Implements for LX3310

RegionRat

Equipment
LX3310
Sep 20, 2021
Northwest Indiana
I know there probably isn't a ton of guys running the new LX series tractors, but I'm curious what size implements would be best for the LX3310.

I just put in a retail order for an LX3310 (30.8 HP/ 27 PTO HP). My plan is to get a rotary cutter, box blade, landscape rake, and tiller. I'm hoping to get everything from EA.

Your thoughts and recommendations?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Don’t own one, but likely want 5 ft cutter, box blade, and tiller. 6ft on the rake

Reactions: 1 user

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Agree with Fordtech.

Jhtractor

Equipment
2021 LX3310, LA535, RTR1258 tiller, QH10, BB1260, LX2963, PF1242, RCK60
Apr 23, 2021
Wisconsin
I am running a Land Pride 5' box blade on my LX3310 and a Land Pride 1258 RTR 58" tiller. Have a 6' landscape rake (Titan Attachments) as well. No issues with power in my heavy clay soil. I have a 60" MMM on order, but back ordered.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
What fordtech said ^
60" BB
60" Brush hog
60" Tiller
72" rake would be ideal (I have a 60" and hope to upgrade it soon)

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I know there probably isn't a ton of guys running the new LX series tractors, but I'm curious what size implements would be best for the LX3310.

I just put in a retail order for an LX3310 (30.8 HP/ 27 PTO HP). My plan is to get a rotary cutter, box blade, landscape rake, and tiller. I'm hoping to get everything from EA.

Your thoughts and recommendations?
Strongly recommend that you follow the recommended implement limitations in the Operator's Manual with the possible exception of the rotary cutter.

Your 3310 has adequate PTO HP to operate a 60" rotary cutter in nearly all conditions but the Operator's Manual recommends nothing larger than 48" and 500 Lbs.

I use a 60" rotary cutter with my B3350 with a full set of front weights, which must be removed (including weight bracket) when the FEL is installed. PTO power is adequate so weight is the limiting factor, front weights or otherwise. Lift arm attachment structure is questionable for anything heavier and mower weight will push your tractor around in some circumstances. Light duty 60" rotary cutters can be found at around 500 Lbs. If you limit cutter weight to the recommended 500 Lbs., you should be OK at 60".

SDT

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The specs outlined in Kubotas book for the machine are outrageously undersized. They also conflict with land prides suggestions. I'm sure that document serves whatever purpose kubota needs it to, be it limit liability, or aid in warranty denial, who knows.

If they used that sheet to sell tractors they wouldnt sell any. 54" max sized Box Blade?? lol
RCF2060 & RC1860 would be no problem for LX3310. I can speak for the RCF2060, no front weights needed, no need to remove the loader, (both) weigh 600 pounds, totally fine. Just my experience.

LX_ implement_guide.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

RegionRat

Equipment
LX3310
Sep 20, 2021
Northwest Indiana
The specs outlined in Kubotas book for the machine are outrageously undersized. They also conflict with land prides suggestions. I'm sure that document serves whatever purpose kubota needs it to, like limit liability, or aid in warranty denial, who knows.

If they used that sheet to sell tractors they wouldnt sell any. 54" max sized Box Blade?? lol
RCF2060 & RC1860 come in around 600 pounds. They are no problem for LX3310, well I can only speak for the RCF2060, no front weights needed, no need to remove the loader, it weighs 600 pounds, it's totally fine. Just my experience.

View attachment 66445
Wow. That's the first I've gotten to see anything from the owners manual. Kinda a
The specs outlined in Kubotas book for the machine are outrageously undersized. They also conflict with land prides suggestions. I'm sure that document serves whatever purpose kubota needs it to, like limit liability, or aid in warranty denial, who knows.

RCF2060 & RC1860 come in around 600 pounds. They are no problem for LX3310, well I can only speak for the RCF2060, no front weights needed, no need to remove the loader, it weighs 600 pounds, it's totally fine. Just my experience.

View attachment 66445
Do you know how I could get an owners manual for the LX before my tractor arrives? I reached out to the dealer and was no help. I'd like to read it while I'm waiting.

Thanks

Esabvol

Equipment
Kubota 3560 LE
Mar 15, 2021
Lebanon, TN
Wow. That's the first I've gotten to see anything from the owners manual. Kinda a

Do you know how I could get an owners manual for the LX before my tractor arrives? I reached out to the dealer and was no help. I'd like to read it while I'm waiting.

Thanks
download the My Kubota App, manuals are on there

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Thanks
That''s exactly what I did before buying my B3350.

Fortunately, my dealer had a B3350 in stock when I bought mine and I borrowed the Operator's Manual overnight before purchasing. Found multiple errors in manual in the process.

Having been a design engineer in one former life, I both understand and respect manufacturer's specifications. I also appreciate the multiple reasons why manufacturer's specify maximum recommended implement weights.

In times past, I have owned two new tractors upon which I mounted rotary cutters that were easily operated and lifted by such tractors but exceeded the manufacturer's maximum recommended weight. Even though I do not mow rocks, stumps, etc., and very rarely hit obstacles with the deck or tail wheel, both tractors suffered multiple lift system component failures over the course of a two or three years. Accordingly, I no longer exceed such recommendations.

I strongly recommend that you examine the lower lift arm attachment points on the LX tractors before buying a rotary cutter heavier than, perhaps, 550 Lbs. The weak link should be readily apparent and structural failure would be VERY expensive and not covered by Kubota's warranty.

SDT, who has BTDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The EA 60 inch Extreme Duty Rotary Cutter comes in at 650 pounds..... I would rather not run a 48 inch Cutter
Strongly recommend that you not use a 650 Lb. mounted cutter on your LX.

You can find light duty 60" cutters around 500 Lbs. You need not resort to a 48" cutter.

In any event, you WILL need front weights with a 650 Lb. cutter unless your ground is flat or nearly so. Yes, the LX will lift it but it will be very light in the front unless the FEL and bucket is on the tractor, which, of course, greatly compromises maneuverability.

SDT, who, again, has BTDT

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I am not sweating 50 - 100 pounds on a rear lift point rated for 2100 lbs (1700 pounds @24"), and certainly wouldn't downgrade in brush hog to do so over 50 pounds. I also cant see taking the loader off to brush hog with a 60" cutter, if it's that tight of space a 5' cutter prob isnt the right choice.

I personally know one user has run a 5' cutter over 600 pounds for years (prob hundreds of hours) with no issues on a B2650. When you take a scoop of fill is it within 50 pounds each time? Also have zero problems climbing hills pulling RCF2060 no need for additional weight. Although, have never used the cutter without the loader and bucket. If you are brush hogging its a good idea to have the bucket down low regardless, not sure I would cut without. Just my experience.

RegionRat

Equipment
LX3310
Sep 20, 2021
Northwest Indiana
Strongly recommend that you not use a 650 Lb. mounted cutter on your LX.

You can find light duty 60" cutters around 500 Lbs. You need not resort to a 48" cutter.

In any event, you WILL need front weights with a 650 Lb. cutter unless your ground is flat or nearly so. Yes, the LX will lift it but it will be very light in the front unless the FEL and bucket is on the tractor, which, of course, greatly compromises maneuverability.

SDT, who, again, has BTDT
Great info! Thanks for the input, it's greatly appreciated. I was able to locate the manual on the My Kubota app. I find it disappointing that I reached out to the dealer to get the manual and he essentially blew me off. Within 20 minutes of asking the question on this forum I now have the manual. You guys are great!

It's interesting to me that the 3 point is rated to lift well over 500 pounds but yet it's not recommended to exceed that limit. I have a lot learn I guess

RegionRat

Equipment
LX3310
Sep 20, 2021
Northwest Indiana
I am not sweating 50 - 100 pounds on a rear lift point rated for 2100 lbs (1700 pounds @24"), and certainly wouldn't downgrade in brush hog to do so over 50 pounds. I also cant see taking the loader off to brush hog with a 60" cutter, if it's that tight of space a 5' cutter prob isnt the right choice.

I personally know one user has run a 5' cutter over 600 pounds for years (prob hundreds of hours) with no issues on a B2650. When you take a scoop of fill is it within 50 pounds each time?
Yea that's where I'm not understanding the 500 pound limit when it's capable of lifting 3x that amount.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Thanks
You can download digital copy free on kubota website.

Willabe

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 9, 2021
I have no problem with a 60" 550lb cutter on my LX2610, though I've only used it on flat ground with the FEL on. I think the weight limit listed is conservativly low in part because of how far back the cutter extends from the lift arms and the risk associated with improper front ballast.