Attachments for BX23S backhoe

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
BXpanded customer service and products are top notch. Isn't it great that there are still "home grown" businesses out there that understand that business is an A to Z proposition? I'm sure you will be thrilled with your products.
It really was nice ... gave me that "buy american" feeling that's so enjoyable. Last year I purchased some American-made water nozzles and the design quality just wasn't there ... very disappointing, so it's nice to see the quality of the BXpanded products. I've only received the trencher bucket so far but it looks really well built.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I just had a great interaction with BXpanded customer support. I received a shipping notice e-mail with a FEDEX tracking number when I had selected and paid for UPS. So I called customer support within 30 minutes of receiving the e-mail. The woman went out to the shipping department and literally pulled the package from the FEDEX truck so they could reship with UPS. BTW, I asked her about lead times and she said they are catching up from last year's steel shortage. She hasn't seen any changes yet from the current world events.
Is UPS better than FedEx? Did you choose UPS even though it was more expensive than FedEx?

Just trying to understand the motivation. I always considered them to be the same...If there was a choice, I would always choose the cheapest option.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Is UPS better than FedEx? Did you choose UPS even though it was more expensive than FedEx?

Just trying to understand the motivation. I always considered them to be the same...If there was a choice, I would always choose the cheapest option.
There's a FEDEX distribution center near Portland Oregon that has a terrible reputation. UPS allows you to direct a shipment to a UPS store, which is really convenient for me. On a $1,500 order, spending an additional $25 for peace of mind was an easy decision, even for a cheap bastard like me.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
There's a FEDEX distribution center near Portland Oregon that has a terrible reputation. UPS allows you to direct a shipment to a UPS store, which is really convenient for me. On a $1,500 order, spending an additional $25 for peace of mind was an easy decision, even for a cheap bastard like me.
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense in your case I suppose. In my case never mattered. BUT every case is different.

Speaking of cheap BAS**RDS...I am a member of that club...LOL

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense in your case I suppose. In my case never mattered. BUT every case is different.

Speaking of cheap BAS**RDS...I am a member of that club...LOL
I actually surprised myself when I decided to spend the extra money. But then I remembered when I had a package temporarily disappear into FedEx's distribution center for a week. And I thought "do I want to go through that again when I'm buying back-ordered items that I really want?" And the answer was "No, I do not."

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I just had a great interaction with BXpanded customer support. I received a shipping notice e-mail with a FEDEX tracking number when I had selected and paid for UPS. So I called customer support within 30 minutes of receiving the e-mail. The woman went out to the shipping department and literally pulled the package from the FEDEX truck so they could reship with UPS. BTW, I asked her about lead times and she said they are catching up from last year's steel shortage. She hasn't seen any changes yet from the current world events.
Good move on the UPS switch. fedex has screwed up deliveries all over the country and several of mine. UPS always comes up to my house (500’ driveway) where fedex has left parcels buried in the snow near the road. 😡

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Yep! I have had to deal with this DC too. I actually had new brake discs I was waiting on going backwards and forwards to my house daily - packaging was damaged so they didn’t want to deliver but wouldn’t return it either. Discs were fine which was frustrating. Finally caught the driver and made them give me the discs! They had put them in a new box so I couldn’t see the original damaged packaging. FedEx sucks royally out our way. UPS keeps giving our packages to the USPS and that then gets them frustrated too.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Final update on lead times ... the quick-on back hoe bucket connector shipped today

Screenshot 2022-03-25 162324.png

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
for you guys with the QA for the bucket, does it save you a valuable amount of time? i have a 16" ditching bucket on order. i currently only have 1, maybe 2 days worth of work for it on my property (mini ex was $400+float to rent). bucket is $550. After that I am not sure yet how much I will be swapping buckets. not sure if its worth the cost for the QA time savings.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
for you guys with the QA for the bucket, does it save you a valuable amount of time?
After that I am not sure yet how much I will be swapping buckets. not sure if its worth the cost for the QA time savings.
I have a 12" bucket. I got the Bxpanded root ripper and the quick attach at the same time. I can swap back and forth easily which is nice for digging out stumps where you rip, dig, rip, repeat. So for that purpose the QA saves me a ton of time and effort, well worth the cost. If you only swap out buckets once or twice a year then it may not be cost effective. I give it a thumbs up.

Reactions: 1 users

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I have a 12" bucket. I got the Bxpanded root ripper and the quick attach at the same time. I can swap back and forth easily which is nice for digging out stumps where you rip, dig, rip, repeat. So for that purpose the QA saves me a ton of time and effort, well worth the cost. If you only swap out buckets once or twice a year then it may not be cost effective. I give it a thumbs up.
I originally was going to hold off on getting the QA. But then someone (can't remember if it was you) described a situation where there might be swapping during a job rather than between jobs. Based on that, I decided to order the QA. Plus, I also have the thumb (not yet installed), which I thought might complicate implement switching. So my QA is coming on monday.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada

Follow on question, with the QA im assuming the distance to the pins changes, does that affect the Kubota Thumb??

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Follow on question, with the QA im assuming the distance to the pins changes, does that affect the Kubota Thumb??

Cancel that question.... it was answered on the bxpanded page. i got them in the cart. the QA and the ripper. works out to approx $813 cdn.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
guess im gonna end up hijacking this thread.... tractor attachments (in quebec) have a QA and Ripper,with shipping its $862Cdn. bxpanded is $826 cdn. I bet the CBSA will ding me at the border. I will wait a few hrs before ordering and if anyone has any experience/complaints about the Tractor Attachment ones id love to hear them! the difference of $40 isnt going to make or break what one I get. However with the price of shipping i might as well also get the ripper at the same time. I already have a few stumps to rip out.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
guess im gonna end up hijacking this thread.... tractor attachments (in quebec) have a QA and Ripper,with shipping its $862Cdn. bxpanded is $826 cdn. I bet the CBSA will ding me at the border. I will wait a few hrs before ordering and if anyone has any experience/complaints about the Tractor Attachment ones id love to hear them! the difference of $40 isnt going to make or break what one I get. However with the price of shipping i might as well also get the ripper at the same time. I already have a few stumps to rip out.
This is interesting ... I wonder how much difference there is between the BXpanded and the Tractor Attachment products. For a minute I thought they might be made by the same manufacturer, but the BXpanded products are made in USA and the Tractor Attachment products are made in Canada. And then I looked at pictures and the QA looks a little different.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
This is interesting ... I wonder how much difference there is between the BXpanded and the Tractor Attachment products. For a minute I thought they might be made by the same manufacturer, but the BXpanded products are made in USA and the Tractor Attachment products are made in Canada. And then I looked at pictures and the QA looks a little different.
If someone in eastern Ontario has the BX ones. Id be willing to compare them. I ordered the TA ones. They will have them shipped out next week.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I realized you cancelled this question, but it is still a valid one, even though BXpanded says the QA and thumb are compatible. My QA is coming in on monday but I won't be able to install it until the following week, but here are some pictures from the BXpanded web site of the thumb and bucket with and without the QA.

Screenshot 2022-04-01 at 20-16-44 Factory Mount Barracuda BH Thumb.png

Screenshot 2022-04-01 at 20-20-43 Factory Mount Barracuda BH Thumb.png

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
TA said mine would ship this week. They are only a few hrs away so I don’t expect it to take long.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Got my shipping notification already. That’s a good sign! Tracking shows I should have it on Friday.

Reactions: 1 users