Tractor Dump Trailer Just Arrived

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I've got many plans this year for clearing a few areas and also for tidying up many downed trees. In an effort to be more efficient I invested in a small farm dump trailer to fit on the rear drawbar of my tractors. This is a 2 Ton trailer that the manufacturer says is really capable of at least 3 Ton. I ordered it in an 8' x 5' single axle, they are also available in 6' length and / or with 4 wheels. Empty weight is around 700 lbs for my 8' long with single axle. I'll probably remove the tailgate for most of my woodland use and will add wooden side boards so I can load it full of roots or timber, looking forward to a fast empty using the rear hydraulic remotes on my tractor, main use will be on my L3200 and L3901. Most of my loading will be by grapple or by hand when I can get it deep into the woodland areas where I'm working.

Just need to get the weather to cooperate a little so I can get out to start my work.

Unlike the road dump trailers this just has a cylinder and 2 hoses, wheels sit under the dump bed.
Dump Trailer.jpg

Trailer is just about the smallest one made by Berkelmans Welding who manufacture from 2 ton to 20 ton farm dump models.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Nice trailer, look forward to hearing how it works.

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Pretty cool, can't wait for a working review.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
That is really cool my fellow Michigander! Please post some pics of it in action. How does the price compare to on-road dump trailers? I just bought a 5’x10’ and paid $5,195 for it. I could see a reason to have both. Have to talk to finance about that :unsure:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I've got many plans this year for clearing a few areas and also for tidying up many downed trees. In an effort to be more efficient I invested in a small farm dump trailer to fit on the rear drawbar of my tractors. This is a 2 Ton trailer that the manufacturer says is really capable of at least 3 Ton. I ordered it in an 8' x 5' single axle, they are also available in 6' length and / or with 4 wheels. Empty weight is around 700 lbs for my 8' long with single axle. I'll probably remove the tailgate for most of my woodland use and will add wooden side boards so I can load it full of roots or timber, looking forward to a fast empty using the rear hydraulic remotes on my tractor, main use will be on my L3200 and L3901. Most of my loading will be by grapple or by hand when I can get it deep into the woodland areas where I'm working.

Just need to get the weather to cooperate a little so I can get out to start my work.

Unlike the road dump trailers this just has a cylinder and 2 hoses, wheels sit under the dump bed. View attachment 53944

Trailer is just about the smallest one made by Berkelmans Welding who manufacture from 2 ton to 20 ton dump models.
Very nice dump trailer!

At first look I thought that with the axle that far back, you would have a lot of tongue weight if loaded fully, but then I realized you will be pulling it with your tractors, and it is not meant to be an on road, highway-speed trailer.

I am sure you will love having that trailer! I know having a 5x8 sure worked well for me when I was digging and moving dirt around my property. Mine is road licensed so I can use it for other things off the property as well. But that use has always been minimal compared to use ON the property.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Very nice dump trailer!

At first look I thought that with the axle that far back, you would have a lot of tongue weight if loaded fully, but then I realized you will be pulling it with your tractors, and it is not meant to be an on road, highway-speed trailer.

I am sure you will love having that trailer! I know having a 5x8 sure worked well for me when I was digging and moving dirt around my property. Mine is road licensed so I can use it for other things off the property as well. But that use has always been minimal compared to use ON the property.
Henro,
My need is all on property with 350 acres of mainly woodland to manage. Several factors were important, ground clearance to get over rough ground, minimal width with wheels under the dump bed, trailer is roughly same width as tractor, important when traveling narrow wooded paths and tracks. I often have to travel nearly a mile to get to open ground where I can burn roots and brush, trailer will greatly help, I’ve been using a similar sized high sided utility trailer but it lacks ground clearance, wheels stick out and hit trees and when I get to where I’m going I have to unload it. Looking forward to the dump feature to save time and effort.

It may get a little use with sand and stone to support a couple of track improvement projects.

I was worried about tilt of the trailer relative to the clevis mount on the tractor drawbar. This is the first tractor drawbar trailer I have ever purchased, I did not realize that the clevis mount swivels / rotates on the trailer hitch end so the tractor and trailer can have totally different camber in off road use. I am always learning however that totally solves that worry.

Last edited:

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
More pictures and specs please.
Trailers.JPG

2 Ton Dump Trailers

6ft. or 8ft long 5ft. wide inside dimensions.
64” x 84” long without hitch, Removable hitch is 42” long.
2ft. front, 1ft. sides with pockets for extensions and 24” tailgate.
60 cubic foot box.
Self locking and unlocking tailgate.( We no longer stock the barn door tailgate but can be special ordered.)
2 pins to remove tailgate.
10 gage floor and sides.
10 gage front and tailgate.
Side heigth without board extensions is 41”
Removable hitch.
16” x 3” hydraulic cylinder 5000 dump capacity.
3000 lb drop leg jack
Removable trailer Jack
Trailer weighs approx 700 lbs.
12” Track Chief 8 ply tires on 5 bolt spindles. Tires are 26” tall x 12” wide.
Optional 12 volt pump
Choice of colors, Kubota Orange, JD Green or International Red
Trailer weighs 700 lbs.

Here is a 6' long one in action:

Reactions: 2 users

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Their video is sorta interesting...the tractor has the ROPS down...they tow/drive it while dumping....and then fill it while not tied to anything or the tractor...

not much in the way of safety going on there!

having watched a guy flip a tractor and dump trailer doing what they show...sorta thought better with my dump trailer.

oh well...to each their own.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Are hydraulic remotes on tractors "standardized" with regards to output/flow. I understand the notion of high flow as it pertains to skid loaders. Need one be concerned about the flow if buying a tractor implement/trailer ? Thanks.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hydraulics aren't 'standardized'... everyone has different flow,volume and pressure. pressure is a big issue. My remotes are 3500PSI.Also a concern is if someone borrows youre trailer.... they're oil will be in the cylinder/lines and contaminate YOUR tractor's oil.Not too sure what'll hppen if SAE30 gets mixed with UDT.......

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Are hydraulic remotes on tractors "standardized" with regards to output/flow. I understand the notion of high flow as it pertains to skid loaders. Need one be concerned about the flow if buying a tractor implement/trailer ? Thanks.
There are some differences in flow and pressure between models, however most attachments just have hydraulic cylinders, rear remotes generally work the same. The issue comes if you need a certain flow to drive a hydraulic motor, things become more complex. Most skid steer attachments that have hydraulic motors are in most cases not suitable for compact tractor use.

If you have rear remotes on your tractor you can operate a hydraulic dump trailer, top link or any other attachment with a hydraulic cylinder.

Last edited:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Great lookng trailer . Looking forward to hearing how well it works out on the property.

Reactions: 1 user

BA76

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400 Tractor, RB3784 Rear Blade, RCF2072 Brush Mower, FDR1672 Finish Mower
Dec 21, 2020
Illinois
That’s a really nice looking trailer! I can see it being capable of doing a lot of work. Don’t forget to date it. Lol! I put the purchase date on everything I buy. My kids make fun of me, but those dates have come in handy.

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
Nice trailer! I don’t see any prices on there website, unless I am over looking it. I guess you have to call

firutaarnold

Aug 1, 2022
USA Buffalo
Thank you for sharing this useful info about the trailer model you bought. Where do you order this model? This one looks pretty small and not durable. Do they offer delivery, or do you need to go and buy it in the shop?
I cannot believe that this model can do the job you described. To be honest, in my eyes, this trailer looks too small, especially if you were planning to gather lumber and other heavy stuff. I remember when I hired a dumpster https://www.dumpsterrentalslafayette.com/ company to clean my area from fallen trees, they got a heavy trailer with massive lifts. Anyway, I'm glad that this model is working well.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I bought a 10'x5' PJ dump trailer last year to pull behind either tractor as well as for trips to the local landfill. I installed a remote control so that I don't need to run the control cable to the cab. Here it is behind the MX6000 that I sold this year.

pj_10x5_09.jpg

mx_pj_02.jpg

Reactions: 1 users