L305 Hydraulic adaptor Plate

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
Good morning all.
I am in the need for a hydraulic adaptor plate for My L305DT. My front pump shaft broke for my hydraulics and I want to eliminate that system and go with using the tractor Hydraulics. I know this plate is rarely available anywhere. I would love to just have pictures of one. That way i could make one. it seems pretty straight forward but would still like to see the block. Just so we are clear it is the block that replaces the one in yellow. I am a machinist by trade so I do not think I will have an issue making one. Does anyone have any pictures of one from all sides? Or better yet, does anyone have one they no longer need?

Thanks in advance,

Steven
1626876124600.png

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
Suggest you contact forum member rbargeron.

He is very knowledgeable on the old L series hydraulics.

Recently he helped a lady with a L335 install a post driver.

Read this thread.

rbargeron post driver

Dave
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I can see the measurements and how the inside of that system works I can make myself a plate. (assuming I cannot find one)
I really love my Little tractor. it is the perfect size for the work around the farm. It is only lacking remote hydraulics so I can pull some of the old farm implements I have.

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
Now to figure out how to convert it over from the pump to the tractor. Surely it isn't as easy as unhooking the front pump lines and replacing them with the tractor lines. There has to be a catch

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Now to figure out how to convert it over from the pump to the tractor. Surely it isn't as easy as unhooking the front pump lines and replacing them with the tractor lines. There has to be a catch
Ideally your loader valve can be fitted with a power beyond adapter. (sleeve or plug depending upon manufacturer)

Do some research on the loader valve you have regarding power beyond.

Re-read the post driver post. Most answers to your questions are in it.

Dave

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Good morning all.
I am in the need for a hydraulic adaptor plate for My L305DT. My front pump shaft broke for my hydraulics and I want to eliminate that system and go with using the tractor Hydraulics. I know this plate is rarely available anywhere. I would love to just have pictures of one. That way i could make one. it seems pretty straight forward but would still like to see the block. Just so we are clear it is the block that replaces the one in yellow. I am a machinist by trade so I do not think I will have an issue making one. Does anyone have any pictures of one from all sides? Or better yet, does anyone have one they no longer need?

Thanks in advance,

Steven
View attachment 63421
You could make one by copying most of the 4-bolt cap on the machine now.

The original block in YELLOW sends oil from one hole to the other with no other flow paths.

To eliminate the external pump, take off the 4-bolt cap and make a replacement that duplicates the mounting holes and separates the two passages under it, connecting them instead to the supply and return ports of the loader valve. The forward hole is supply, the back one is return.

Last edited:

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
You could "make one" from the one you have.

The original block in YELLOW sends oil from one hole to the other with no other flow paths.

When a loader is added to a tractor (either internal hyd or external pump & tank) the yellow block is replaced by a block that separates the two ports and connects them to supply and return ports of the loader valve instead.

There are two versions of the block, depending on whether the loader valve is set up for 6 or 7 hoses. Does yours have six or does it have seven?

It has 6 hoses

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
It has 6 hoses
Great - see the last paragraph of edited post #7 above. Its the six-hose answer.

Are you convinced the external system is toast?

Keep in mind by eliminating the external pump and you could have less loader performance. Strength won't change but speed might - the L305 uses internal hydraulics for the power steering too, even including a priority valve for it. The early L's had pretty small pumps - the external option improved loader performance, reducing demand on the internal system.

Maybe you could post a picture of the broken pump shaft?

Last edited:

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
You could "make one" from the one you have.

To eliminate the external pump, take off the 4-bolt cap and make a replacement that duplicates the mounting holes and separates the two passages under it, connecting them instead to the supply and return ports of the loader valve.

Thank you!!! I ordered the aluminum today should be here Friday. Plan on making it this weekend. If it works well I may make more. I know others will need or want one sometime.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Other forum members had reservations in another thread about connecting a loader valve's RETURN hose to the hydraulic block to power the 3-pt hitch. But Kubota L3xx models used this arrangement for years. The L1720 loader was supplied with a Cross BA valve and the aluminum block for use with the internal hydraulics. (K's parts page attached)

As more older L3xx machines get resurrected by new owners, this subject will come up again - maybe you can post your block manufacture experience for others. Take care, Dick B

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
Great - see the last paragraph of edited post #7 above. Its the six-hose answer.

Are you convinced the external system is toast?

Keep in mind by eliminating the external pump and you could have less loader performance. Strength won't change but speed might - the L305 uses internal hydraulics for the power steering too, even including a priority valve for it. The early L's had pretty small pumps - the external option improved loader performance, reducing demand on the system.

Maybe you could post a picture of the broken pump shaft?
When I get it apart this weekend I’ll take pics. This loader is used for small jobs and what not. Pretty handy!

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
Sorry, it has taken me so long to thank you all for the help and advice. The block I made works well and the loader also does. Even though the loader does not operate as fast as it did it is still as powerful.

The block is easy to make and does not require any special tools or knowledge to make it. I simply took the steel plate off the tractor and clamped it to the piece of aluminum to transfer the bolt-hole pattern. I then used a set of calipers to measure and scribe the layout lines for the hydraulic ports. It took me less than an hour from start to finish. I still need to make up some hard lines for the hydraulics but for now, the hoses work just fine.

Again thank you all for the help!!!!
Regards,
Steven

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Nice to see your rig is working as you wanted. Even if it's a bit slower, switching to the machine's internal system your hydraulics should be more problem-free. Reported failures of the original front pump shaft's connection to the engine seem to be on the rise as these machines age. (oddly, something similar is happening to us older tractor owners :rolleyes: ) Dick B

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Okuma2540

Equipment
L305DT
Mar 3, 2018
Attica, IN
Nice to see your rig is working as you wanted. Even if it's a bit slower, switching to the machine's internal system your hydraulics should be more problem-free. Reported failures of the original front pump shaft's connection to the engine seem to be on the rise as these machines age. (oddly, something similar is happening to us older tractor owners :rolleyes: ) Dick B
It maybe slower but it operates a lot smoother than before. No jerking or anything when I move the controls.
The old pump is good. I may put it up for sale since I’ll never use it again. Someone may need it.