Quick Disconnect Drip?

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

I recently installed a Summit third function kit on my BX. I haven’t actually had any implants hooked up to the third function kit, but I have briefly operated the buttons on the loader joystick. Tonight I noticed that the male coupler had a slight drip...wouldn’t call it a leak, but a drip. These are “ag” style couplers and was wondering if this was normal for these.

I was thinking that if so, I may have a short section of hose made up to complete the hydraulic loop rather than leave the disconnects capped...at least until I get a grapple 🙂

Thanks for any help!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Put a male end on one hose and a female end on the other. Do the same when you get the grapple. It is an easy way to make sure the hoses are connected correctly. You also can connect the ends together to keep them clean. If they are connected together there will be no leak detected.

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I've no experience in this area but have seen others suggest connecting and disconnecting from the quick disconnect to stop a slow leak or drip.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Welcome to tractor ownership. A lot of owners would be thrilled only to have a sing drip. Keep your connectors clean and dust caps on and keep the drip to a minimum.

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
Hi-

I recently installed a Summit third function kit on my BX. I haven’t actually had any implants hooked up to the third function kit, but I have briefly operated the buttons on the loader joystick. Tonight I noticed that the male coupler had a slight drip...wouldn’t call it a leak, but a drip. These are “ag” style couplers and was wondering if this was normal for these.

I was thinking that if so, I may have a short section of hose made up to complete the hydraulic loop rather than leave the disconnects capped...at least until I get a grapple 🙂

Thanks for any help!
I have a L2501 and am adding a 3rd function (my own design) and will likely skip the quick connect couplings and plumb direct to my valving. Maybe I am not thinking of why one would remove the FEL on a L series, and maybe it seems like a dumb question but why would you ever want to remove it? With no mid PTO I can't see a reason to ever remove mine. All of the off the shelf kits have QD both at the valve and near the bucket. I only see a need near the bucket for QD. Is there something I am forgetting or not thinking of? Any insight is appreciated.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Speaking of quick connects... has anyone ever seen an o-ring come out of the tip of a connector? I saw part of this sticking out the tip of the connector, so i depressed the nipple and pulled it out. I have a spare connector in case i should change this tip out, I have not used the grapple since it came out.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Those are Pioneer and I have that issue quite often. I keep an assortment of O rings just for that.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have a L2501 and am adding a 3rd function (my own design) and will likely skip the quick connect couplings and plumb direct to my valving. Maybe I am not thinking of why one would remove the FEL on a L series, and maybe it seems like a dumb question but why would you ever want to remove it? With no mid PTO I can't see a reason to ever remove mine. All of the off the shelf kits have QD both at the valve and near the bucket. I only see a need near the bucket for QD. Is there something I am forgetting or not thinking of? Any insight is appreciated.
I take the loader off my L4701 to bushog three specific areas where we have numerous trees that make it VERY tight. If I could just take the bucket off and that be sufficient I would but I really need all the clearance I can get. I could have gone with a smaller tractor but some other jobs I’d prefer a bigger tractor so I went with the biggest tractor that would fit the smallest “real tractor” job.

Removing the loader makes servicing a bit easier. I only have 160 hours on mine so maybe there are other reasons to remove it. Those are the only two reasons I’ve run across and one isn’t an issue for everyone.

After having some practice it’s 5 to 10 minutes to take off or put back on, so it isn’t enough of a problem to make me try to avoid removal if it’s going to be in the way during a job.