BX23S with Curtis Deluxe Cab

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Do you have a BX23S with the Curtis Deluxe cab? Today I removed my backhoe in preparation for the installation of the weight box for the winter. Everything went well until it came time to put the hose that comes off the left side of the tractor onto the female connection on the right-hand side of the tractor. I just couldn't plug it into the other half of the coupling. I then looked at the part that I took off of that fitting and noticed that it has a 90 degree fitting at the male coupling where it joins the hose. I tried it in the coupling and had no difficulty installing the male coupling into the female coupling. Upon very careful examination, I realized that the metal of the hose was hitting on the edge of the tractor cab. I dug around in my box of hydraulic fittings and found a suitable 90-degree fitting to remedy this issue. I would have thought that the dealer would have seen this as being an issue and resolved it prior to the delivery of the tractor with the cab. Does your tractor have this issue or did your dealer make the necessary modifications to the hose? I will post some pictures in the morning. It was cold, and I just left this to finish it in the morning when there is more light and it is warmer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Gee, TODAY I wish I HAD a cab....brrrr...
any chance you can modify the cab with a simple cut/grind operation ?

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Got it fixed today, only took about 15 minutes or so. In the first two pictures, you can see how the hose and nipple want to go into the fitting, but the cab is in the way. In the next picture, this is the original factory hose in the fitting, so you can see how the factory plumbed it. The last picture shows the factory line with the added 90-degree fitting. The only way that you wouldn't need this, is if the factory realized this was a problem, and changed the angle that the hard piping is done to accommodate the cab. My tractor is a 2019 model that was sold in April 2020. I did examine the steel line and bracket for the possibility that it had gotten damaged some time, but there was no evidence of that, and all the bends look proper and so no cracking of the paint or having ever been hit.

MVC-008L.JPG
MVC-009L.JPG
MVC-010L.JPG
MVC-011L.JPG
MVC-012L.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Got it fixed today, only took about 15 minutes or so. In the first two pictures, you can see how the hose and nipple want to go into the fitting, but the cab is in the way. In the next picture, this is the original factory hose in the fitting, so you can see how the factory plumbed it. The last picture shows the factory line with the added 90-degree fitting. The only way that you wouldn't need this, is if the factory realized this was a problem, and changed the angle that the hard piping is done to accommodate the cab. My tractor is a 2019 model that was sold in April 2020. I did examine the steel line and bracket for the possibility that it had gotten damaged some time, but there was no evidence of that, and all the bends look proper and so no cracking of the paint or having ever been hit.

View attachment 70317 View attachment 70318 View attachment 70319 View attachment 70320 View attachment 70321
Where there is a will there is a way!

Your hand looks different than I imagined... :ROFLMAO:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Where there is a will there is a way!

Your hand looks different than I imagined... :ROFLMAO:
I am a retired EMT and as such, I learned early on how to keep my hands clean and how to remove heavy grease from my hands so they don't look like the hands of a mechanic. I scrub my hands like a surgeon after I am finished working, and many times I also wear surgical gloves to keep them clean. The only problem that I have with my hands is that the left one still aches from an injury last year, and my skin is paper-thin in old age. I also have arthritis in my hands, but it doesn't stop me from doing what I need or want to do. Isn't old age wonderful?

Attachments

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Different situation, but Curtis is aftermarket so might have a fitment issue here and there. I have a BX2670 with rear remotes that I had a Curtis Cab put on. The installer made allowances to get the cab on, but the rear panel wouldn't come off without removing the bottom bolts it latches to.

That panel comes off in summer as I don't care to sweat to death. To make this easier, it took some drastic surgery on the panel, but it works now. That's aftermarket.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Different situation, but Curtis is aftermarket so might have a fitment issue here and there. I have a BX2670 with rear remotes that I had a Curtis Cab put on. The installer made allowances to get the cab on, but the rear panel wouldn't come off without removing the bottom bolts it latches to.

That panel comes off in summer as I don't care to sweat to death. To make this easier, it took some drastic surgery on the panel, but it works now. That's aftermarket.
My cab was manufactured by Curtis Industries of Massachusetts but is only sold by Kubota and its authorized dealers. It has the Kubota name emblazoned across the bottom of the windshield, so for all intent and purposes, it is a Kubota product. I have had a good relationship with the folks at Curtis when I asked for various installation instructions, and when I get a chance, I will forward this information to them so they become aware of the issue. My guess is that when the Kubota dealers run into this type of issue, that they just resolve it, and never pass the information onto the people that need to know about it and are responsible for correcting the problem. If they don't know about it, they can't fix it.