I bought a whole case.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Not sure if this was a good idea or not now.

I bought a whole case of this new mystery oil OmniCron for the Kubota. You add it to your normal oil.

It advertises that when my tractor breaks down in the future it might not break as bad. It will still break down, just maybe not as bad. They had some really nice posters and cartoons explaining the numbers. I was really impressed with the cartoons but they really were not very informative. There is nothing but POSITIVE reviews to be found on it. It is true that they routinely delete bad reviews but they say it is ok to hide any negative data (I'm not sure why).

After all the horror stories of breakdowns by the people that do not use OmniCron and all the nothing but positive reviews, I broke down and bought a case.

Sure it isn't an issue for like 99.9% of tractor owners out there but if we can save just one tractor (big smile).

Now I'm holding the bottle up (getting ready to pour) and see some of the fine print at the bottom.

SOME ENGINES WILL SEIZE UP AND DIE AFTER USE - SOME ENGINES WILL LOOSE OIL PRESSURE AFTER USE - SOME ENGINES WILL START TO LEAK - IF YOU DON'T CONTINUE TO USE THIS REGULARLY SOME ENGINES WILL BREAK AND DIE - YOUR ENGINE WILL NEVER BE QUITE THE SAME AGAIN BUT PROBABLY WON"T BE WORSE

So I stopped the pour right there. My tractor already broke once and my mechanic (the guy is like a doctor) said it will not break like that again. Not sure if I dodged a bullet or not.

Would you line up to buy it?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

I bought a whole case of this new mystery oil OmniCron for the Kubota. You add it to your normal oil.

It advertises that when my tractor breaks down in the future it might not break as bad. It will still break down, just maybe not as bad. They had some really nice posters and cartoons explaining the numbers. I was really impressed with the cartoons but they really were not very informative. There is nothing but POSITIVE reviews to be found on it. It is true that they routinely delete bad reviews but they say it is ok to hide any negative data (I'm not sure why).

After all the horror stories of breakdowns by the people that do not use OmniCron and all the nothing but positive reviews, I broke down and bought a case.

Sure it isn't an issue for like 99.9% of tractor owners out there but if we can save just one tractor (big smile).

Now I'm holding the bottle up (getting ready to pour) and see some of the fine print at the bottom.

SOME ENGINES WILL SEIZE UP AND DIE AFTER USE - SOME ENGINES WILL LOOSE OIL PRESSURE AFTER USE - SOME ENGINES WILL START TO LEAK - IF YOU DON'T CONTINUE TO USE THIS REGULARLY SOME ENGINES WILL BREAK AND DIE - YOUR ENGINE WILL NEVER BE QUITE THE SAME AGAIN BUT PROBABLY WON"T BE WORSE

So I stopped the pour right there. My tractor already broke once and my mechanic (the guy is like a doctor) said it will not break like that again. Not sure if I dodged a bullet or not.

I got banned for a month for similar sarcasm. this canadian website doesnt put up with such things. Best to ban it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

REAL....... "SNAKE OIL"?

Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I thought this would be about beer!
Just because you bought it and posted so on a tractor forum....now everyone will want it! Awhhh here comes the OmniCron pop up advertisements already! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I copied and sent it to my email to save for posterity. That IS original and thinking outside the box.

I do wonder how many will not get the meaning.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

Sometimes, I find it really difficult to tell when you're being serious, LOL.

If you want some real performance out of that tractor, you need to add on a turboencabulator.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Made from PURE crapalloy.

I have a PDF copy of an old GE instruction book that was a gag, and has an actual reference number, and was included in all the training manuals for people coming into our division. Pretty sure it was GE engineers that coined the joke. We used it all the time on new-hire engineers fresh out of college back in the 80's.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Also, you're going need to the cover the grill at all times!
A specialized PTO Drive-Shaft Cover is also required to protect against unwanted transmissions.

Will be available in several sizes and colors. Kubota Orange II is in the color palette.

It's called the Cron-Dominator, and will be available at most respected retailers first quarter 2022...

I have a 24-pack (a whole case) on pre-order, but I think it might be a scam too.... 😲

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I give up and will never get the point.

I have come to accept my weaknesses.

I do congratulate the OP on the effort put into the post however!

Edit: I too thought it was going to be a post about beer!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Well here's to hoping Kubota doesn't start to mandate it.

Could you imagine putting it in a nicely running motor and have it seize up and die?

• Love

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Could you imagine putting it in a nicely running motor and have it seize up and die?
we did. I worked through cash for clunkers 🤣 while I didn’t agree, we sure did have some fun in the shop 😁

Couldnt kill a 4.9 Ford, 4.0 jeep a tough contender, sbc’s come in 3rd.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You guys think that all of this is a joke, but if you lived through the pandemic of 1917 as I did, you would realize that this is no laughing matter! I also had an aftermarket turboencabulator installed in my 1947 Tucker. That was one tough machine! Oh, those Canadians, they don't even understand the blonde jokes!

• Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Googled OmniCron oil but didn’t find anything. Please post a link.

I’m not really worried about the Kubota, it’s pretty young and hasn’t started breaking down yet. But it’s always parked right behind the Farmall H. The H is getting on in years so I’m worried if I don’t put the additive in the Kubota, the H may have a catastrophic breakdown.
056EAB92-58BA-4284-BE47-19FFA017F98D.jpeg