L3301 Hydro Cruse Control

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I have a 3301 Hydro & have been trying to find info on the cruse control for these tractors ? How does it work ? The youtubes I've seen are pretty much about installing them . I haven't been able to find the part # for one so I could look at the manual .
thanks
animals45

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Looks like whole goods ‘product number’ L8455 (instead of a part #)
BD6A68B7-EFC1-4ABB-BD5A-C7E42D651A8A.jpeg

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
TC420-98301 might be an actual part # -this came off a google search:
714ACAB6-8686-45F6-8C3B-7952A955F8F8.jpeg

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Basically an assembly with collection of friction disc's, a control lever along with some safety interlocks to disengage when brakes are tapped.

I use mine quite a bit when mowing. If your of average mechanical skills it's a pretty easy install, and no where near the 6 or 8 hrs the dealer will say its takes.

The installation instructions are OK, but skimp some on the fine tuning.

If I can find them, be happy to scan and send a PDF of them.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Thanks Cliffboyer I would like to see the manual before I jump on one . I did finally find that youtube shown above . What is this " Whole goods " I keep seeing mentioned ? I ended up on what I thought was the WG site & put the part # in & got like 10,000 matches which I looked at the first couple of pages but not what I was looking for .
thanks
animals45

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
"Whole Goods" is basically a catalog of tractor parts (and "Kits") that are sold by the Kubota Salesman. NOT through the Parts Department, which sells individualize items at a much larger mark up.

Do you have large areas that are pretty smooth to utilize the cruise control? I have 13 acres of fields and I almost never use my cruise control!

PS, anyone else saw the "(Listed in Alphabetical Order)" - umm, looks more like "Randomly listed tractors". Also, forgot the L in the 4701... but at least it's in the correct spot!!

Last edited:

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I have a bad right foot which works rather poorly with my fused back , so keeping a constant speed has always been a problem . That's why I was thinking about the cruse control . I don't fully understand just how it works . I get teh part about being able to use the steering brakes . But how does it work ?
thanks
animals45

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I can take photos of it later today... it's a series of exterior friction plates to hold the linkage arm that is tied to the foot petal at a certain "speed" (The farther you push it forward, the more petal is press down). You can set it at any position and it stays in that spot.

If you push both brake pedals, it cancels (disconnects) the cruise control (returns the HST petal to the neutral position). If you take the lock off the brake pedals to separate them, you can use the hand lever to "drive" (control motion) and use either the left or right brake to turn (steer) quicker. Or you can just steer / drive like normal without using the brakes.

Does not work in "reverse" only forward. Pulling the lever all the way back until it stops, puts the HST petal back in neutral.

I'm not sure about these small tractors, but at work with larger John Deere, with 4x4 engaged, the tractor still wanted to drive straight. It would bind up the transmission, it seems... I'll get mine out sometime today and test it out in 4x4 and try steering with the brakes and see if it works....

Last edited:

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I didn't take it for a test drive... but took these photos. Learn something today, the Friction plates on the left side of the tractor, connects to a rod that goes through the tractor and is the rod the HST petal is (or it's my best guess without getting into the dirt and looking more closely to it).

Also, sadly, found a grease zerk that I've not seen before (!@#$%^)

Attachments

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Thanks for the pics ! I saw that arm the go's across the tractor in one of the youtubes I watched . So you set the throttle at the engine speed you want , then push the direction pedal down till you are moving at the speed you want & then set the cruse control ? So does the engine stay at the set speed after you hit the brake which turns the cruse off ?
thanks again
animals45

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Works in forward motion only.

Set your RPMs, and ground speed can be controlled/set by lever. If only set part way (say half speed) you can override with pedal, when pedal is released it reverts back to setting.

Tapping brake will instantly disengage.

Here is scanned install manual.

Attachments