Bh77 Broken Dipper Pin

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Did a walk around on my backhoe yesterday and notice the pin hanging out about two inches on the end of the dipper. The day i got My machine it was hanging out and inch and i thought It looked funny, tried to bang it in and it didn’t move. But never took pliers to it. Took pliers to it this time and it spun right around and pulled out. Anyone else have this problem lately? I saw Some super old posts about it. But nothing newer. Called Kubota and they didn’t have a recall on it.

Attachments

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Look up the correct part number, the dimensions might be there in the description. I have the BH70 which supposedly takes the same thumb and I know for a fact that the parts kit contained the wrong parts and the pin was way off, in a number of kits. My backhoe was welded together wrong as well and it still ain't fixed after fighting this battle for seven months, correct parts are not available on this planet.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Look up the correct part number, the dimensions might be there in the description. I have the BH70 which supposedly takes the same thumb and I know for a fact that the parts kit contained the wrong parts and the pin was way off, in a number of kits. My backhoe was welded together wrong as well and it still ain't fixed after fighting this battle for seven months, correct parts are not available on this planet.
When put together, as if it were not broken, the pin is the right length. I ordered A new one from messicks last night and he told me the pin is the same length as the one that’s broken.

Attachments

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Is there a thread of your backhoe not being welded right? Interested in checking it out

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Is there a thread of your backhoe not being welded right? Interested in checking it out
I didn't start a thread, coming here and saying negative things about orange tractors will be of no value. The dipper stick is made poorly with the upper holes for the thumb more than an inch out of position and the joint where the stick meets the boom collides in the corner. No parts are available.
Additional backhoe issues are the wrong pin, wrong bolt, loose grease fittings and the boom cylinder leaking down quickly. Kubota has been of no help, emailing and calling customer service is a waste of time. The dealer I bought it from is useless, so I took it to Messick's where they rebuilt the bad cylinder but can't do the rest without parts.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I didn't start a thread, coming here and saying negative things about orange tractors will be of no value. The dipper stick is made poorly with the upper holes for the thumb more than an inch out of position and the joint where the stick meets the boom collides in the corner. No parts are available.
Additional backhoe issues are the wrong pin, wrong bolt, loose grease fittings and the boom cylinder leaking down quickly. Kubota has been of no help, emailing and calling customer service is a waste of time. The dealer I bought it from is useless, so I took it to Messick's where they rebuilt the bad cylinder but can't do the rest without parts.
Ah man i hear Ya. Are you in New Jersey or Pa? Can you get someone to cut the thumb Mount off and re weld it on there?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Did you purchase this tractor new? I just can't imagine that if there is a manufacturing defect in the tractor that it wouldn't be repaired under the factory warranty. Certainly, Messicks has enough sway with Kubota that if they identify a defect in manufacturing, that they could get it resolved, should they want to get involved. Warranties for defects can be repaired by any authorized Kubota dealership. Individual welded-on parts can be easily machined by any competent machine shop. Have you considered that route if you can't get satisfaction from Kubota?

Reactions: 1 user

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Did you purchase this tractor new? I just can't imagine that if there is a manufacturing defect in the tractor that it wouldn't be repaired under the factory warranty. Certainly, Messicks has enough sway with Kubota that if they identify a defect in manufacturing, that they could get it resolved, should they want to get involved. Warranties for defects can be repaired by any authorized Kubota dealership. Individual welded-on parts can be easily machined by any competent machine shop. Have you considered that route if you can't get satisfaction from Kubota?
I bought it new from an incompetent dealer. After several visits and then a six week spell where the dealer held the tractor for Kubota to get involved. At the end of that time, they said that the cylinder has been replaced (they lied), and had no clue on what the problem was with the dipper. I brought the thing home. Keep in mind that I correctly identified all of the problems on the first day of use. In order to use the backhoe, I made a temporary repair to the thumb adjustment in my machine shop. Yes, I know what I am doing, but I am not going to cut off major parts of a component and weld them back on over an inch from the original position, especially on a brand new machine.

I have ten pages of history on the issues, there is too much to share here. I emailed and called the useless Kubota Contact and received absolutely no help. I then contacted Messick's and they agreed to make repairs. They called back when they had an identical unit for comparison, so I took it there and sure enough I was right all along. Messick's can't get the parts but they did rebuild the cylinder. After two weeks at Messick's they called and said I should take it home and they will call if and when parts are available.