Nearly fell over.....

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Linked it back to roundup, apparently large exposures to it have been linked to causing non-hodgkins lymphoma (leukemia).

Seems like there are commercials for the class action lawsuit against the makers of roundup daily on TV.
Well all I kow is those that have died from non Hodgkin are gone because of it, and IF any thing is recovered, the families will get pennies, and there is not enough money to bring back a loved one because of it, I know first hand how this works, she has been gone 2 years now, and I havent gone into the green house since. Not out of fear but it was her place. And her ashes are all about, in her flower and herb beds. So yeah they can end the company, the damage has already been done and nothing can change that

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well all I kow is those that have died from non Hodgkin are gone because of it, and IF any thing is recovered, the families will get pennies, and there is not enough money to bring back a loved one because of it, I know first hand how this works, she has been gone 2 years now, and I havent gone into the green house since. Not out of fear but it was her place. And her ashes are all about, in her flower and herb beds. So yeah they can end the company, the damage has already been done and nothing can change that
My mother was diagnosed with it back in 2009.

After a year of chemo and medical bills totalling around 1.5 million it went into remission.

She figures round up is what caused it. She used to do commercial spraying running around a development on a tractor with sprayer tank on the back. She would get fogged everytime the wind changed.

She didn't bother signing onto the class action lawsuit though.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Linked it back to roundup, apparently large exposures to it have been linked to causing non-hodgkins lymphoma (leukemia).

Seems like there are commercials for the class action lawsuit against the makers of roundup daily on TV.
Only watch old movies and UTUBE when the country was sane!

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Maybe I haven't been paying attention because it was winter and didn't need it......and maybe this is not news to the rest of you but the 'roundup' I was paying $49.00/2.5gallons last year at TSC is now $135.00!!!!

I also noticed that the lumber prices (again haven't needed any lately) is also back up. Bought OSB late last year for about $16.00, now back up to $48.00 here.
(Mod edit) Political post removed

Last edited by a moderator:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Very sorry for your loss Skeets. You are correct no amount of money can bring back a loved one. Because of that the only thing they can do is try to make the family whole again financially.
Other than that these big financial settlements benefitting the lawyers, they serve to punish the company for bad behavior and hopefully serve as an example to others.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I had the impression that the sale of glyphosate to household consumers was blocked last year? I haven’t looked for it, so not use if it is a Michigan thing or???

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I had the impression that the sale of glyphosate to household consumers was blocked last year? I haven’t looked for it, so not use if it is a Michigan thing or???
Must be a Mich thing. Are you sure? No roundup at home depot?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Must be a Mich thing. Are you sure? No roundup at home depot?
Looks like what I was remembering was for next year.

There is another lawsuit from farmers fighting the stranglehold Monsanto has on the roundup ready seed, basically forcing them to be exposed to high levels of glyphosate.