Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
From my experiences, if something is really important enough to me, I do not ask the question that may get an answer I do not want on the phone. I got in person (when at all possible) and have a face to face conversation.

In this example I would have gone to the dealer to buy the part. Before going to the parts counter I would have talked to whom ever I though had more control over the business and mentioned the problem with the cable. I'd get that person's "feel" for the problem....if it's a common one, or rare. Only then, if it was a common problem would I even pursue them giving a free replacement part. And if it was a common problem, I'd ask how they typically handled it. I would then expect to have my problem handled just as they did others. If it's not a typical component problem, I'd go over to the parts counter and get it and be done with it.

I grew up with a hard working work ethic and not expecting others to help me with my chores or obligations. The same for situations like this.

The reasons we have contracts, leases, loans, etc that are signed by both parties is to eliminate mis-understandings later on. The signed agreement has a beninning and ending date. To expect the business owner to extend the date (because it generates more business by my positive feedback in the example given in this thread) demonstrates the difference found in our society, especially these days!

I can read this thread and almost determine the political party by what is expressed.:(

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
From my experiences, if something is really important enough to me, I do not ask the question that may get an answer I do not want on the phone. I got in person (when at all possible) and have a face to face conversation.

In this example I would have gone to the dealer to buy the part. Before going to the parts counter I would have talked to whom ever I though had more control over the business and mentioned the problem with the cable. I'd get that person's "feel" for the problem....if it's a common one, or rare. Only then, if it was a common problem would I even pursue them giving a free replacement part. And if it was a common problem, I'd ask how they typically handled it. I would then expect to have my problem handled just as they did others. If it's not a typical component problem, I'd go over to the parts counter and get it and be done with it.

I grew up with a hard working work ethic and not expecting others to help me with my chores or obligations. The same for situations like this.

The reasons we have contracts, leases, loans, etc that are signed by both parties is to eliminate mis-understandings later on. The signed agreement has a beninning and ending date. To expect the business owner to extend the date (because it generates more business by my positive feedback in the example given in this thread) demonstrates the difference found in our society, especially these days!

I can read this thread and almost determine the political party by what is expressed.:(
First off, I will do anything to avoid seeing the salesman, to whom I gave the benefit of the doubt, due to feeling sorry for him, and now he makes my blood boil, and apparently management is going to stand behind him. So Im trying to avoid a confrontation, not to mention that I avoid driving into town every chance I get, especially when a phone call can eliminate it.
Secondly, I would love to hear your determination of political party, and how you derived at such.
And lastly, there are many other potential future buyers and possibly recent purchasers(including myself), who are reading this with dismay. I must say that my perception toward my tractor has changed since these responses, and knowing that I might not get help without a "greater than thou" response in the future. Ive been on this site for a several years, and have always received a tremendous amount of help, especially with my old L245. The help on here has been priceless, and Im very grateful for it, but many have shown their true colors lately, which reflects on Kubota, imo. Simply look at my original post and how its worded. In no way, did I have any intentions, for a bunch of adults (not all who replied) to respond in such an adolescent way, without knowing all the facts. You would think that people would respond in a positive way, and its just like the President says "fake news", because you dont know the entire story.
Look at my original post and hows its been transformed, misconstrued, taken out of context, and for what reason ? Sad.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
thread locked.... its drifting off topic. Not so much a complaint it drifted off.... it happens easier these days understandably...... but since it appears to be at a potential point of no return to topic... Locking her down.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.