crowding out the oak and cedar trees in our woods. I think I'm going to rent a chipper for this pile and blow it all into a dump trailer for disposal or back out into the woods.

I did use the FEL to push and condense the pile a bit if that counts. That's 15'x4'x4' or so of branches.
I have been shopping for a PTO chipper. I may just rent one this year but I think we have enough to justify the purchase. The chips would be perfect to maintain our trails.

If you have much more tree work do yourself a favor and put a grapple high on your list. Get done in an hour what used to take all day.

Reactions: 1 user

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I borrowed a 5' TSC rototiller and tilled the gardens. The kids and I planted potatoes. Used my DR ProMax with the 42" grader blade to bury potatoes and make hills.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
21CAC965-550F-44F5-83EE-5EC98538E221.jpeg

This isn’t a very good photo but the guys I was working with weren’t cooperating with staying out of the photos and I’m sure neither would be OK with being in a posted pic, particularly given the circumstances.

Long, long backstory. My elderly father who lives beside us has/had a hunting buddy that had somehow Svengalied himself into running the property and a good portion of my Dad’s life. I noticed about 3 years ago that Dad was doing a bunch of things and allowing a bunch of things he didn’t want to, but couldn’t figure out why as he’d always been an in charge of everything guy. After a few months of observation and study, figured out (as dumb as this might sound) this guy’s control all hinged on his having a tractor slightly larger and newer than my Dad’s old 9N, which just wasn’t up to some of the routine brush hogging. Dad maintained, stored, and fueled buddy’s tractor but was never allowed to drive it. Shortly after I figured out what was going on, the L4701 was delivered. Buddy was VERY upset when he saw it, more so when he found out anyone in the family could drive it but he’s not family so he can’t drive it. There’s a lot more to it, but that gives a little context to today’s fun.

He got all his stuff off the property a year and a half ago; except this hunting blind box thing that was down in the creek bottom. He kept saying he was going to get it and Dad didn’t want to destroy it so it just sat there as a last little morsel of his old presence. I’ve mowed past it several times tempted for it to suffer a tragic “accident“ with the loader but have restrained myself.

Saw him today picking up one of his deer stands from a corporate neighbor’s property where he poaches. Reminded him that things been there a year and a half since the rest of his stuff left and asked him if he didn’t want to move it before I got too close to it mowing as he knows I’m not near as good an operator as he is. He said he’d come get it week after next but he didn’t have any way to skid it out. I suggested we’d skid it out today or I’d pull it out with the grapple and he could pick up whatever was left of it week after next. So we skidded it out today and now the @&*% box and it’s @&*% owner are both completely gone. True to form, he asked if he could come back and get a windfallen white oak for firewood. Of course since he sold his tractor he’d need to use mine. Uhhh… no.

We had to skid it across two creek cuts, up the back side of the dam, and a few other unpleasant areas. The 1/2” bolt the chain was on pulled out the end of the 4x4 runner and was being reattached after crossing the second little creek. The forks made tossing it on a flatbed quite easy. It was a good day.

Reactions: 9 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Great story! Thank goodness you and your dad are free of that toxic individual. (y)

Reactions: 1 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Did some stump pulling with the little B. Many different mechanical advantage configurations attempted. None worked until using the bucket to dig out some of the roots first. (YouTube lied to me on how easy it was!) Took all day, but I got 6 stumps out! (Wish my backhoe would come in...)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Discovered that hidden dips really go BANG with the new tractor when you run across them. Raked the fields to get the dead grass clumps out, and found a few areas I need to fill in. Also found a few branches that need to be trimmed so the cab clears them. Those pallet forks came in real handy too as I moved a bunch of tree trunks closer to the wood pile and out of the field so I can do the field work.

then it rained.

Have to wait for the ground to firm back up a bit. Then its landscape time and I have to level out and fill behind the house where the septic was installed, diagram where the pipes are so I can install a deck, and grade the corner where I get water in the basement when the rain hits it.

Got the IH 35 rake out and got the fields detatched, and promptly broke a yoke at the end, so now have to get a replacement yoke, but the yoke is made of unobtainium, so getting the closest I can find and make it work. The bigger tractor makes a huge difference pulling the rake, I could not turn as tight with the B2410 without the rake hitting the tires, but can clear a 90* turn with the L4060. Should make a big difference with the MoCo and baler too.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I installed an under plate on my BX23S. Started prepping the flower garden area. Then pulled some smaller stumps and vine maples before starting work excavating a much bigger stump. I need to move the firewood before I can get my backhoe into position to continue the effort.
IMG_20220424_095735378_HDR.jpg

stump.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Tackled about a dozen more tornado trees today. I didn’t quite get done with the cleanup before the rain rolled in. Now my main trails and “yard” are completely clear. Still have quite a bit to do but with my orange assistants (the Kubota and Husqvarna chainsaw) I am getting there with minimal aches and pains.

B9A8C094-8FB5-4B77-BD52-4DC2B8C3530C.jpeg
E43D5AF6-DA9F-46B0-8982-407DC7C04E30.jpeg
AB677477-B69C-4AFE-BFCF-1F57579FA228.jpeg
44FCB5B3-AD7B-4A36-917E-72F7641D1BF2.jpeg
A87787F0-C1BD-4E5C-A9F5-6E5DEC283119.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Poked about 30 holes for fence post and another 20 or so to plant some bushes and trees at my in-laws, they used the Kubota and a chain to pull out some shrubs they were wanting to get rid of in order to begin prepping for their pool to go in. The grading for the pool area will have to wait for another day as I just drove the tractor over to their house from the barn and I didnt have a way to transport the box blade.
IMG_5832[1].JPG
IMG_5833[1].JPG

Then I went back to the barn to return the tractor and decided to go ahead and clean up the muck pile from the stalls daily clean out. Junior decided he wanted to help but couldn't quite figure out why my "horsepower" was orange and made a funny noise so he had to come check it out.

IMG_5834[1].JPG

Reactions: 8 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Spread some of the 16 yards of -3/4 crushed gravel that was delivered yesterday..
First regrade and crown in 34 years.
The hydro side link is the cats azz; this was the first real use of it and makes setting the crown a snap.
Also got a load of 3/4 clean crushed stone for lining all the drainage and parking areas that need fixing.
I am having a ball finally with tractor work to do:)

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Quick little re-dig today to add a 6" riser to the township wye..

Corona-3.JPG

Not a whole lot to see here, with the exception of one pic and the video I took of the young guy doing some practice on the mini...the expression on his face made it was well worth the additional time it took. He turns 21 on Thursday.

Brady 1.JPG

You can't beat that smile. Thumbs up for Brady.

Brady 2.JPG

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Worked with my Vets group cutting/splitting/stacking firewood to donate to less fortunates. Used the BH on my LX2610 to pick up logs (4" - 12"+), swing them off the stack and had 2 guys sawing from either end. Then another guy with a BX would pick up the rounds, and deliver to the splitter / stacker crew. Did about 50 10'+ logs in about 4 hours.

Then went to the community garden and moved a whole sheite load of horse manure over a 5' fence into the garden area. Lotta good seat time!

Reactions: 3 users

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
Going back together with my BX. Wanted to renew the driveline boots and glad i decided to bite the bullet and tackle the job. The boots were tost with no grease left for the balls and the little cushions for the balls were gone. Went ahead and put a new fan in and replaced the return sping right there for the pedal, seems more positive now. Endened up pulling the floor and the fender and even had to unbolt the motor mounts and pick up the engine to get enough clearance. Wasn't all that difficult. Took the fuel tank off and flushed it out and some new fuel lines.
Poped off the valve cover and did a valve adjust, set them to .007. Smoothed out a wrinkle on the fender and am waiting on the paint to cure a little before putting all that back together. The grass is growing but we have frost again this morning.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Took mine out from under the lean too and washed all the pollen and dust off of it from over the winter and spring. Hasn't been used since last October when I did food plots other than running it several times over the winter.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Swapped out the Frontier RC2048 for the WC46 yesterday. QH is not so quick. Wish I'd bought the Pat's. Spent enough in another top fork, top adaptor and Cat 1/3 bushings to pay for a Pat's. The Pat's system does not have the vertical side bars to further restrict PTO access. Might need a long top link for it though.