Recent content by Speed25

  1. S

    New BX Series - BX**90

    Thanks, I was thinking of an electric motor powering a PTO pump instead of being engine-driven. Your explanation makes a lot more sense. Still, I'll keep my clutch pedal...
  2. S

    New BX Series - BX**90

    What's the electric PTO about? Still uses a hydraulic clutch.
  3. S

    Folding Oil Gauge Tool

    Just what I want to do after measuring the oil, fold it up in my hands. I always used a 1"x1"x48" stick that just stayed by the tank. I do NOT miss oil heat.
  4. S

    I was called an un trusting old fart today

    I forgot all about the insurance angle. I know Nationwide used to use Eagleview but now uses Hover. They might have started as a measuring service, but I'm sure they're used for all kinds of things now. Do you have solar on the roof? A trampoline in the yard? Enclosed parking for your...
  5. S

    Mid pto failure to drop

    When I purchased my BX25D used, the 3-point and mower deck arms had never been used. The 3-point arms would go up and down, but my mower arms wouldn't move either. Turns out they were just frozen with a little grime. I just wedged a board in there and gently pried on the arms while lowering...
  6. S

    I was called an un trusting old fart today

    I used to try to keep my data from getting out, but I've given up on that since it's pervasive nowadays. Instead, I'm now spamming the system. I use different birthdates, locations, names, etc for different sites/orders/etc. When computers compile information, they'll usually discard the...
  7. S

    Telephone etiquette

    Try a few different formats when you're reverse searching for a phone number: (xxx) xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx xxxxxxxxxx "(xxx) xxx-xxxx" "xxx-xxx-xxxx" "xxxxxxxxxx" I also try searching in both Google and DuckDuckGo search engines since the results are often radically different.
  8. S

    Telephone etiquette

    Man, the younger generations can't fathom the concept of my office phone being a landline and being unable to send texts to it. Blows their minds.
  9. S

    Telephone etiquette

    After reading this thread, I had a realization. I'm old. :ROFLMAO: I leave slow, clear and concise messages. I also keep my phone voicemail box full so nobody will bother me. Works like a charm.
  10. S

    Wheel spacers on a bx23s with 60" mower deck

    I'm running 2" spacers on my BX25D with the 60" mower deck (standard, not drive-over) with no issues. It's not easy getting the deck on/off on flat ground with the spacers, so I usually just lift it up a few inches with the loader or a jack at the back for extra room. It's a heck of a lot more...
  11. S

    Running hydraulics for a backhoe on a BX2370 tractor

    I've always wondered why the BH instructions said to remove the mower deck from the belly on the BX. Being that it's connected to the 3pt, that makes more sense now. I see pictures all the time with mower decks and BHs installed.
  12. S

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Had 20 yards of screened top soil delivered to take care of some low spots and erosion around the property. I miss the L2501 for moving more dirt in one scoop, but the BX was a lot more useful getting into the tight and sloped areas. Overall, the job was quicker using the BX than it would've...
  13. S

    What’s your rain count?

    Somehow our land has been in a rain void here in NC. 1/4 mile in any direction has had decent rain while we have had zero for many weeks now. We were in Exceptional Drought classification, but have been upgraded two notches to Severe Drought, despite no rain. The garden's looking rough, the...
  14. S

    RCK60B-23BX Tensioner Pulley

    That's what I assumed as well and reassembled that way. Thanks!