L3130 : Front tire won't release any air

hendr1x

Equipment
L3130
Jan 21, 2021
New England, US
Hello everyone,
I went to check the tire pressure on the front tire of my L3130 and it won't read anything. A screwdrive pushed down the valve doesn't nothing either.

I've never had to deal with this. Any pointers? I'm assuming that i have to change the valve core but I'm not sure what tool/replacement part I need. I'm hoping this is pretty easy...no need to dismount the tire or anything like that.

Pic attached of valve. Thanks for any help

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If pushing the valve stem does not release air - removing it is very easy.
This is a tool that will do it
1624567275262.png

Walmart has these - and any local auto repair will have them also. Less than 5 bucks.

NOW if for some reason - you remove the valve core and still no air comes out, one of two things are happening.......

either the tire has been filled with foam,
or it has slime or something inside that is plugging up the works.

Go and get one of these and report back your findings.

Reactions: 1 users

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If it is a defective valve core there is no need to remove the tire. The tool used to remove the old one will release all the air. Cores are pretty standard so the same tool used to remove the old one can be used to install a new one.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
If the tractor is second hand the previous owner may have filled the tire with slime sealant to address a slow leak. As others have mentioned remove the valve stem core and see if it is still plugged if not replace the core and all is good. If it is still plugged after removing the core, you may need to open the obstruction and then replace the core.

Good luck!

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I am a (tractor) newbie, so take this with a grain of salt, but if you have no idea if your tires are "filled" or not, you may wish to orient the valve stem @ the 12 o'clock position in case when you take the core out, some jam that's going on releases and you suddenly are inundated with 50 gallons of water or w/washer fluid, beet juice, calcium chro-whatever. etc. on top of you and your shop/yard/driveway.

Reactions: 1 user