LX2610 rear remote size

davep

Equipment
LX2610SU, RCR1860, BB1260, QH10, CID HBHS, CID CTFF, WR Long RBG2
Jul 20, 2021
Virginia
Hi all,

I’m adding a rear remote to my LX2610SU.My understanding is that the OEM rear remotes for the ROPS units have 1/4” connections. What is the easiest way to convert them to 1/2” standard connections?
I would think a 12-24” hose where one side has 1/4” and the other side has 1/2” would be the easiest, but I can’t find anywhere that has the parts/pieces. Any help would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just add a thread adapter to the 1/2" couplers to reduce them down to 1/4"

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
The only issue with putting 1/2" remotes on it the physical room. Not sure unless you offset the remotes by for example adding a nipple between the block and the coupler that you will be able to fit them in the space you have.

I use 1/4" for all of my rear attachments just because of the extra room to grab the sleeve of the coupler...
The photo is the Kubota rear remotes on a LX2610HSD

Attachments

davep

Equipment
Jul 20, 2021
Virginia
The only issue with putting 1/2" remotes on it the physical room. Not sure unless you offset the remotes by for example adding a nipple between the block and the coupler that you will be able to fit them in the space you have.

I use 1/4" for all of my rear attachments just because of the extra room to grab the sleeve of the coupler...
The photo is the Kubota rear remotes on a LX2610HSD
Thanks for the picture. This is helpful. I do plan to use 1/4" where I can. But I also rent a fertilizer spreader in the fall which has 1/2" connectors, and didn't want to alter the rented spreader, so was thinking a hose with 1/4" on one side and 1/2" on the other.

For you specifically, did you put those on yourself? I just ordered one rear remote kit, and wasn't sure if it came with the couplers pictured or if you had to purchase those separately?

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Thanks for the picture. This is helpful. I do plan to use 1/4" where I can. But I also rent a fertilizer spreader in the fall which has 1/2" connectors, and didn't want to alter the rented spreader, so was thinking a hose with 1/4" on one side and 1/2" on the other.

For you specifically, did you put those on yourself? I just ordered one rear remote kit, and wasn't sure if it came with the couplers pictured or if you had to purchase those separately?
That's the way it came from Kubota. I had ordered the tractor with them. What I'm not positive about is did it come from Japan like that or did my dealer install them. I think it was dealer installed and those are the couplers that were in the kit. My Kubota 3rd function ( the hardline one) did not come with couplers I used 3/8" flat face ones there because I have the grapple on and off quite a bit.

davep

Equipment
Jul 20, 2021
Virginia
That's the way it came from Kubota. I had ordered the tractor with them. What I'm not positive about is did it come from Japan like that or did my dealer install them. I think it was dealer installed and those are the couplers that were in the kit. My Kubota 3rd function ( the hardline one) did not come with couplers I used 3/8" flat face ones there because I have the grapple on and off quite a bit.
Thanks that makes sense. This LX was my first tractor, and I wish I had ordered more things up front instead of installing them later (3rd function, rear remotes, canopy, etc.)

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
Hi all,

I’m adding a rear remote to my LX2610SU.My understanding is that the OEM rear remotes for the ROPS units have 1/4” connections. What is the easiest way to convert them to 1/2” standard connections?
I would think a 12-24” hose where one side has 1/4” and the other side has 1/2” would be the easiest, but I can’t find anywhere that has the parts/pieces. Any help would be appreciated.
Here's a video that shows what one person had to do to install 1/2 connectors:

davep

Equipment
Jul 20, 2021
Virginia
Here's a video that shows what one person had to do to install 1/2 connectors:
This is a great video. I've asked him and the company he mentioned for the list of parts used so that I can order the same.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This is a great video. I've asked him and the company he mentioned for the list of parts used so that I can order the same.
This is a common issue when installing the couplers directly on the work ports in the valve. The port spacing on these smaller valves is too close together to accomodate 1/2" coupler bodies which are typically 1.5" in diameter. Its easy enough to mount 1/2" couplers on the back of the tractor and use hoses to connect them to the work ports on the valve. It seems Kubota does not want to spend the added money on the OEM kis to do that and simply uses smaller couplers.

Dan

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Thanks that makes sense. This LX was my first tractor, and I wish I had ordered more things up front instead of installing them later (3rd function, rear remotes, canopy, etc.)
Yep... In my case the LX replaced a B7510 I sold. And I wanted to fix the problem of I couldn't do ( fill in the blank) that I had with them old one...
This is a common issue when installing the couplers directly on the work ports in the valve. The port spacing on these smaller valves is too close together to accomodate 1/2" coupler bodies which are typically 1.5" in diameter. Its easy enough to mount 1/2" couplers on the back of the tractor and use hoses to connect them to the work ports on the valve. It seems Kubota does not want to spend the added money on the OEM kis to do that and simply uses smaller couplers.

Dan
It also depends on the flow you need out the remotes. like everything there are pros and cons....
The smaller lines and couplers take up less space but you can get more flow from larger couplers and hoses. The back end of these little tractors can get a bit tight if you also have a top & tilt. But if your borrowing implements or have something that needs more flow than a 1/4" coupler can provide then yep you need to give up some space to install the larger parts...

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yep... In my case the LX replaced a B7510 I sold. And I wanted to fix the problem of I couldn't do ( fill in the blank) that I had with them old one...

It also depends on the flow you need out the remotes. like everything there are pros and cons....
The smaller lines and couplers take up less space but you can get more flow from larger couplers and hoses. The back end of these little tractors can get a bit tight if you also have a top & tilt. But if your borrowing implements or have something that needs more flow than a 1/4" coupler can provide then yep you need to give up some space to install the larger parts...
His tractor has a 5 GPM flow. Switching to larger couplers will do nothing to increase that. All he wants to do is match the outlets to the more "standard" 1/2" body size.

Kenny's idea is easy and works well if he's happy with the OEM location.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

davep

Equipment
Jul 20, 2021
Virginia
His tractor has a 5 GPM flow. Switching to larger couplers will do nothing to increase that. All he wants to do is match the outlets to the more "standard" 1/2" body size.

Kenny's idea is easy and works well if he's happy with the OEM location.

Dan
Thanks. This was the idea I was favoring most. Making 3ft hoses with 1/4 at one end and 1/2 on the other.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks. This was the idea I was favoring most. Making 3ft hoses with 1/4 at one end and 1/2 on the other.
Is the plan to only use them when needed? Three feet times four hoses is going to be a bit to manage when the implement is disconnected. Foot long is enough to get easily hooked up and easier to manage

Dan

davep

Equipment
Jul 20, 2021
Virginia
Is the plan to only use them when needed? Three feet times four hoses is going to be a bit to manage when the implement is disconnected. Foot long is enough to get easily hooked up and easier to manage

Dan
Yes - that was the plan. I think maybe I should go shorter to your point

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
I’d love to do it this way. Did you fabricate your own mounting bracket? If not, where did you get it?
I used the kit for a cab version of a B2650. The open station kit had the valve assembly mounted to the ROPS, a real shitty set up. When I ordered the tractor the dealer told me it wouldn't be the ROPS mounted unit, so they took that ROPS kit back and I asked them to order the kit for the cab model, I installed it with few modifications.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I used the kit for a cab version of a B2650. The open station kit had the valve assembly mounted to the ROPS, a real shitty set up. When I ordered the tractor the dealer told me it wouldn't be the ROPS mounted unit, so they took that ROPS kit back and I asked them to order the kit for the cab model, I installed it with few modifications.
I really like those Kubota housings and push/pull couplers but the ala carte price for the pieces is ungodly - a little north of $350 per set!!

Dan