What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
What ever happened to lumberjack? I'm still using that.
Here, loggers are called loggers. Arborists (the ones with degrees and certifications) are called arborists. People who cut trees in tree service type situations are called tree service guys/ladies or tree trimmers, albeit with the understanding often only a stump is left after "trimming". Lumberjack would work, just don't hear it often. I've read that people fell trees but don't believe I've ever heard someone actually verbalize, "I felled a tree this weekend". I've heard many people say, "I/we dropped a tree yesterday". Perhaps more accurately, "We'un's drop tree yestiddy." (That must be said quickly for proper effect.) That's probably totally incorrect from a proper use of English perspective, which is in keeping with much of the vernacular here.

Calling a person who cuts trees a feller or faller, in this area (and this area only), makes it sound like you luncheon with Grey Poupon and kippers washed down with a wine cooler, which is fine if you're into that. Or maybe I just hang out with the wrong people (very likely).

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That is a very sweet looking little redwood greenhouse.
The occuping "tenant" looks even more sweet and cute!
Thank you. You are making me blush. I am sorry to say I am happily married. But I understand, I can’t just turn this off. Awesome doesn’t have a kill switch. 😂 oh you meant the dog. Yeah she’s cute too. She actually does have a kill switch. 😂

Reactions: 1 user

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
Pulled the BX2360 into my shop to start the driveline refresh. I have all the parts including the fan belt,balls and cups ,rubber boots and even a new fan and the return spring. Think i wil go ahead and have a look at the fuel tank closley. Figure it would be a good time to remove the sending unit for inspection and do a flush on the tank. Had a problem with stalling last summer and sucked something though the line and she ran swell but I'm this close so why not.Got the floor loose and been planning a search and destroy strategy. Ha

Reactions: 1 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Finally took the M out of hibernation after setting for a month waiting for the mud to dry out.
Used the box blade to regrade my Mom's driveway after years of it washing out and then being fixed poorly.
Even with the BB being unadjusted for the road crown I was impressed with how well I could fill and level.
I finished up packing it with the bucket while backing up.
It showed me the great utility of a tilt feature, let alone a TnT.
I dug out the old tilt cylinder that I had removed from my old L4630 before selling it.
It needs a cat 2 eye welded on and the hoses look sketchy but the couplers are correct so I'll be getting over to Tractor Supply soon to get a weldable eye, hoses and get that unit working.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
@nbryan Darn my curiosity -- is that a reciprocating saw with a pipe taped onto the end in the right side of your pic?

Why/what for?
:ROFLMAO:
I got the idea from a YT video by a Chinese guy in Central Alberta Canada, who built a commercial scale Chinese design solar heated greenhouse out on the bitter cold snowy prairie.
So here's a complete pic inside my hoop shelter as a 1000 word hint.
IMG_20220415_115019754_HDR.jpg

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Here, loggers are called loggers. Arborists (the ones with degrees and certifications) are called arborists. People who cut trees in tree service type situations are called tree service guys/ladies or tree trimmers, albeit with the understanding often only a stump is left after "trimming". Lumberjack would work, just don't hear it often. I've read that people fell trees but don't believe I've ever heard someone actually verbalize, "I felled a tree this weekend". I've heard many people say, "I/we dropped a tree yesterday". Perhaps more accurately, "We'un's drop tree yestiddy." (That must be said quickly for proper effect.) That's probably totally incorrect from a proper use of English perspective, which is in keeping with much of the vernacular here.

Calling a person who cuts trees a feller or faller, in this area (and this area only), makes it sound like you luncheon with Grey Poupon and kippers washed down with a wine cooler, which is fine if you're into that. Or maybe I just hang out with the wrong people (very likely).
From here on out, they will be known as droppers.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Did not get to the blade swap last fall. Servicing the mmm off the B1700. Sure helps to have a FEL to lift the deck. Need to get a new battery for the 1700. Showing a cell degraded on the tester and slow to crank

Attachments

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Got the box blade out of the shed and put the blower in its place. Probably the last job the LX2610 will do since my LX3310 will be here one day next week.

Attachments

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I got the idea from a YT video by a Chinese guy in Central Alberta Canada, who built a commercial scale Chinese design solar heated greenhouse out on the bitter cold snowy prairie.
So here's a complete pic inside my hoop shelter as a 1000 word hint.
I'll take the bait ... it's for shaking the snow off the roof?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Did some Spring maintenance. It was time for the 200 HST Filter change. My nephew jumped right in there and knocked it out quick and easy. Checked the tire torque, loader torque, cleaned the air filter. Made sure everything was lubed. Hooked up the mower, lubed the PTO shaft, and greased the joints. Finally, got that all done and was able to do the first cutting of the year.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I'll take the bait ... it's for shaking the snow off the roof?
Yes, it's my snowzooka. Press up against the shelter cover and let rip. Way easier than pounding with my fist! I have a go just before heading out and snowblowering the pileup of snow from the roof that's now along the walls.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Thank you, that makes me think that it wouldn't hurt to run a dedicated IP67/68 fuse/relay box for lights, fans, etc... before starting any projects
I think that's the best way. Tapping into the existing wiring is usually asking for trouble. Of course, if there's a factory dedicated accessory circuit just waiting there for you, unused, and you know it's ampacity, go for it.

Otherwise, your own fuse box, relays and switches as needed. It's pretty hard to go wrong that way.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Soil line repair...You know the drill.

Diggie..
H4-SCH40_3.JPG

drill...

H4-SCH40_4.JPG

Pipe
H4-SCH40_11.JPG

Some of the Colonel's finest...

H4-SCH40_The Colonel.JPG

Backfill...
H4-SCH40_12.JPG

done

H4-SCH40_15.JPG

head home...long day.

H4-SCH40_16.JPG

Reactions: 9 users

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
965EF3CD-863F-4AD9-BEB9-70A689F493DA.jpeg

So this was hanging over one of our trails and had been for a few weeks. Last time out we got another snag nearby cleared out, but wife got one of those headaches so bad you throw up so we had to cut out before getting this one. Had to pull back toward the end of the ridge because of the way it was stuck. No room to get the tractor in there for a direct pull. A snatch block to reverse pull direction and another to double line pull since we had to pull out a bunch of rigging anyway got the tractor in a clear area well out of fall range.
56ED6546-F461-4759-BA31-01981C9A3607.jpeg

D9A0E48D-F260-4E12-BE12-250AF02228C3.jpeg

A short drive popped it the rest of the way off the stump and put it on the ground. A few saw cuts and a couple of grapple loads later, the trail was clear.
843BDB1A-D292-4B9E-9AFE-F61F38E29428.jpeg

While we were doing all that, noticed the female quick connect on the grapple side was leaking again. It started leaking a while back so I changed the o-ring. Since the original was about the consistency of Bakelite, I was hopeful a new o-ring would fix it. It seemed to fix it for a while but today it was dripping a drop about once a second. Off with the old one and took it to the tractor dealer to match for a replacement. I don’t really know what the problem with the old one was but it leaked and the new one doesn’t.
B720A2A5-DBA3-4964-89BD-642B3DC21999.jpeg
E61B3948-E479-40B5-B8A1-DE7789F4F7BB.jpeg

While we were at the tractor dealer noticed they actually have a little bit of unsold stock on the lot. Wife got to looking at a BX1880 for her to use for yard type work. She didn’t want a loader or backhoe, just MMM and 3 point with option for a small rough cut mower on the 3 point. She figured she could use the L if she had a job for a loader. Salesman gave her a quote. Don’t know if she’ll pull the trigger or not but salesman and I both told her if she wants it, go ahead while they have 2 in stock ready to deliver. They’re open until noon tomorrow. Guess I’ll find out the final answer in the morning…

Reactions: 6 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
View attachment 78374
So this was hanging over one of our trails and had been for a few weeks. Last time out we got another snag nearby cleared out, but wife got one of those headaches so bad you throw up so we had to cut out before getting this one. Had to pull back toward the end of the ridge because of the way it was stuck. No room to get the tractor in there for a direct pull. A snatch block to reverse pull direction and another to double line pull since we had to pull out a bunch of rigging anyway got the tractor in a clear area well out of fall range.
View attachment 78375
View attachment 78376
A short drive popped it the rest of the way off the stump and put it on the ground. A few saw cuts and a couple of grapple loads later, the trail was clear.
View attachment 78377
While we were doing all that, noticed the female quick connect on the grapple side was leaking again. It started leaking a while back so I changed the o-ring. Since the original was about the consistency of Bakelite, I was hopeful a new o-ring would fix it. It seemed to fix it for a while but today it was dripping a drop about once a second. Off with the old one and took it to the tractor dealer to match for a replacement. I don’t really know what the problem with the old one was but it leaked and the new one doesn’t.
View attachment 78378 View attachment 78379
While we were at the tractor dealer noticed they actually have a little bit of unsold stock on the lot. Wife got to looking at a BX1880 for her to use for yard type work. She didn’t want a loader or backhoe, just MMM and 3 point with option for a small rough cut mower on the 3 point. She figured she could use the L if she had a job for a loader. Salesman gave her a quote. Don’t know if she’ll pull the trigger or not but salesman and I both told her if she wants it, go ahead while they have 2 in stock ready to deliver. They’re open until noon tomorrow. Guess I’ll find out the final answer in the morning…
She has to sleep on that decision as to how much of your money she wants to spend.

• Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
She has to sleep on that decision as to how much of your money she wants to spend.
Yep. If it makes her happy, I’ll take her back over there with a check book and trailer. She does most of the yard stuff. I tend to stay in the woods and fields unless there’s a request for assistance. If I was her, I would have bought it today.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yep. If it makes her happy, I’ll take her back over there with a check book and trailer. She does most of the yard stuff. I tend to stay in the woods and fields unless there’s a request for assistance. If I was her, I would have bought it today.
Possibly she will be a good negotiator and the salesman is hungry for the sale. Ask for a lot and settle for a little. If you don't ask, you will never know how much you might have saved. The worse that he can say is "no, take it or leave it, I don't care". You won't know until you ask. Just make up an excuse for having the trailer with you, so he doesn't think that you only brought it along to take the tractor home. Also, if you are buying it outright, then ask him to order you a Certificate of Origin from the factory. This will prove your ownership in the future.