Rear Brush Cutter and Quick Hitch- Yeah or Nay

sevfit

Jan 24, 2021
Canada
Hi
I have a QH10 and was wondering if there were pros and cons to using this with my new Land Pride Brush cutter I have ordered. I personally really like the QH system for my other implements like my wood chipper and box scraper. However is there a disadvantage of using the QH with the rear mower? I understand I need to get a floating top link with the QH. Would I be gaining any advantage of removing the QH from my tractor to use the new mower? At present I have never removed the QH from my tractor during the 2 years I have owned it.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
That is the way my mower is setup. No problems so far, been using it for few years like that.

Reactions: 2 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Also, using a QH10 with my rotary cutter for more than 2 years with only good results and ease of use.

You do not need any additions to use the QH10 with my LP rotary cutter; the top hook captures the pivot point on the cutter. I would expect it is the same for all LP cutters.

The only issue is that you will have to find out where to stand to connect your PTO shaft to the tractor. The first time I hooked up the PTO shaft, it took me nearly 15 minutes due to the QH10 blocking access. I learned to stand on top of the cutter deck to reach through, and I typically hook up the PTO shaft in about 30 seconds.

Reactions: 1 user

sevfit

Jan 24, 2021
Canada
Also, using a QH10 with my rotary cutter for more than 2 years with only good results and ease of use.

You do not need any additions to use the QH10 with my LP rotary cutter; the top hook captures the pivot point on the cutter. I would expect it is the same for all LP cutters.

The only issue is that you will have to find out where to stand to connect your PTO shaft to the tractor. The first time I hooked up the PTO shaft, it took me nearly 15 minutes due to the QH10 blocking access. I learned to stand on top of the cutter deck to reach through, and I typically hook up the PTO shaft in about 30 seconds.
great advise thanks. Do you remember if your dealership hand to alter the original PTO shaft?

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Yes I had to shorten it. If I remember correctly it was like 7 inches off of each.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
great advise thanks. Do you remember if your dealership hand to alter the original PTO shaft?
Unfortunately, I do not know. I bought my tractor and implements over the phone/email from the dealer near our property (~250 miles from our residence). The first time I saw everything was at delivery to our property.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I had to use the U adaptor shown in the attached in place of the top hook on the RCR1248 Landpride. The implement would not lower with the top hook attached to the top swing point where I always ran it on the JD with a Frontier RC 48 inch. Gives more movement of the top link system, including the good one on the Landpride.

Attachments

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
I have been using a quick hitch for my rotary and finish mower for years without any issues.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I find my QH in the way for hooking up the PTO. I don't switch attachments that often or use the rotary cutter that often. In general, I don't feel like I'm getting a lot of advantage of a rear QH. It's most useful if I reattach the same implement.

On the other hand, QHs aren't that light, so maybe taking it off is more of an issue than dealing with working around it to hook up the PTO.

You do need to decide which way you will use the rotary cutter because you'll need to cut off the PTO shaft for not using the QH compared to using the QH.