Hydraulic filter / HST filter - the same?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I am going over the new to me L3800 I recently acquired. Even tho it only had 264 hrs on the clock and the oil filter has 262 written on it I am in the process of doing a complete filter / fluid replacement.
The manual refers to these two filters but I can tell if they are the same model filter or different. I ordered several hydraulic filters from Coleman but am wondering if the HST filter is different :(

Anybody?

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Yup agree with Dav but is it a HST or gear drive? I buy off eBay normally you can find OEM Kubota dealers selling complete filter kits. Only one not included is the inner air filter this is a option I highly recommend. My opinion is only Kubota brand filters and super udt2. Yes the udt2 is 103.00 plus tax at my local dealer for 5 gallons but it is cheap insurance on that expensive machine.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Thanks for the replies. Sorry I do have HST. I did order in a 'kit' and it included the inner filter. My manual tho doesn't say anything about an inner filter. It does look like it will slide inside the larger one. I didn't put it in because it wasn't mentioned in the manual.

Thank you very much for the filter numbers. My last tractor, an L3400HST, I only put on about 24 hours/yr for 10 years. Based on that I won't need many hst or hydraulic filters but will probably change them every couple of years.

From what I have read sudt2 really is the fluid to use and I have enough for a complete change. Not knowing what maintenance was done before I purchased this tractor I look at it as cheap insurance to do the work / and fun :)

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I am going over the new to me L3800 I recently acquired. Even tho it only had 264 hrs on the clock and the oil filter has 262 written on it I am in the process of doing a complete filter / fluid replacement.
The manual refers to these two filters but I can tell if they are the same model filter or different. I ordered several hydraulic filters from Coleman but am wondering if the HST filter is different :(

Anybody?
Here is the filter chart for your L3800HST.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user