New Paint...

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I use the paint from Kubota. It is the bright orange, and of course is a perfect match.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
OK so where do people get there paint from for touching up? what is the current orange? anyone got a code?
Rustoleum Farm Orange has worked for me. Tractor Supply has a Farm Orange that also seems to match.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I’ve been getting this at Tractor Supply. I used to get a Rustoleum paint there, but they haven’t had it lately.

image.jpg

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
RCW, … I found that brand, Majic, …to be slow-to-dry… and fast-to-fade.** It is Not Nearly as good as Rustoleum rattle-can “Kubota Orange”. My local TSC has a good supply of both and I have found TSC stores are highly variable on supply issues primarily due to the individual store Managers.

BTW, Amazon sells it if your local TSC can’t get their act together: https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-RUSTOLEUM-280142-Kubota-Implement/dp/B079H4B16J/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1RQFUCM6OS1I1&dchild=1&keywords=rustoleum+kubota+orange+spray+paint&qid=1627739483&sprefix=rustoleum+kubota+orange+,aps,382&sr=8-2

**I prepared a propane tank for modification into a diesel fuel tank. The local TSC was short on Rustoleum so I bought 4 cans of that cheaper “Majic” and painted the tank. It took 24 hrs for it to completely dry/harden (while Rustoleum usually takes only an hour). Three weeks later sitting in the sun… it had completely lost its gloss and now two years later it is chalky and dry. Very disappointing.
I will ”live” with it only because I don’t have the inclination to stip-and-paint a fuel tank. I tried a “shot” of Rustoleum on-top of it in a spot…and the difference between those paints is stark.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geo - - correct, it does take a while to dry. Haven't had fading problems yet, but I do prefer the Rustoleum product. Just haven't been able to get it locally.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
OK so where do people get there paint from for touching up? what is the current orange? anyone got a code?
I painted my L3250 with factory paint (Orange II) but ran out - so I finished it with rattle cans of Rust-Oleum "Lobster Red" which matched very well. Rust-Oleum's current Kubota Orange is
probably a safe bet for decent touch-up.

rustoleum kubota orange pic.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I use Chevrolet Engine Orange by Bill Hirsch Auto. (https://www.hirschauto.com/Engine-Enamels/departments/2/ ) It dries in a reasonable time, and once dried, it is extremely durable, and not effected by oil or other chemicals. Any paint when exposed constantly to the UV rays of the sun are going to fail eventually, unless you put on a protective coating of UV resistant protectant ceramic coating such as Adams (available from Amazon)( https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Cerami...nt Coating is,even in the harshest conditions. ) It is expensive, however, it will also protect your tractors paint from scratching as you move through the woods, unless you brush up against an immovable object such as a rock or tree. Kubota uses powder coating on all their tractors and implements today, and if you damage the coating enough to reach the bare metal underneath, you must repair it immediately or you run the risk of having water intrusion under the powder coating, which will lead to rusting under the powder coating breaking the bond to the metal, an ultimately it will start pealing off.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I painted my L3250 with factory paint (Orange II) but ran out - so I finished it with rattle cans of Rust-Oleum "Lobster Red" which matched very well. Rust-Oleum's current Kubota Orange is probably a safe bet for decent touch-up.
Yes - - I've used Lobster Red and Chevy Engine Red-Orange like Dusty also....both worked well.