L235 Wheels Rebuild

Wetlander

Equipment
M8540, L235, L185,
Dec 22, 2014
Bell City, LA, USA
Back Story, I picked up a 1982 Kubota L235 for FREE!! Had some hydraulic issues and needed a little TLC. I got it running and hydraulics working for nearly $0. Well the front rims were in bad shape due to the tractor sitting in a wet area on flats for years. I called around looking for wheels wanting to stay with Kubota original parts but the price tag was a little to steep, especially since I had gotten the tractor for free. I did some research and found some blank rims from miller tire (great place I highly recommend). I had to cut out the centers of my old rims and weld them onto the blanks. I'm excited to share my work with you fellas. All in all it cost me about $250. That's rims, tires, and paint. I did all the welding and fabricating myself with the help of a friend.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Very nice! You should consider starting a side business. :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Back Story, I picked up a 1982 Kubota L235 for FREE!! Had some hydraulic issues and needed a little TLC. I got it running and hydraulics working for nearly $0. Well the front rims were in bad shape due to the tractor sitting in a wet area on flats for years. I called around looking for wheels wanting to stay with Kubota original parts but the price tag was a little to steep, especially since I had gotten the tractor for free. I did some research and found some blank rims from miller tire (great place I highly recommend). I had to cut out the centers of my old rims and weld them onto the blanks. I'm excited to share my work with you fellas. All in all it cost me about $250. That's rims, tires, and paint. I did all the welding and fabricating myself with the help of a friend.

That works, good job....