Kubota tractor hours

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What is the life expectancy of a properly serviced small 30hp or less Kubota tractor?
That is directly proportional to the human that uses and takes care of it!

Many will tell you 5k hours is easily possible if not higher

What are your plans for the tractor? What size are you looking for ?

Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I agree well into the thousands if it's taken care of. However, there are some people who can destroy anything in short order.

Reactions: 1 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I agree well into the thousands if it's taken care of. However, there are some people who can destroy anything in short order.
I have know some that could break an anvil or screw up a one car funeral!

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If it has relatively low hours, 100 or less, then you can assume that the 50 hours of service was probably done, but if not, it isn't the end of the world. If the tractor has a lot more hours than the 100 mentioned above, then ask for service records or look over the machine closely to see if it has replacement oil and hydro filters. If the filters appear to be original to the tractor, you are fairly safe in assuming that they just put fuel into the tractor and didn't pay much attention to maintenance items. At this point, it becomes a judgment call if the tractor appears to be in good enough shape to purchase and the purchase price is low enough to take the gamble.
When I purchased my BX23S, it had about 70 hours on the meter, and the 50-hour service hadn't been done. I got a good enough deal on the tractor that I wasn't concerned about, and I did the 50-hour service myself. The tractor has a few scratches and scars on the bucket and hoe, but nothing that I would consider abuse. It was purchased for a single project to get the landscaping done in order to sell the home, and then stored at the son in laws home and put up for sale. They were asking very close to the cost of a new tractor, and it had been on Facebook Marketplace for about 28 weeks. I contacted the seller who was now living in Florida and told him that I was interested in the tractor, but not at his asking price. I also made him a fair and reasonable offer, which was borderline lowballing, and he accepted it. Brought his son-in-law a bank check and met him at the selling dealer. I had the selling dealer install the Kubota Deluxe Cab and load the tires and picked it up a week later. I also asked the dealer if I could get the original Certificate of Origin, and they sent it to me about 6 weeks later. I have been very satisfied with my purchase and saved some $$$$ also. That was back in the fall of 2019, and the way that the prices of the BX23S have risen since I believe that I could sell my tractor today and recoup almost all of what I have invested since purchasing.
You can read a lot of horror stories on these forums of people buying used machines with less than stellar maintenance records and spending so much money fixing the machine that in the end, they could have purchased a new tractor when you add their repairs to the original purchase. It is no different than buying a used car with no maintenance history. Last year I bought a 2019 Ford very reasonably and I also bought the 8-year extended warranty because I know that the cost of the warranty is a lot less than the cost of repairs should I lose an engine or transmission. Unfortunately, Kubota doesn't offer a used tractor warranty for second owners of the tractor.

Reactions: 1 user