B7800 Fuel shut-off issues/controller for solenoid

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Learn something new every day! I didn't know that Kubota made a gas engine B7800.

Dunno how bad a job it is on a gas engine. On the diesels it's really pretty simple. No video required, really.

monroemidet

Equipment
Kubota B7800
Aug 4, 2020
Monroe, Va
Learn something new every day! I didn't know that Kubota made a gas engine B7800.

Dunno how bad a job it is on a gas engine. On the diesels it's really pretty simple. No video required, really.
Oops, I should have said fuel shut off instead of gas. It does have a a diesel motor. Can you help me out. i have a very general drawing but really can't tell the location of the controller. Thanks

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Well, I don't have a B7800, so I don't knwo where it is. Usually it's near the injection pump. Can you post some pics?

monroemidet

Equipment
Kubota B7800
Aug 4, 2020
Monroe, Va
Well, I don't have a B7800, so I don't knwo where it is. Usually it's near the injection pump. Can you post some pics?
Mark, I have a pretty good idea where the controller is but getting to it is an issue. A video would give you a pretty good idea as to what needs to be removed. It's under the shroud under the steering wheel but the drawing I have is real general and not specific. I would really like to do it without removing the steering wheel.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The OPC (controller) is under the dash cover, one bolt right behind the fuel filler neck to get the cover off.

Why do you think you need to change the OPC?

monroemidet

Equipment
Kubota B7800
Aug 4, 2020
Monroe, Va
The OPC (controller) is under the dash cover, one bolt right behind the fuel filler neck to get the cover off.

In talking to the service manager at our local Kubota dealer, the power to operate the solenoid comes from that controller. I have checked and right now no power coming through the wiring harness that connects to the solenoid. Also can the controller be removed and replaced without taking the steering wheel off?

monroemidet

Equipment
Kubota B7800
Aug 4, 2020
Monroe, Va
In talking to the service manager at our local Kubota dealer, the power to operate the solenoid comes from that controller. I have checked and right now no power coming through the wiring harness that connects to the solenoid. Also can the controller be removed and replaced without taking the steering wheel off?
I have checked for bad fuses as well.

monroemidet

Equipment
Kubota B7800
Aug 4, 2020
Monroe, Va

Wolfman, I knew about that screw behind the fuel filler neck but was afraid to tug on the shroud too much. But I went to the tractor and took the gauge panel out and reached down in there and the controller was just hanging down in the shroud. I unplugged it and it is the right part number. I guess I can check the continuity on it to see if it's okay. I'll have to see the resident electrician to do that.