Lift Capacity

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I had a customer in this week to pick up supplies and he was headed over to New Hampshire to pick up a new Kioti 25 HP tractor he had bought. I told him my only disappointment of my L3800 is the FEL has a lift capicity of 1000 lbs with the pallet forks and I had the dealer shim the hyd valve/pump for extra lift capicity. He said his new tractor 25 HP will lift 1800 lbs to the top of height it will reach. I thought BS but didn't tell him that. My thought was if the 25 HP would lift 1800 then a 38 HP would lift several hundred more. I haven't taking the time to check the Kioti specs but will.
I did have customer last year who owned a auto parts business. We were talking tractors as he saw mine parked near by , he said after doing research for lift capicity he finally bought a New Holland as the 38 hp would lift 2200 lbs. He claimed the arch of the FEL was part of what gave New Holland the most capicity in a 38 hp tractor.
Doesn’t matter what the FEL can lift it it tumps the machine over. Kubota tries to match loader lift capacity with a machine that has no ballast. Not saying I agree with that, but yes there are a number of other brands that have better lift capacity especially in smaller machines.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
From my experiences it will depend on the range you're in; running about 2.2k RPM in mid-range I can start to feel the machine bog down and I'll back off, in low-range it'll lift it's own ass end up.

This is while breaking into large snow banks.

View attachment 97761
So the HST range affects loader hydraulic pressure also? I can't recall if I was in M or L necessarily. I just know that with 300 lbs on the back of the box blade it would neither lift the rear or the front. The engine loads up but does not bog down. 2k rpm on the infotainment panel.

tacticalturnip

Equipment
Kioti CK2610
Jan 19, 2023
NW Atlantic
So the HST range affects loader hydraulic pressure also? I can't recall if I was in M or L necessarily. I just know that with 300 lbs on the back of the box blade it would neither lift the rear or the front. The engine loads up but does not bog down. 2k rpm on the infotainment panel.
The machine may have bogged down more to it coming to a standstill than the pressure applied to the loader, now that I think of it. I'm not knowledgeable enough with hydraulics to really give you any detailed answers, but I can't think of a time when having a load on my 3 point seemed to have a negative impact on my loader.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The CK2610 comes in about 2700 lbs without loader , R4 tires. Real close to the L2501. I tend to agree. I do not feel as if I would like more capacity than my L2501, loaded R4 tires and some rear ballast and LA525 loader is able to muster. I however do tend to be conservative when operating unlike a famous implement maker when testing his new designs to the limit! LOL.
For reference, my MX6000 as I have it set up is about 6000 pounds, and 2000 pounds in the loader feels heavy. I can’t imagine doing near that with a lighter machine.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No HST Range or even operation does not effect hydraulic pressure or loader lift capacity. ;)

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
No HST Range or even operation does not effect hydraulic pressure or loader lift capacity. ;)
Ok, I didn't think so. But I'm still learning. I mean, I could see if I was driving into a pile of dirt at the same time as lifting (only X gallons per minute) but static lifting it just wouldn't do it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok, I didn't think so. But I'm still learning. I mean, I could see if I was driving into a pile of dirt at the same time as lifting (only X gallons per minute) but static lifting it just wouldn't do it.
Even driving into a pile, as they are separate pump systems, so bogging down the HST only effects the Hydraulics if the HST pulls the engine RPM's down thus slowing the hydraulics flow.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Even driving into a pile, as they are separate pump systems, so bogging down the HST only effects the Hydraulics if the HST pulls the engine RPM's down thus slowing the hydraulics flow.
There I go learning. Lol. I didn't know it was 2 pumps. 😄 I know there are 2 filters but never followed a flow diagram. Just figured that the filtration requirements were different for each circuit.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There I go learning. Lol. I didn't know it was 2 pumps. 😄 I know there are 2 filters but never followed a flow diagram. Just figured that the filtration requirements were different for each circuit.
Technically 4 pumps:
One for the steering and PTO control.
One for loader and three point.
One for HST prime.
One for HST operation.

Top two pumps are built into one housing.
Bottom two pumps are built into the HST unit.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I had a bundle of steel arrive this morning. I couldn't lift it off the struck, But with rpm's reving I was able to curl my forks and lift it and back up and lower it down. The invoice said 1030 lbs. I really love my tractor and live with the lift capicity.