LX3310 wheel spacers with 72” MMM

BlueMule65

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 6, 2023
Kentucky
I’m looking to replace my BX2380 with an LX3310. Only problem is I have a hill that has to be mowed with a side slope because it’s over a drain. I had wheel spacers on my BX but they are telling me I can’t put them in the LX with a mid Mount even if I get the 72” deck. I measured between the risers and it looks like I could get away with 1.5” or maybe 2” spacers but I wanted to see if anyone else has ran them on it.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Given the price of the MMM have you considered a lawn tractor or zero turn for mowing? Then just use the LX for everything else? I found my old B7510 that the MMM was just a pain. The loader was in the way when mowing and the MMM was in the way when doing most anything else especially loader work with the tractor.

BlueMule65

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 6, 2023
Kentucky
Given the price of the MMM have you considered a lawn tractor or zero turn for mowing? Then just use the LX for everything else? I found my old B7510 that the MMM was just a pain. The loader was in the way when mowing and the MMM was in the way when doing most anything else especially loader work with the tractor.
It’s to steep for a mower and zero turns just slide. The BX did great but just didn’t have enough power or weight to do larger tasks. I’ll keep the loader off while mowing. I’m more concerned with the LX tipping. It’s heavier and wider than the BX so the dealer tells me it will do better than the BX on side slopes but I’d like to add the spacers to be safer.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I own a LX2610 with 2 inch spacers on the rear and have a 60 MMM deck. With the smaller of the two R14T tires available(I believe the cab version does not get a choice of tire size, you get the smaller diameter tires). I think the LX2610(cab) feels more tippy than my old BX2370(no cab) and they both had 2 inch spacers on them.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It’s heavier and wider than the BX so the dealer tells me it will do better than the BX on side slopes but I’d like to add the spacers to be safer.
It's also taller, so more likely to tip.
And just for the record side sloping any mower is a really really bad idea!
A real zero turn is a whole lot safer option or if you 100% set on a tractor look at an offset flail mower.

BlueMule65

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 6, 2023
Kentucky
I own a LX2610 with 2 inch spacers on the rear and have a 60 MMM deck. With the smaller of the two R14T tires available(I believe the cab version does not get a choice of tire size, you get the smaller diameter tires). I think the LX2610(cab) feels more tippy than my old BX2370(no cab) and they both had 2 inch spacers on them.
Do you think you could fit 3” spacers on it? If not what would prevent going that wide? I would be going with the ROPS model.

Got any pictures of where the mower deck meets the tires?

Last edited:

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Do you think you could fit 3” spacers on it? If not what would prevent going that wide? I would be going with the ROPS model.

Got any pictures of where the mower deck meets the tires?
No and its going to be a while before the snowblower is off and mower deck is back on.

BlueMule65

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 6, 2023
Kentucky
So I went with the LX2610 so I wouldn't have to deal with the emissions and a 60" MMM deck. I threw on some 3" spacers. They cleared the deck nicely and are right in line with the width of the deck. They significantly increased the tractor's stability on hills and while using the loader.

Reactions: 1 user