Extend trailer parking area near shed

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I had an excavator company create a level area around my shed a few years ago. Now, I’d like to make it a little larger to park mostly empty trailers and my driftboat. I suppose it’s possible something heavier could park there eventually.

I’m having an issue finding the right terms to use to find useful information. I expect that at most there would be 5-6 ft of difference in slope to fill in and level. I have a tractor which I know isn’t the best tool, but still, it should work to move dirt and larger rocks there from one part of my property to raise that area.

Any examples or terms to use and or other information or advice would be great. Of course, I could call the excavator, but they are super busy.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
A drawing or pictures would be helpful. "5-6 foot of difference in slope and level" sounds like you're on the side hill, pending length and width, it will require a lot of fill. With that elevation difference I believe you'll need muck some of what's there so as to tie the new fill so it doesn't slide down the hill. I may also require some type of retainer wall. I'd call the man to insure that what's placed stays there. As always do as you feel is best

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
A few questions

How long and wide is the area?
What is already there?

You say a 5 or 6 foot slope, in how log a distance?

As stated above you might need a retaining wall etc.

A tractor will get the job done no problem.

Terms
Fill dirt
Gravel
Retaining wall ie Rocks, rail road ties, block etc
1/4 minus for the top or 3/4 for the top (rocks)

Cubic yards to figure out how much material you will need

A picture or drawing would help us help you.

Mike

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Had 5 tandem loads of free fill dropped off last week to make a smoother ''ramp' for neighbours access to the back 10 acres of corn. So maybe 75-85 cubic yards of material. The BX23S did a fine job of moving the fill, 'here and there' ,as required, trucks couldn't 'dump and run',so I moved inbetween their arrivals.
After 3-4 days, I graded with D-14 and rear blade. It's a lot better, will 'finish' grade in 1-2 weeks.
As others have said pictures and numbers will help !!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I had an excavator company create a level area around my shed a few years ago. Now, I’d like to make it a little larger to park mostly empty trailers and my driftboat. I suppose it’s possible something heavier could park there eventually.

I’m having an issue finding the right terms to use to find useful information. I expect that at most there would be 5-6 ft of difference in slope to fill in and level. I have a tractor which I know isn’t the best tool, but still, it should work to move dirt and larger rocks there from one part of my property to raise that area.

Any examples or terms to use and or other information or advice would be great. Of course, I could call the excavator, but they are super busy.
I just did that exact job. I had a local company deliver tandem loads of fill dirt ($90 per load) and i spread and graded with the loader. Mine took 7 loads - does not look like you have nearly as large an area. Should be a piece of cake.

Dan

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user