B2410 Rear Hydraulics install

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Been going back and forth trying to find a rear remote "kit" for the B2410. Years ago there was such a kit, at least according to the service manual. I finally did locate the rear remote fitting that connects to the HST block just before the 3PH lift.

Part is 6C040-95100-620 from Messicks. It consists of the block cover with two ports for 1/4 NPT fittings, 2 bolts, 2 orings. You basically replace the existing cover and bolts with this kit then can hook up whatever you want hydraulic wise beyond it. It is NOT a closed circuit so whatever you connect must either be an open circuit, or connected together when not in use or you dead head the pump.

Ignore the dirt, first time the cover was off in nearly 20 years and it is too cold to power wash it.

First thing is to remove the right rear tire so you can access the plate. Up to you if you want to remove it first or do the next steps first then the tire. Removing the tire makes it much easier to work on it since it wont be in the way. Next is remove the tool box and seat, then the front cover over the transmission, pull the knob straight off, two 12mm bolts up top, then reach underneath the floor, there are two tabs on either side, move them forward and up to release the cover, remove the dipstick and the cover comes right off. Replace the dipstick so nothing falls in.

IMG_7176[1].JPG

IMG_7175[1].JPG

Now looking straight down on the right you should see the cover. It is to the left and just below the pressure pipe coming from the Power Beyond line off the loader. I found it easier to remove the seat bracket, your choice as it is a bit tricky to get back in.

IMG_7165[1].JPG

Remove the seat belt retractor on the left to access the 12mm shoulder bolt, There are two 14mm head bolts on the rear bracket and a 12mm head bolt securing a ground wire and cable clamp on the front. A firm tug will pull the entire unit out, then move it up and to the side and you will have full access to the right side to work on this.

There are 2 12mm head bolts that secure the cover, so reach in, take them out and the cover should stay in place. You can then grab it and pull it off. There is an o-ring so make sure it is not left behind, mine was.

IMG_7168[1].JPG

Now prepare the new cover by installing the new included O-rings, making sure they are properly seated.

IMG_7169[1].JPG
IMG_7170[1].JPG

Before you install it, take the dipstick out and put a few drops of oil on the o-rings so they are lubricated. Then install and tighten the bolts.

Now my install can and probably will vary from yours depending on your application. I am using it for a log splitter and the only fittings I could find that will work were 3/8 NPT which meant larger lines than what normally would come off this block, which are 1/4 NPT. I used an 1/4 to 3/8 adapter to 3/8 hose. I ran the first line in after installing the bottom fitting, got that tight, then installed the top fitting, then the hose and got them all snugged up. I then continued on and using a 3/8NPT coupler, joined another length of 3/8 hose, then on the pressure side a female coupler, on the return side a male coupler, this way when I disconnect the splitter, I join the two lines together to complete the circuit. I had to replace the fittings on the splitter since they were 1/2 NPT and do not fit the 3/8 NPT fittings, so swivel adapters were used there. I did a pressure test before connecting the splitter and verified all is working and no leaks, and the pump was not dead headed. When all was done I went and grabbed a log and split it nicely.

IMG_7172[1].JPG
IMG_7173[1].JPG

IMG_7174[1].JPG

I still have some securing of the lines to do, but in roughly 3 hours I had it all done. That included getting the backhoe off, the 3 point back on, and the log splitter off the trailer and on the tractor. Really isn't that hard of a job, figuring out what was needed was much harder than the actual work.

I am looking for a permanent solution with actual ports on the tractor, but thats probably next year, for now I got done and working what I needed.

Whats funny is I looked at a "new" Mahindra a few months ago and found it had more rust on it, than my nearly 20 year old Kubota. That rust you see on the seat slide, thats about the extent on the entire tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Been going back and forth trying to find a rear remote "kit" for the B2410. Years ago there was such a kit, at least according to the service manual. I finally did locate the rear remote fitting that connects to the HST block just before the 3PH lift.

Part is 6C040-95100-620 from Messicks. It consists of the block cover with two ports for 1/4 NPT fittings, 2 bolts, 2 orings. You basically replace the existing cover and bolts with this kit then can hook up whatever you want hydraulic wise beyond it. It is NOT a closed circuit so whatever you connect must either be an open circuit, or connected together when not in use or you dead head the pump.
I could not quite figure that block out from the photos but this makes it a lot clearer. Good to know the part number for future reference.

Dan

6C040-95100.png

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
That was the hardest part of the whole thing, finding that one stupid part!

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Got a chance to use it yesterday. 4 hours splitting wood, have my 5.5 x 10 flatbed filled 3' high and only halfway through the pile of logs. Thats just one tree, I have about 6 more to go. Nice thing is, the fittings make good hand warmers too.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Sounds like success! I love it when a plan comes together!

Bill

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Still working on permanent solution for when not using the splitter so I don't have 8' of hose coiled up behind me. I got another pair of connectors, just looking for bulkhead fittings and a means of securing them with shorter hoses and some 90* fittings off the block. I need to source some 1/4" plate for a couple projects now.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Still working on permanent solution for when not using the splitter so I don't have 8' of hose coiled up behind me. I got another pair of connectors, just looking for bulkhead fittings and a means of securing them with shorter hoses and some 90* fittings off the block. I need to source some 1/4" plate for a couple projects now.
I have used some of the angles that are about 1/4 thick for mounting some on my 8N. They are used with kindorf or unistrut . the stuff you mount pipe or conduit on. Lowes and Home depot carry it. they already have about 1/2" holes in them.

Bill

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
What I have in mind is a plate to attach to the ROPS using a U bolt I have. I found Ubolts that are a perfect fit, stainless steel, 1/2" diameter on Amazon, comes as a unit of 4. I used 2 to attach a light bar I made out of 1/8" angle, and they worked great, so I have 2 more laying around. I plan to make a plate that will have the bulkhead fittings attached to, bolted to the ROPS at the very bottom. I may add two spools down the road for Top n Tilt and maybe to operate the MoCo hydraulics if needed. I can use the 4th Ubolt for that.

Since I will be getting an L4060 with all available rear remotes, I may not need to add them, but you never say never when it comes to tractors.