Tektite cab on a BX2380?

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Can anyone confirm which model of Tektite you have on your BX and height to the tallest spot?

I see on their website they say 77", but I think there may have been different iterations of BX cabs?
I could be wrong on that...their website is a little thin on some info. (it doesn't even mention doors can come off, but I've seen some videos where folks have removed their doors for hot summer days)
(and my local dealer
has one for a BX, but they don't know which model it is...at least not at this moment...it's all shrinkwrapped up and they don't really want to unwrap it)

I have exactly 78" to work with--max.

I'd be interested in buying one, but they're not cheap and there is no getting around the 78" maximum height for my tractor with turf tires as it has to go in my built-in garage under the house....and no, I can't raise the door any more ;-)

Anyone have some info on the Tektite cabs and later BX's they could share please?

Thanks! - Mike

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I really wish I could say, but there are no local dealers, and Tektite wouldn't sell me one directly. I tried for months to get one, but couldn't.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
found this on their website..... first page...
CAB PART NUMBER – KuB2320-19

• Overall cab height with standard tires 83 1/2″ (2121 mm)
  • Cab shipping weight 425 lbs (194 kg)
  • Cab install time 4 hours
  • Also available in 80″ steel top version for height restricted areas!
they show it on a BX2320, I'm assuming it's a 'sister' to your tractor ?

..so I think you're out of luck...
but... after a few minutes I finally found the 'search for a cab' window....they have your model.
you might be ok.. I wonder if tire type change overall height ?

As for your garage door, have you got it rolled all the way up? Do you have the 'low clearance' tracks ? I'll measure my opening , and my modified ROPS.

Last edited:

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
found this on their website..... first page...
CAB PART NUMBER – KuB2320-19

• Overall cab height with standard tires 83 1/2″ (2121 mm)
  • Cab shipping weight 425 lbs (194 kg)
  • Cab install time 4 hours
  • Also available in 80″ steel top version for height restricted areas!
they show it on a BX2320, I'm assuming it's a 'sister' to your tractor ?

..so I think you're out of luck...
but... after a few minutes I finally found the 'search for a cab' window....they have your model.
you might be ok.. I wonder if tire type change overall height ?

As for your garage door, have you got it rolled all the way up? Do you have the 'low clearance' tracks ? I'll measure my opening , and my modified ROPS.
This is the page I'm looking at:
BX80 cab

Specifications:
CAB PART NUMBER – KUBX80-01

• Overall height when mounted 77″
  • Cab shipping weight 400 lbs
  • Mounting time 3 hours
  • Parts Pricing in Price specifications on bottom of page

But I don't know if the "KUBX80-01" is what the dealer has in stock, nor if a different model is "taller".
Can't do anything more with the garage door. There is no more "house" left to go any higher. That's the way it is and yes, door all the way up. ;-)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
OK, I have to ask WHY is the garage door soooo short ??? I have a std 7' door, so opening is 84" less track/door considerations.... my BX23S is 80" tall

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
I had a garage door 'under my house' and it was normal 7', house built in '55. It just seems odd to have such a short doorway 78" = 6'6, so I'd be ducking.....

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I had a garage door 'under my house' and it was normal 7', house built in '55. It just seems odd to have such a short doorway 78" = 6'6, so I'd be ducking.....
Let it go,. I am not lying about the height of my garage door and my questions are honest.

This is OTT, not "why is your house like that(?) talks" ;-)

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
I asked since the garage door installer used a 'low clearance' style of rail system NOT the normal one you get from the bigbox stores. That gained me 3" and allowed for a GDO to be installed,,something that the 1st GD tech never offered. Price was the same, BTW.
I thought it might have been an option to gain you some clearance

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Thanks GVJay. No, there is no more room to be gained unfortunately. This is just the way it is.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
sigh, that's a bummer... then I ain't got no more rabbits in my hat for you...
although.... if you raised the entire house up a couple of blocks....:)
hay I did that to my 8x16 garden shed..solved a 'minor' water problem...

Tigercub

Equipment
bx23s
Dec 6, 2020
Ontario
Can anyone confirm which model of Tektite you have on your BX and height to the tallest spot?

I see on their website they say 77", but I think there may have been different iterations of BX cabs?
I could be wrong on that...their website is a little thin on some info. (it doesn't even mention doors can come off, but I've seen some videos where folks have removed their doors for hot summer days)
(and my local dealer
has one for a BX, but they don't know which model it is...at least not at this moment...it's all shrinkwrapped up and they don't really want to unwrap it)

I have exactly 78" to work with--max.

I'd be interested in buying one, but they're not cheap and there is no getting around the 78" maximum height for my tractor with turf tires as it has to go in my built-in garage under the house....and no, I can't raise the door any more ;-)

Anyone have some info on the Tektite cabs and later BX's they could share please?

Thanks! - Mike
I have a TEKTITE cab on my BX23S and will go in my garage with a few inches to spare....I will measure and check model number tomorow

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Awesome. Thank you very much. If you could...to the tallest spot on the cab.
Love to see a photo of it too, if you were so inclined to share.
Please let us know what tires you run as well.
Cheers from the eye of (post?) Tropical Storm Elsa.

Tigercub

Equipment
bx23s
Dec 6, 2020
Ontario
Awesome. Thank you very much. If you could...to the tallest spot on the cab.
Love to see a photo of it too, if you were so inclined to share.
Please let us know what tires you run as well.
Cheers from the eye of (post?) Tropical Storm Elsa.
OK, no problem....

Mine is a 2018 Bx 23s model with Industrial tires.

The height of the complete machine as she sits is 82 and 1/2 inches
The total height of my standard garage door opening is .......83 inches

There is a weatherstrip that hangs down and although I have never witnessed it, I assume that the top of the cab rubs the weatherstrip as I pass by.

Nice cab made in NorthAmerica (Canada)

The cab doesnt seem to have a "Model" number but there is a "serial" number , it is KUBX-393

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
tigercub,

I appreciate you taking the time. Since I am a tractor newb, I am not sure if a:
BX23s sits higher than a BX2380
and/or Industrial tires are taller than Turfs
and/or your model -(a couple years old?) is taller than the current KUBX80-01 model seen on their website.
Does yours look exactly like this?

Let's see if this cut n' paste works, otherwise I will edit my post an "attach" an image from their website.

Attachments

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Tektite's website shows cabs for standard tractors are far different than cabs for tractors with backhoes. This is evident in both the pictures they post and the specs they give.

So unless your comparing exact models, any measurements really don't mean much.

Last edited:

Tigercub

Equipment
bx23s
Dec 6, 2020
Ontario
tigercub,

I appreciate you taking the time. Since I am a tractor newb, I am not sure if a:
BX23s sits higher than a BX2380
and/or Industrial tires are taller than Turfs
and/or your model -(a couple years old?) is taller than the current KUBX80-01 model seen on their website.
Does yours look exactly like this?

Let's see if this cut n' paste works, otherwise I will edit my post an "attach" an image from their website.
IC, Yes mine in different due to the Backhoe

I think Tektite designs so that you can fit either in a standard garage opening

2017 Kubota 23s.jpg

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
ahhhhhhhhhhh, very good. I had missed that. Thanks for chiming in fellas.

Back to researching.

Cheers