Ripped Off

RHR

Equipment
MX-5200 KX-71-3 ZD21F-60
Dec 14, 2021
TEXAS
Is there a way to trace a supply pump that was an original factory install?

Supply Pump.jpg
It has a Bosch number on it.
Tractor shop claimed to have put a new one on and said mine was bad.
Should be 1j801-50500 but is 1j8015051. It defiantly is not a new one.
It don't work.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I assume you still have YOUR old one ??
hm, maybe '51' is the replacement to the '50'
how do you know it wasn't new ?
I sure don't like the BLUE DEATH RING !!! A sign it's NOT a proshop for sure !!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Could you clarify your situation please. Who installed the injection pump we see in the posted photo? You or a dealer?

Are you dealing with a Kubota dealer or just a tractor repair place?

The QR code on the pump scans to the following:

1J80150501173A456725

When you say the pump is definitely not a new one, I do not agree for the following reason.

Finding a QR code label on the pump which matches the numbers stamped into the pump body is not the sign of a used pump.

Is the machine we are discussing a MX5200 because I thought that model was a common rail system with electronically controlled injectors.

Looking forward to your answers to my questions.

Dave

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That blue sealant will change the timing. Are you sure the original shims were installed under the replacement pump?

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Could you clarify your situation please. Who installed the injection pump we see in the posted photo? You or a dealer?

1J80150501173A456725

When you say the pump is definitely not a new one, I do not agree for the following reason.

Finding a QR code label on the pump which matches the numbers stamped into the pump body is not the sign of a used pump.

Is the machine we are discussing a MX5200 because I thought that model was a common rail system with electronically controlled injectors.

Dave
Messicks offers the pump to fit his tractor as a 1J801-50500. I guess that the question is what is the significance of the part # 1J801-50501; is it in any way different?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
That blue sealant will change the timing. Are you sure the original shims were installed under the replacement pump?
The Common Rail fuel pump does not require timing as the injectors are fired through the ECM. The blue goo under the fuel supply pump is a red flag and should not be used as the new metal gasket seals very well by its self dry and lets the pump set truly in line with the block.

Attachments

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
The Common Rail fuel pump does not require timing as the injectors are fired through the ECM. The blue goo under the fuel supply pump is a red flag and should not be used as the new metal gasket seals very well by its self dry and lets the pump set truly in line with the block.
Well Whitetiger, as is usual, your mechanical knowledge is right on target. Maybe the thinking was that because the fuel supply pump is creating such extremely high pressure in the rail, some sealant was required. Just a guess. My question was the difference in the pump nomenclature. is the 1J801-50501 a supersede to the 1J801-50500, or is it a different pump, different output pressure, or something? I can't seem to dig out that information.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Well Whitetiger, as is usual, your mechanical knowledge is right on target. Maybe the thinking was that because the fuel supply pump is creating such extremely high pressure in the rail, some sealant was required. Just a guess. My question was the difference in the pump nomenclature. is the 1J801-50501 a supersede to the 1J801-50500, or is it a different pump, different output pressure, or something? I can't seem to dig out that information.
The blue goo is at the place where it only has Crank Case pressure.
I do not know if the part number is a supersession, a remanufactured unit or different pump.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Love how we get these posts, have lots of awesome input then the OP is nowhere to be found. Questions OP needs to answer first.

1. Who installed this? Tractor repairs shop or a Kubota dealer?
2. Why did you take it there?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Love how we get these posts, have lots of awesome input then the OP is nowhere to be found. Questions OP needs to answer first.

This response is not really serious on my part but sometimes I think owners are too embarrassed to come back with the real story.

Dave

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
1j801-50500 is the original part number

1j8015051 is the newest revision, that may or may not be in Kubota's system yet. but it will be if it isn't already. Bosch didn't put a dash in the number, but Kubota puts it in there. Just keeps people on their toes. Or confuses them. Whichever way you want to take it.

Kubota's part numbers are as such. If you see a 1 at the very end like in this case, that's normally the first revision or supercession of the original. 2 is the 2nd, and so on. They do this often if they change vendors, change the color, or heaven forbid improve the part somehow.

Don't know if I'd have used any sealant, but unless they just piled it on there thick, it shouldn't hurt anything. I always use the gasket it calls for, clean and prep the surfaces properly and they never ever leak. Some techs just swear by silicone and unless there is a joint where silicone is supposed to be used, it's not needed.

RHR

Equipment
MX-5200 KX-71-3 ZD21F-60
Dec 14, 2021
TEXAS

1J80150501173A456725

Dave
Dave
A local repair shop put this pump on the tractor. The 51 means it is a rebuilt pump The mechanic said mine was damaged beyond repair. I found out the hard way that he was not to good on Kubotas.
Numbers ending in 51 came from the factory. The one ending in 50 are replacement parts.
He knows little about the common rail system, so I have taken it twice to the local dealer with no luck.
Just lies. I have found out that most dealers are just putting parts on until everything works. I will get this tractor cranking right. I can repla e parts myself. I want to know for sure what is wrong with it before I replace a part.

RHR

Equipment
MX-5200 KX-71-3 ZD21F-60
Dec 14, 2021
TEXAS
That means it was blueprinted :rolleyes:
Sorry, couldn't resist ;)
If you buy a replacement pump from Kubota it will end in 50. This 51 number had me wondering where it came from. Could have been my original pump. Just cleaned up. Turns out it was a rebuilt pump.
I dont like the blue goop either but what do you do? No pressure there anyway.

RHR

Equipment
MX-5200 KX-71-3 ZD21F-60
Dec 14, 2021
TEXAS

Trying to save money.
He claimed he had software for this tractor as I knew it was needed. Later on found out he did not have the right cable. He replaced the pump but could not get his software to learn the pump. Took it to dealer. They ran their software to learn the pump and clear all the codes. Found that the shop had replaced the rail pressure sensor with a cummings sensor. The dealer claims to have put the right one on and it cranked and run fine?? I took it back to my place and put a new sensor on and nothing changed. Took it back to the dealer and watched them play with it for an hour. Now it's the fuel rail. There's nothing wrong with the fuel rail as the tractor has all the power it has always had. Now i am looking at possible leaking injectors.

RHR

Equipment
MX-5200 KX-71-3 ZD21F-60
Dec 14, 2021
TEXAS
Messicks offers the pump to fit his tractor as a 1J801-50500. I guess that the question is what is the significance of the part # 1J801-50501; is it in any way different?

Messicks parts technician is where I found out what the 1 stands for. Comes new on a tractor. You cannot order one with a 1 on it. It can be rebuilt. The shop put a rebuilt on my tractor.

RHR

Equipment
MX-5200 KX-71-3 ZD21F-60
Dec 14, 2021
TEXAS
1j801-50500 is the original part number

1j8015051 is the newest revision, that may or may not be in Kubota's system yet. but it will be if it isn't already. Bosch didn't put a dash in the number, but Kubota puts it in there. Just keeps people on their toes. Or confuses them. Whichever way you want to take it.

Kubota's part numbers are as such. If you see a 1 at the very end like in this case, that's normally the first revision or supercession of the original. 2 is the 2nd, and so on. They do this often if they change vendors, change the color, or heaven forbid improve the part somehow.

Don't know if I'd have used any sealant, but unless they just piled it on there thick, it shouldn't hurt anything. I always use the gasket it calls for, clean and prep the surfaces properly and they never ever leak. Some techs just swear by silicone and unless there is a joint where silicone is supposed to be used, it's not needed.
There is no revision on this supply pump. It is and has been 1j801-50500. the 1 means it was the factory installed pump. Per Messiks parts technician.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Trying to save money.
He claimed he had software for this tractor as I knew it was needed. Later on found out he did not have the right cable. He replaced the pump but could not get his software to learn the pump. Took it to dealer. They ran their software to learn the pump and clear all the codes. Found that the shop had replaced the rail pressure sensor with a cummings sensor. The dealer claims to have put the right one on and it cranked and run fine?? I took it back to my place and put a new sensor on and nothing changed. Took it back to the dealer and watched them play with it for an hour. Now it's the fuel rail. There's nothing wrong with the fuel rail as the tractor has all the power it has always had. Now i am looking at possible leaking injectors.
A few questions that need clarification in the bold and underlined text:
1) when the dealer changed the part and got it running, was that the end of the issue, and then you asked them to remove the part that they installed and reinstalled the "defective" part?
2) You took the tractor home and changed the "defective" part with a new part. Where did this part come from?
3) Were you trying to save money by not having to pay them for the part and installing it yourself? None of this makes sense to me why you would do some of these things.
4) You say in the last underlined sentence, that the tractor now has all the power that it always has, but it has leaking injectors. How do you know this?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Unfortunately now the dealer can blame the tractor mechanic and vise versa...never a good situation for the machine owner. Sorry you have to deal with it sounds like you are taking it at all ends.