What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Same here. when its really cold I can go thru almost 2 bags/day heating 3100 sq ft. The pellet stove does the heavy lifting, ductless heat pumps just don't provide that radiant heat to make you feel warm so, they run as backup. I also have a propane fired boiler that I've only used once.

RCW, those look like TSC pellet bags. I picked up a ton locally from TSC but they were the nasty hardwood pellet blend. I didn't have a choice since my preferred provider can't get hardwood pellets this year.
Very nice spot you have there.

Yes - - those are the TSC 100% Hardwood. Used them last couple years.

Had to go to another TSC to get these. My stove hasn't balked at any brand/formulation thus far, but know these have been okay.

Hope I'm stocked into March/April....

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
On average, I burn about 1.25 bags/day - - only heat source, but do have oil-fired boiler for backup.

Equates to about $6.50/day for heat with pellets.

I figure fuel oil averages about 3+ gal/day. I think $1.80/gal oil is about break-even. Running ~$3.25 last I checked.
Very cool man, that’s not too bad at all. I have a wood stove waiting to go in my house. I’m tired of paying the gas company every month lol

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
With the monsoon wind and rains the last couple days there is no outside tractor time. So Last night I got a head start on the 400hr service. I did the engine oil / filter change - otherwise known as oiling the garage floor. I don't know why but every time I do an oil change on any vehicle I manage to spill at least a little oil on the floor.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
......I did the engine oil / filter change - otherwise known as oiling the garage floor. I don't know why but every time I do an oil change on any vehicle I manage to spill at least a little oil on the floor.
LOL sounds familiar. What I do now is lay a large cardboard panel on the floor for the drain pan to sit on to catch and absorb any splash and spills. I cut or unfold the cardboard panels from large boxes and store them behind a shelf usually reusing the same one a number of times. Once saturated I cut it into strips for fire starter.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Split firewood with the hoe, 😂 and broke the bead on some aluminum wheels. 30 more to go.
B257720A-395D-4FD7-8550-BC6BC01CE9CE.jpeg
20006BED-FB01-4D70-9D32-E72D99BF8AD9.jpeg
B559D0E6-D099-4F55-BAA7-12623C2BD334.jpeg
499DD30D-4B2A-4CF8-ABCB-2CBA272868FD.jpeg
DE69A11E-7E4F-4007-9AC3-66FFAFAE283A.jpeg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Referring back to Reply #10210, I was back at my property this morning and was able to take a couple of pictures of my "pull bar" attachment.
IMG_1149.JPG

This is the pin and also the hairpin that came with my M4900. Because if the casting, inserting the pin from the top is impossible. Notice that the hairpin is the same size as a Lynch Pin.
IMG_1147.JPG

Another view showing the hairpins being protected by the tractor frame.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Didn’t think I needed a backhoe but maybe I just haven’t considered all the possible uses. 😳
i have so many non sense things I’ve done with my hoe so far, I’m just embarrassed to post them all lol i almost Didn’t post this one lol

• Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Referring back to Reply #10210, I was back at my property this morning and was able to take a couple of pictures of my "pull bar" attachment.
View attachment 68559
This is the pin and also the hairpin that came with my M4900. Because if the casting, inserting the pin from the top is impossible. Notice that the hairpin is the same size as a Lynch Pin.
View attachment 68561
Another view showing the hairpins being protected by the tractor frame.
Yeah, I don’t suspect that hairpin is going anywhere without a hammer.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
i have so many non sense things I’ve done with my hoe so far, I’m just embarrassed to post them all lol i almost Didn’t post this one lol
Hey - - you bought a 'hoe for a reason.

Think you gave some guys some ideas....

God's honest truth...I wished I had one for that same reason before...kid you not....

Loader didn't work worth squat.....too wide, and my BX wasn't heavy enough.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have a hatchet that rides behind my seat that does the hammering because I do not have the strength to remove it 'barehanded'.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Hey - - you bought a 'hoe for a reason.

Think you gave some guys some ideas....

God's honest truth...I wished I had one for that same reason before...kid you not....

Loader didn't work worth squat.....too wide, and my BX wasn't heavy enough.
Yeah the hoe has endless uses, that’s for sure. I’ll post more pics of the nonsense I’ve done with it soon

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
LOL sounds familiar. What I do now is lay a large cardboard panel on the floor for the drain pan to sit on to catch and absorb any splash and spills. I cut or unfold the cardboard panels from large boxes and store them behind a shelf usually reusing the same one a number of times. Once saturated I cut it into strips for fire starter.

I do the same thing with the cardboard. Had some moving boxes that I just flattened and keep around.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Been working around the endless rain rebuilding a bridge across a creek running thru my property. Used 28 bags.
00C51CBC-ED68-4230-92A8-151FCE6BEB3A.jpeg
22763EF2-F999-4B3F-9604-D3AFECBCD46E.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
For those of you with the short pin problem. 10. Second fix. And under 2$ No paint needed lol View attachment 68159 View attachment 68160 View attachment 68161 View attachment 68162
Me likey! Would silence one more rattle that's right in your face, too. Where'd you find the grommet? Not sure anything around here is gonna have one that big. But, I also figure some kinda automotive body trim might do the trick as well. There's actually a PSA about the short pins on the LA535 loaders, and it says to take the FEL/tractor to the dealership for correction. I ain't loading up a tractor and going through traffic full of idiots to get pins that are too easy to replace. But, I'm STILL waiting for them to tell me they have replacement pins. I got the PSA back in July.

Has anyone else noticed that it's the left pin that backs out, not the right? Weird, but I'm guessing the rotation/vibration of the engine and length of the moment arm on the FEL subframe is what's doing it. The RH pin stays all the way in, left wiggles out until the handle hit the hole, and the inside end is flush with the side of the FEL subframe.

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
“What did you do to your Kubota today?”

I put 35 gallons of fuel in it that cost $3.00/ gallon (up from $2.19 last year) in my Kubota.

LGB!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
With the monsoon wind and rains the last couple days there is no outside tractor time. So Last night I got a head start on the 400hr service. I did the engine oil / filter change - otherwise known as oiling the garage floor. I don't know why but every time I do an oil change on any vehicle I manage to spill at least a little oil on the floor.
Think of it as your tractor marking its territory. I had a 1970 VW beetle for YEARS (since 1979 until about 5 years ago). If a VW isn't leaking, it doesn't have any oil in it. The dipstick was only to let you know how much had leaked out. But, we VW enthusiasts always say "It ain't leaking, it's marking it's territory.

TIP: Next time you're gonna change oil, put a bunch of flattened cardboard boxes down on the floor and duct tape all the gaps together. Then you toss your absorbed drips into the trash when you're done. Won't stop you from getting the oil on you, but it'll keep the floor cleaner. I also use a large flat pan about 4-6 inches deep to capture the drips, then transfer that to my storage container until I can take it to a recycler (tractor dealer takes if for free). Keep a bag of absorbent around, too. (Kitty litter works, but costs more than automotive stuff) Fine sawdust will do OK if you're picking up or stopping puddles, but won't leech it out of concrete.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
. . .
TIP: Next time you're gonna change oil, put a bunch of flattened cardboard boxes down on the floor and duct tape all the gaps together. Then you toss your absorbed drips into the trash when you're done. Won't stop you from getting the oil on you, but it'll keep the floor cleaner. I also use a large flat pan about 4-6 inches deep to capture the drips, then transfer that to my storage container until I can take it to a recycler (tractor dealer takes if for free). Keep a bag of absorbent around, too. (Kitty litter works, but costs more than automotive stuff) Fine sawdust will do OK if you're picking up or stopping puddles, but won't leech it out of concrete.
Thanks Old_paint (and others who mentioned it). I usually have a supply of boxes that I use as noted:
top n tilt finished - Copy.jpg

Just was out of good boxes :(
have to say no amount of cardboard will deter me from getting some oil on the concrete. Its destiny.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Thanks Old_paint (and others who mentioned it). I usually have a supply of boxes that I use as noted:
View attachment 68661

Just was out of good boxes :(
have to say no amount of cardboard will deter me from getting some oil on the concrete. Its destiny.
I got goose bumps looking at the top n tilt and Pat's hitches. Nice setup.

I have the 'same' telescoping stabilizers on my LX, but they're on the inside of the lift arms, pinned under the PTO. Dunno if that offers more protection or less, but I haven't bent one yet.

I keep a cheap quick-hitch on mine pretty much all the time. I had a lot of trouble with it when I first got it, but me and an angle grinder resolved those problems. I sharpened and tapered the hooks on it, and it's actually doing what it's supposed to now.

I did make one mistake when I bought my drawbar. Didn't realize I picked up a Cat 0 and not a Cat 1. It too was cheap ($100), and while it's "Quick Hitch Compatible", that would be for someone else's quick hitch. It's 6" narrower than my hitch, so I have to remove the QH to use the drawbar to move my trailer around. I started to go with the Pat's hooks, but found my cheapo QH ($120). Just didn't know then what I know now, so didn't get the right drawbar.

Do you just smear the balls on the lift hardware with grease, or do you use something else? I found Hillco's Strong Arm in a Can works very well. It's a spray on grease, and doesn't leave gobs of it to get all over me. I use it on anything I see that needs to be slippery and doesn't have a zerk. It's a lot easier to get off me when I do get it on me, too. The sticky red stuff I bought for the rest of the tractor and attachments will ruin clothing. All I seem to be able to do with that when I get it on me is spread it.