Titan Stump Bucket VS Tomahawk Stump Bucket

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
L2501HST, LA525, RCR1260, BB1260, Titan 48" SS Forks, Stump Bucket
Sep 20, 2016
SC
I am considering one of these for my Kubota L2501. Titan list their weight at 151 lbs and Tomahawk shows 175 lbs. Titan gives overall dimensions. I could not find dimensions on the Tomahawk website. If anyone has used one or the other and can post comments, I would appreciate it.

Titan version: $ 329.00 free freight

http://www.palletforks.com/stump-bucket-for-skid-steer-quick-attach.html#customer-reviews

Tomahawk version: $ 278.00 shipping unknown. I sent a request for approximate shipping.

http://www.tomahawkattachments.com/order/tomahawk-stump-bucket/

Update:11/5/2016 I filled out a request online at Tomahawk. They called me the next day and were very helpful. The freight from Indiana to SC was $194.

Last edited:

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
I only know about the Titan. If you decide to go that route and you're not in a hurry, join their email list and you will get notices of sales. I've bought two items from them, both when they had different 15% off sales (via email). That, combined with free shipping and no sales tax makes their prices hard to beat!

Ted

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Well i am no expert but i had some stump digging experience today. Was using my forks slid close together. Kind of a test to see if i was interested in a stump bucket. One think i noticed right off was that the forks would hit a root and slide off to the side. So the lesson i learned today was that when i get one it will have to have a serrated / sharp front edge of some kind. Digging down was not a issue. But took a while to finally get the roots broke :(

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
Deffinatly get a stumper with teeth or cutting edge in front and cutting serrations going up the sides. I would think about getting the stump bucket with the narrower point. Easier to drive under roots. If you start running into larger / tougher roots you will need the cutting edges. Also be aware that while the L2501is very capable for its size, tougher trees like oaks, elms, willows can be daunting for larger tractors. I used a Bobcat 873 skidsteer that had limitations when stumping.
I recently purchased a Bobcat T770 along with a Danuser Intimidator tree grubber. This machine has a 7000 pound lift capability and 8000 pounds of tractive force. No problems with 90% of trees. Large willows still kick my butt.
It mostly comes down to how large and how many trees you have. And your time frame. make sure to leave about 4-5 feet of trunk so you can use it as a lever arm to help break the stump loose.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
SC
I currently own the Paumco Quick Spade which mounts on the end of my 48" Titan forks. The Titan forks are great, other than the bottom rail needing to be reinforced. The first time I used this setup I had two problems. The Titan forks are not locked in when in the center because of the cutout necessary to install the pallet forks on the frame. Forks must remain in the in the center for the quick spade to mount on the forks. So I chained the forks around the frame at the trailer hitch area. Within 20 minutes I had broken the weld on the trailer hitch receiver and bent the bottom rail. Maybe too much torque 48" out on the forks. That is why I am considering the Titan stump bucket. Will the stump bucket be too much for the L2501 and the LA525 loader? I don't want to bend the loader or damage the tractor with the stump bucket. Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

Last edited:

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
I currently own the Paumco Quick Spade which mounts on the end of my 48" Titan forks. The Titan forks are great, other than the bottom rail needing to be reinforced. The first time I used this setup I had two problems. The Titan forks are not locked in when in the center because of the cutout necessary to install the pallet forks on the frame. Forks must remain in the in the center for the quick spade to mount on the forks. So I chained the forks around the frame at the trailer hitch area. Within 20 minutes I had broken the weld on the trailer hitch receiver and bent the bottom rail. Maybe too much torque 48" out on the forks. That is why I am considering the Titan stump bucket. Will the stump bucket be too much for the L2501 and the LA525 loader? I don't want to bend the loader or damage the tractor with the stump bucket. Thanks for the advice.
The stump bucket will not damage your loader. The hydraulics will top out before any damage. But like with all machines don't use speed to do the work. Do not turn while driving the stump bucket into the ground. This puts excessive side loading on the lift arms.

LMTractorGuy

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
SC
That is a good tip for all fel attachments, that they should not be side loaded. Thanks for the tip. That makes a lot of sense.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
This is an old thread I know but prices are shooting up from what I can see and thought I might grab one if available. The Tomahawk is still at a decent price but shipping may get me. I’m here in Indiana where their located but that may not matter on shipping cost.. still 125 miles away!

Has anyone here purchased the Tomahawk stump bucket? Or have had any dealings with this company, tried finding reviews for them. I called today to get shipping prices but we’re closed. I have a feeling shipping is going to kill the deal. The bucket is at $398 now and this is probably ready to go up..