What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I use my regular grease (Lucas Tacky Red) on anything in the 3 point that moves against something else. Between the Euro style top link ball n hook and Pat's I don't have to touch anything with grease.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Me likey! Would silence one more rattle that's right in your face, too. Where'd you find the grommet? Not sure anything around here is gonna have one that big. But, I also figure some kinda automotive body trim might do the trick as well. There's actually a PSA about the short pins on the LA535 loaders, and it says to take the FEL/tractor to the dealership for correction. I ain't loading up a tractor and going through traffic full of idiots to get pins that are too easy to replace. But, I'm STILL waiting for them to tell me they have replacement pins. I got the PSA back in July.

Has anyone else noticed that it's the left pin that backs out, not the right? Weird, but I'm guessing the rotation/vibration of the engine and length of the moment arm on the FEL subframe is what's doing it. The RH pin stays all the way in, left wiggles out until the handle hit the hole, and the inside end is flush with the side of the FEL subframe.
This actual grommet was from a harbor freight grommet kit. But my friend nick who is an auto body guy had some old radiator mounts that he had laying around, they worked good as well.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

BTron

Equipment
2021 Kubota BX2680, 60" MMM, LA344S FEL, BX2816 SB, LP RTR1250 Tiller
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Switchbox is ready to wire in a chute rotator motor and chute deflector actuator on the snowblower tomorrow 👍

20211029_202659.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Finished connecting snowblower PTO and put chains on.

Ended up shortening the chains by 2 stringers both sides. Amazing how the stretch. This will be 9 seasons.

I don’t have spacers on my BX. Need to keep them tight.

Attachments

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Loader on , spent a couple minutes switched out to forks :)
MMM Deck off cleaned and stashed in shed for for season.
Back blade is stashed in shed also .. Jinxed our winter likely will get 20' of snow :mad:

Forks are really nice for hauling deck to shed from garage. 100 thumbs up for SSQA invention.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Been a few years since I modded the BX2750D snowblower shoes. Holding up very well.

0D4E7681-3BE5-40C6-BD7B-8AD6DCBFC2B7.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Ordered the 3pt 72" Pine Straw/Needle Rake from Titan Attachments (Palletforks.com). Little late in the season here in Central Oregon, but now I've got one.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Removed mid mount mower and cleaned for winter, have to sharpen blades. Used forks to clean up yard of pallets and move firewood box. Just have to prep for front mount snow blower. Once that is on can use for nothing else.
Thinking of tinting can windows

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
With the monsoon wind and rains the last couple days there is no outside tractor time. So Last night I got a head start on the 400hr service. I did the engine oil / filter change - otherwise known as oiling the garage floor. I don't know why but every time I do an oil change on any vehicle I manage to spill at least a little oil on the floor.
I use a 12V dipstick pump.
Works great, but rather slow.
No spills though.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Replaced the dynamo on my B2601 with an alternator. 14v at idle now. Took about 90 minutes, only because the new belt was slightly too short to slide over the alternator pulley when adjusted all the way in, so had to angle the alternator behind the belt then mount it. Then find the top bracket was a little off, so loosen that to get it to mount smoothly, then take the alternator off again to tighten it because the alternator was in the way, then angle it again and put it on again. And finding the regulator under the dash to disconnect was harder than you'd think.

Overall very happy. I run an electric sprayer on the 3ph, an electric fertiliser spreader on the 3ph, and an electric transfer pump on my diesel tank (for getting heating oil into the house tank). The dynamo didn't really charge the battery up unless you did a good run at full revs, so some days it was pretty lazy to start.

Reactions: 3 users

millsrv

Equipment
L2501 HST, LA525, BH77, Gannon Rollover Scraper, Titan Skid Steer Attach Forks
Nov 20, 2015
Placerville, CA
Carrying a chain saw on my tractor has always been a pain. Putting an expensive saw in the backhoe bucket is not a good plan. Recently I found this ATV chainsaw holder on Amazon for under $70 and decided to order it. I did make modifications to the mounting bracket using a band saw but other than that it was a simple install. I usually have pallet forks on when doing tree work so the loader bucket is not there to carry equipment. I think this might be a reasonable to carry and protect my saws.

Attachments

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Carrying a chain saw on my tractor has always been a pain. Putting an expensive saw in the backhoe bucket is not a good plan. Recently I found this ATV chainsaw holder on Amazon for under $70 and decided to order it. I did make modifications to the mounting bracket using a band saw but other than that it was a simple install. I usually have pallet forks on when doing tree work so the loader bucket is not there to carry equipment. I think this might be a reasonable to carry and protect my saws.
Very nice. Would love your honest opinion on the Stihl battery line.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Update in my FDR2584 mower. Cliffs notes: Mower delivered on a Wednesday and the belt disintegrated after 40 minutes of use with no warning.

The dealer picked it up and took it back for repair and found that the bolt for the spring tensioner had a lot of paint in the hole causing it to stick. He took the bolt out and removed the paint, greased the hole and reinstalled the bolt. Mowed 4.5 acres without any problems.

The bolt is under the gearbox

20211031_110653.jpg

I picked up the deck and was pleasantly surprised to see minimal grass buildup considering the grass was quite long and not as dry as it would normally be when I mow.
20211031_110527.jpg

Rzims

Equipment
B7800
Apr 28, 2021
California
Nice setup - I bought the battery stihl MSA 160 this year and really love this thing. Bought an extra battery and I usually run out of steam before it does....

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Went to the farm and moved some trailers. Stored the wife’s 2 horse bar conversion trailer there. Not enough room to use a truck so the little BX for the win today!

CCDA3AA5-E2FA-41DB-9C22-F4318A122A61.jpeg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
As much as I dread the thought, seasonal conversion done.

“Ran the chains in”. All good there.

Did have a little hydraulic fluid leak. Looks like a coupler. Unhooked and re-connected. Think it’s good now.

627FA49D-0D51-4B2C-B927-4FC9F4861812.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

PM7788

Equipment
LX3310HSDC, LA535 FEL, LX2963 Snowblower
Aug 28, 2021
MA
Well. Haven't been on in a few days due to the massive storm that hit Massachusetts. Almost lost my brand new tractor. Tree fell to the left and missed it and another to the right that landed on my truck. The Kubota gods were good to me, the Ram gods not so much. Spent the past few days cleaning up the mess and spending as much time as possible on the LX3310.
Tree.jpeg
Tree 1.jpeg
Tree 2.jpeg
Tree 3.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users