OK, so a ship explodes and later sinks in a war zone?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Am I missing something?

Just by chance something causes a fire on a flag ship of the opposing force? And the claim is it was just a chance fire having nothing to do with anything else?

Sorry no link, but anyone interested probably knows what I am referring to...

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Am I missing something?

Just by chance something causes a fire on a flag ship of the opposing force? And the claim is it was just a chance fire having nothing to do with anything else?

Ukrainians say they hit it with a missile, Russia says an onboard accident, US says not enough information to know.

Reactions: 1 user

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Ukrainians say they hit it with a missile, Russia says an onboard accident, US says not enough information to know.
either way looks bad:

Explanation 1: sorry folks... we had a fire on the boat, couldn't contain it so we decided to tow it back home and it became unbalanced and sunk. (incompetence??)

Explanation 2: sorry folks.... Ukrainians fired missiles at our flagship Missile Cruiser, you know our newest / state of the art missile launcher and missile defence ship..... couldn't defend our self so it was hit and sunk (incompetence??)

looks bad no matter how they slice or dice it.... someone in Moscow not going to be too happy with this.

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I read it that either way it make the Russians look incompetent!
(EDIT: Maple Leaf Farmer beat me to posting.)
I like this version of the story better!
Ukrainian farmer steals Russian ship!
War ship funny.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I read it that either way it make the Russians look incompetent!
(EDIT: Maple Leaf Farmer beat me to posting.)
I like this version of the story better!
Ukrainian farmer steals Russian ship!
View attachment 78335
don't know why but in light of pic's of tractors towing tanks... I find this hilarious... I be definitely a little bent off centre.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Am I missing something?

Well, keep in mind that it has happened before, Bonhomme Richard fire. Maybe there was a sailor in the Russian ship that sympathised with Ukraine. Regardless, it is good thing that the Russian ship sank. However, if there was fire, then why are the Russians repositioning their ships further away from the coast? Maybe they are trying to keep their ships away from John Deere tractors that might catch fire! :ROFLMAO:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Wanna bet there is an Admiral being recalled to Moscow to stand against a wall ?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Ships
Am I missing something?

Ships have occasionally been known to catch on fire and sink.
Quite a coincidence though, for an enemy warship to accidentally catch fire, and sink, while conducting operations in a war zone.
I would suggest that it is very appropriate to raise the BS flag!

Reactions: 1 users

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The world is selling the Ukrainians weapons (like missiles) to defend themselves. The Russians are trying to blockade shipments into the Ukraine by sea.

So maybe a potential supplier can deliver the missiles by air? No need to risk cargo planes -- they are self-propelled. Write the contract so the Ukrainian armed forces takes ownership as soon as the shipment is launched ummm, unloaded - and give them the targeting codes.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I wonder if anyone has told Putin yet..😬

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
The updated report is that the ship was struck by two land- based Neptune missals. Those are Ukraine's homemade missals. Most of the crew survived, but ship sunk when being towed back to port.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
either way looks bad:

Explanation 1: sorry folks... we had a fire on the boat, couldn't contain it so we decided to tow it back home and it became unbalanced and sunk. (incompetence??)

Explanation 2: sorry folks.... Ukrainians fired missiles at our flagship Missile Cruiser, you know our newest / state of the art missile launcher and missile defence ship..... couldn't defend our self so it was hit and sunk (incompetence??)

looks bad no matter how they slice or dice it.... someone in Moscow not going to be too happy with this.
Explanation 3: sorry folks... I know you don't want to go to war with Ukraine, but lighting your own boat on fire is not the way to get out of it.

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Nothing to see here, that’s how this newly declared Russian submarine submerges. On fire and being towed. On the count of three hold your breath.

• Haha