BX2380 step?

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Took the mid-mount mower off and now my shorty wife has a tough time getting onto the tractor.

Anybody know of a reasonably priced step that I can attach to the tractor? I found one online, but with shipping and tax it'd be over $300 and being cheap I don't want to pay that much.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Took the mid-mount mower off and now my shorty wife has a tough time getting onto the tractor.

Anybody know of a reasonably priced step that I can attach to the tractor? I found one online, but with shipping and tax it'd be over $300 and being cheap I don't want to pay that much.
You can get a custom built step from...... specialtyrepairscustommods.com.... in Bay Roberts, NL.

Their step is a very pricey item, but in my opinion it is (almost?) worth it.
I bought one for my L48 TLB, and I do love it.
I am 82 years old, and a broken leg or hip, is a LOT more expensive than a $300 step.

I saved the OEM step that I replaced.
It is in excellent condition.
That Kubota part number is: TD170-47470.

I would sell it for $65 shipped.
PM me if you are interested.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
...I am 82 years old, and a broken leg or hip, is a LOT more expensive than a $300 step.

I saved the OEM step that I replaced.
It is in excellent condition.
That Kubota part number is: TD170-47470.

I would sell it for $65 shipped.
PM me if you are interested.
I'm 'only' 77 but I know what you mean.

I looked up the part number for your step. Kubota says it'll fir 76 different models, but my BX2380 isn't one of them. Thanks for the offer, though.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
If you can not find anything suitable and at a reasonable price, you could make one yourself. My suggestion would be to explore the idea of getting two universal exhaust pipe rubber hangers, two matching clamps, a suitable length of exhaust pipe and two pieces of slotted angle to be attached to the existing floor fasteners. Wrapping the exhaust pipe in anti-slip tape might make it safer.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you can not find anything suitable and at a reasonable price, you could make one yourself. My suggestion would be to explore the idea of getting two universal exhaust pipe rubber hangers, two matching clamps, a suitable length of exhaust pipe and two pieces of slotted angle to be attached to the existing floor fasteners. Wrapping the exhaust pipe in anti-slip tape might make it safer.
A unique idea, and at minimal cost!:)

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
One thing to keep in mind is make sure you either remove the step or size it so it clears the MMM when mounted.

Reactions: 1 user

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I think I've found a workable step online at realtruck.com. About US$60 delivered. Should get it later this week. I'll post how/if it works.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just ordered the step from the folks in Canada. Can't afford to have a fall right now, so it was easier to get a step that is designed for the tractor than to be modifying one to fit. I need some new body parts, and until I get them, I have to be very careful.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just ordered the step from the folks in Canada. Can't afford to have a fall right now, so it was easier to get a step that is designed for the tractor than to be modifying one to fit. I need some new body parts, and until I get them, I have to be very careful.
I have a step from them, (Specialtyrepairsandcustommods.com) in Bay Roberts, NL.
Crazy expensive (with shipping), but at 82 I am not willing to take unnecessary risks.
Have had mine for 2 years, and I LOVE it !
Money well spent, when compared to hospitalization,.... or worse!
You will be very pleased with your new step!

My OEM step is for sale here in OTT classifieds if anyone is interested.
Fits MANY Kubota models!
Part # TD170-47470

Last edited:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I think I've found a workable step online at realtruck.com. About US$60 delivered. Should get it later this week. I'll post how/if it works.
Got the step this morning. Took about half an hour to install it. Entailed drilling four 5/16" (8mm) holes in the floor, under the mat. Didn't need to remove the mat, just pop three 'Xmas Tree' tabs and fold it back.
total cost was US$62.00. Step itself was $57.99 including shipping, plus Ohio sales tax.

I got it from RealTruck.com: Item # CAR-104501-1 - Carr Hoop Step II XP3 Black