Kubota BX23s problems

Aussie Steve

Equipment
BX 23 s . 2018
Sep 3, 2021
Australia
Hi , my BX23S 2018 has a 4 in 1 bucket that has torn away from where the hydraulic cylinder ram is attached to the back of the bucket.
Is this a common problem.
Also leaking right rear axle oil seal.
Diff lock hard to ingage.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Steve

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your machine.

The only way that bucket broke at the mating point would be a bad weld - or bucket hit something rather quickly while backing up!

IF you have a picture - that would help us see what "may" have happened.

Leaking oil seal - may be as simple as the seal replacement itself - WSM will explain how to do that.

AS for the Diffy lock - sometimes you need to nudge the HST peddle to engage the lock - a small tire movement is needed to help the pin inside the differential to slide into the hole. Never allow the tractor to be spinning quickly while trying to engage - just a little nudge!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I agreewith 85Hokie...
bad weld. it'd only be a matter of time and use, before it'll break
seal,some kind of small,sharp 'grit' got into seal
difflock,heard if you turn while moving(very slowly), it'll help lock the dogs into the holes. Think nonsychronised tranny gears,you need to go slow to get them to mesh without 'grinding' them.

I'd like a 4in1 bucket, sounds like they're standard downunder,bet they're $$$$ here in Canada,IF available.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
X2 on the differential lock while turning slowly.. learned that on here too and it works good. Sometimes you just gotta be patient and you'll get use to it.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I answered a 4 in 1 bucket question a few weeks ago, and wondered why Kubota didn't offer them in the states. I did find that Land Pride has one available for the BX, but the cost was a little north of 3K. Convinced me that I could live without it.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Hi , my BX23S 2018 has a 4 in 1 bucket that has torn away from where the hydraulic cylinder ram is attached to the back of the bucket.
Is this a common problem.
Also leaking right rear axle oil seal.
Diff lock hard to ingage.
Where are you located in OZ?
Im on the Sunshine Coast QLD

The 4in1 bucket we get is an OEM Kubota bucket not a land pride one.
It weighs in at 82Kg which i think is less than the LP one
Its rare to see a machine without a 4in1 here

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is probably locally sourced, and a Kubota label installed as it rolls out the door. Just like the Kubota snow blowers are manufactured in Canada for Kubota by an independent vendor that also makes them for other companies. That is probably why Kubota bought Land Pride, so they would continue to have a steady source of products for their tractors.