Wheel mounted ballast weights for a L4701

Mshannon

Equipment
L 4701
Aug 27, 2021
Abilene TX
My dealer has had a set of these on "order" for 4 months..
every time I check, they are "going to ship soon"

I'm pretty sure they are not ordered.. I know things are tight supply.. I get that but I called Messicks the other day and they have some and can ship them
they are the same price but the shipping is $239 from PA to Texas

Does anyone else have a place I can get them? They are not a "Kubota" OEM part from what I understand.
They come with bolt kit to bolt the 1st on to the wheel and then each weight bolts to the outer weight.
I wanted 2 per wheel. I think they weigh 60lb each.

I want bolt on weights not liquid ballast.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I'm pretty sure they are not ordered.. I know things are tight supply.. I get that but I called Messicks the other day and they have some and can ship them
Ere any other
Does anyone else have a place I can get them? They are not a "Kubota" OEM part from what I understand.
They come with bolt kit to bolt the 1st on to the wheel and then each weight bolts to the outer weight.

Are there any other dealerships within driving distance?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

I think you want the L8066 Kubota weight kit. It consists of 3x62lb each weights per side. The first weight bolts to the R1 wheel center section. Additional weights are stacked by bolting them to the preceding weight.

Only works on tractors equipped with R1 tires and wheels.

Dan

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

Unless you can find another dealer that has them in stock within about 500 miles of wherever you’re at and you have time and inclination to go get them, $239 to ship 240lb of weights isn’t a bad deal. Doubt you’ll find them new anywhere other than a dealer as they’re not a generic item.

If you have a tractor junkyard in your vicinity, you might get lucky and find some there. I believe the rear wheels on the L4701 are the same as on similar sized models such as the MX5400 so you might be able to measure the bolt pattern for the square holes that are used to mount the weights to check compatibility if you try to source used.

Nothing against weights. If you don’t want liquid ballast you don’t want liquid ballast. However there is a significant difference in the amount of weight added. Two 60lb cast weights adds 120lb/wheel. Liquid adds ~450 to 585lb/wheel per wheel depending on what type liquid you use and what type tire you’re running. 240lb v 1000lb+/-. Cast weights you’re planning give it about 25% what liquid does.

63F92588-C2BF-4ED7-959F-C677ACF1E022.png

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Lone Star is in Wichita Falls so only a short drive from Abilene

5 hours round trip roughly

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Kubota sells wheel mounted weights for L series tractors. I have 3 per side on my L6060. Each weight is around 106 Lbs., IIRC. Bolt kits add another pound or so per weight. Weights work for either R1 or R4 tires. No doubt, also work with R14T tires.

All States sells similar weights for less money. Does not sell direct to consumers so must work through dealer. Orders over 1,000 Lbs. ship free (or did) to dealer. Most tractor/implement dealers can order from All States but may not choose to do so.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Unless you can find another dealer that has them in stock within about 500 miles of wherever you’re at and you have time and inclination to go get them, $239 to ship 240lb of weights isn’t a bad deal. Doubt you’ll find them new anywhere other than a dealer as they’re not a generic item.

If you have a tractor junkyard in your vicinity, you might get lucky and find some there. I believe the rear wheels on the L4701 are the same as on similar sized models such as the MX5400 so you might be able to measure the bolt pattern for the square holes that are used to mount the weights to check compatibility if you try to source used.

Nothing against weights. If you don’t want liquid ballast you don’t want liquid ballast. However there is a significant difference in the amount of weight added. Two 60lb cast weights adds 120lb/wheel. Liquid adds ~450 to 585lb/wheel per wheel depending on what type liquid you use and what type tire you’re running. 240lb v 1000lb+/-. Cast weights you’re planning give it about 25% what liquid does.

View attachment 78669
Yet another mistake in Operator's Manual.

No, you cannot attach rear wheel weights to bumper.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Yet another mistake in Operator's Manual.

No, you cannot attach rear wheel weights to bumper.
That is quite bizarre. It clearly says you can mount rear wheel weights to some bumper somewhere then shows an illustration of a wheel weight mounted on, if all places, a wheel (right where it should be). I don’t have rear wheel weights on mine but if I did, I’d put them on the wheels regardless what the manual says. 😜