What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Ditto sorry for your loss Bmyers.
Sorry about the loss of a loved pet. It takes a ton of compassion to be the person you have to be when they suffer....so tough.....strong work Sir.
Great memories to have for the rest of your life.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Mowed the ditch after pulling the darn buried utility flags out of the tall grass. They were put in about a month ago and hadn't been removed after the one utility had finished its work. Apparently, I missed one flag that must have really been hiding in the tallest grass or had been knocked down for some reason. Spent a few hours later fixing the front tire that had a chunk of the wire stem stuck through it. I'd guess the mower must have cut it and sent the chunk flying forward for it to have pierced the tire right between the knobs on the turf tire. From now on I'm pulling those flags one minute after they hit their 2 week time limit. The little manual tire changer has paid for itself many times over the years!
IMG_E5994 (2).JPG IMG_E5997 (2).JPG IMG_E6016 (2).JPG

Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Soil Line replacement with power mole.

Deep dig unfortunately.

Glocester 1.JPG

Power Mole pulling new pipe while splitting old one...

Gloucester 2.JPG

Pipe splitting and new pipe pulled. See the three blades splitting the old PVC soil line...

Gloucester 3.JPG

Then things took a turn for the worse. While backfilling, the skies opened up with lightening, pouring rain and hail. Then, to top off a 13 hour day, the truck ran out of fuel 1.5 miles from my destination. Had to read the owners manual in the dark to re-prime the pump. Long, hot and eventually muddy day but OK with me.

Gloucester 4.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
This years tree seedlings showed up. Busy scarifying areas to plant the 40 new comers and scratch a 1/4 acre area for natural regeneration.
After losing hundreds of spruce to bark beetle I’ve been planting trees every year.
Hope to grab some apples before too long. Hope the next land owners appreciate the trees.

Reactions: 1 users

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Soil Line replacement with power mole.

Deep dig unfortunately.

View attachment 62738

Power Mole pulling new pipe while splitting old one...

View attachment 62739

Pipe splitting and new pipe pulled. See the three blades splitting the old PVC soil line...

View attachment 62740

Then things took a turn for the worse. While backfilling, the skies opened up with lightening, pouring rain and hail. Then, to top off a 13 hour day, the truck ran out of fuel 1.5 miles from my destination. Had to read the owners manual in the dark to re-prime the pump. Long, hot and eventually muddy day but OK with me.

View attachment 62741
Wow that truck, trailer, and excavator look brand new. Nice equipment! Yeah it may have been a long day but you got to play with real Tonka Toys. Yep a good day!

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
The stump jumper and blades came off my bush hog, so the little beast got called into action again. Sure made it easy to put it back together.
IMG_1603.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Put the replacement Fimco sprayer on its skid and was all set to do some serious herbicide spraying. Good thing I checked the weather forecast. Sure enough thunderstorms rolled in shortly after this pix was taken. Hopefully will get some time in the next day or so - the weeds seem to love this weather!

sprayer and ballast box.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Put the replacement Fimco sprayer on its skid and was all set to do some serious herbicide spraying. Good thing I checked the weather forecast. Sure enough thunderstorms rolled in shortly after this pix was taken. Hopefully will get some time in the next day or so - the weeds seem to love this weather!

View attachment 62803
I finally got my tick spraying done on Saturday and a couple days without rain. Always the challenge. I don’t have a setup to do it with my Orange so I just strap it to my quad.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I finally got my tick spraying done on Saturday and a couple days without rain. Always the challenge. I don’t have a setup to do it with my Orange so I just strap it to my quad.
looks exactly like my Fimco unit. I hope your's had quality control better than mine :(
I just came in from 1st use - not going to rain until late this afternoon and I had some '1hr safe' herbicide.
I guess they forgot to tighten the hose clamp on the handle. Hose fell off and drenched me :(
When I finished I went to take off the hose cap on the drain and realized it had been leaking - even tho I checked / tightened it before I started. Turns out there is a flat side on the threads. Put some teflon tape on but have to come up with a permanent solution or return this one too.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
looks exactly like my Fimco unit. I hope your's had quality control better than mine :(
I just came in from 1st use - not going to rain until late this afternoon and I had some '1hr safe' herbicide.
I guess they forgot to tighten the hose clamp on the handle. Hose fell off and drenched me :(
When I finished I went to take off the hose cap on the drain and realized it had been leaking - even tho I checked / tightened it before I started. Turns out there is a flat side on the threads. Put some teflon tape on but have to come up with a permanent solution or return this one too.
I got mine from Northern Tool. Tightened everything out of the box and check it with water before the first use of the year to make sure nothing worked loose. I also disconnect the pump and drain out all the lines so I don’t have freezing issues in the winter. So far 3 yrs and no issues. I did have to put a new seal on the drain plug but a garden hose seal did the trick for me. My only complaint with this unit are the tie down straps they send with it. I junked them and went with some cheap ratchet straps that actually secure 25gal of moving liquid

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I got mine from Northern Tool. Tightened everything out of the box and check it with water before the first use of the year to make sure nothing worked loose. I also disconnect the pump and drain out all the lines so I don’t have freezing issues in the winter. So far 3 yrs and no issues. I did have to put a new seal on the drain plug but a garden hose seal did the trick for me. My only complaint with this unit are the tie down straps they send with it. I junked them and went with some cheap ratchet straps that actually secure 25gal of moving liquid
lol, you were obviously wiser than me :)

I also use ratchet straps to hold it to that skid - kind of a semi-permanent arrangement. I always thoroughly flush the sprayers when done and am lucky enough to have a garage door in our basement. Most of my implements that are driven by the pto and this sprayer will hibernate during winters there.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
lol, you were obviously wiser than me :)

I also use ratchet straps to hold it to that skid - kind of a semi-permanent arrangement. I always thoroughly flush the sprayers when done and am lucky enough to have a garage door in our basement. Most of my implements that are driven by the pto and this sprayer will hibernate during winters there.
I didn’t even thing to look elsewhere. There always seems to be a Northern Tool catalog floating around the house just tempting me. I would like to build a 3pt hauler I could attach the sprayer to and use the tractor. Much easier to steer at lower speeds than that quad. I ran a 12v connector up to my fender on the B3200 so I have power to run the pump. Just need to spend the time and money to get it built.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Had two plugs put in one of the front tires and putting the wheel back on.
20210708_184452.jpg 20210708_184456.jpg

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Project #2

20210708_191106.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Lost my socket to take off the blades. I'll sharpen and grease this weekend.

20210708_193413.jpg