Loosing power

Mark G

Equipment
M7060
Sep 15, 2021
Louisiana
I have a 2021 M7060 with 150 hours on it. I pull a 12’ land pride flex wing. After an hour or so of run time the tractor looses power, so much I go from low 5 to low 3 or even 2 in gears. If you move the loader it will almost die. The exhaust is not smooth it sounds like it’s spitting if that makes sense. Fuel filter changed, blew lines out, separator stays full etc. etc. At dealer now and can’t find anything wrong. No codes.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Unusual that it's time/heat related. Air filters could be a suspect, but they'd surely be the same when you start as 1 hour in. Really fuel system should be the same - it works or it doesn't, it shouldn't change over time. Weak fuel pump?

Reactions: 1 user

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Sounds like either fuel delivery or air-supply issue.

The interesting part is that it seems to be heat related.... or perhaps hydraulic related as evidenced by moving the loader seems to load the engine even more.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
I have a 2021 M7060 with 150 hours on it. I pull a 12’ land pride flex wing. After an hour or so of run time the tractor looses power, so much I go from low 5 to low 3 or even 2 in gears. If you move the loader it will almost die. The exhaust is not smooth it sounds like it’s spitting if that makes sense. Fuel filter changed, blew lines out, separator stays full etc. etc. At dealer now and can’t find anything wrong. No codes.
With Tier IV compliant engine, if you can't find temporarily restricted fuel delivery (a floater in the fuel tank) or a lose wire or connector, it's time to get the dealer to hook up their laptop with Kubota's proprietary software to diagnose it. It could be a faulty sensor. I doubt it's a restricted air intake since that would cause a problem at high power demand all the time.

Mark G

Equipment
M7060
Sep 15, 2021
Louisiana
With Tier IV compliant engine, if you can't find temporarily restricted fuel delivery (a floater in the fuel tank) or a lose wire or connector, it's time to get the dealer to hook up their laptop with Kubota's proprietary software to diagnose it. It could be a faulty sensor. I doubt it's a restricted air intake since that would cause a problem at high power demand all the time.
The dealer has hooked it up to computer and shows no codes. They have ran it on the pto load bank and it will not do it there either. Very frustrating.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just a question, are you running up and down hills across hills,, the PTO loadbank is a static set up meaning its only doing work on the level,, I was thinking there maybe something inthe tank rolling around. Please keep us up dated so someone might have the same issue and we all can learn

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Just a WAG, but, is the fuel tank vent plugged? I'd try it with the fuel cap a little loose.

Mark G

Equipment
M7060
Sep 15, 2021
Louisiana
Just a question, are you running up and down hills across hills,, the PTO loadbank is a static set up meaning its only doing work on the level,, I was thinking there maybe something inthe tank rolling around. Please keep us up dated so someone might have the same issue and we all can learn
Yeah I’m running in hills. I told the dealer to come out to the tractor while it was in its element but they insisted bringing it in.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah that sounds about right .. There is no easy way to check the tank out to see if thereis anything blocking or partly blocking the fuel, I figure that when the motor is already labored the hydro would even load it more,,, but then what do I know

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Yeah that sounds about right .. There is no easy way to check the tank out to see if thereis anything blocking or partly blocking the fuel, I figure that when the motor is already labored the hydro would even load it more,,, but then what do I know
For what it is worth, here is a longshot. Check the fuel tank cap to make sure that the cap breathers are clear. To check this, try running with the cap loose. If it runs OK you have found the problem. A clogged cap vent will eventually create a vacuum in the tank, and the fuel will not flow out as it should.

Last edited:

Mark G

Equipment
M7060
Sep 15, 2021
Louisiana
For what it is worth, here is a longshot. Check the fuel tank cap to make sure that the cap breathers are clear. To check this, try running with the cap loose. If it runs OK you have found the problem. A clogged cap vent will eventuallt create a vacuum in the tank, and the will not flow out as it should.
I will check that as well. I appreciate all the comments. As we all know support from dealers and equipment manufacturers is a thing of the past!