So much for Thanksgiving dinner

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Something good from the cancelled feast.
Just had a large slice of Pecan pie with maple flavored whipped cream.
Sounds delicious! Is this something you whipped up, or can you buy it?

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Sounds delicious! Is this something you whipped up, or can you buy it?
The whipped cream is from a can.
The whipping cream is in the fridge so the wife will have to make real whipped cream or toss out the cream and she never waste food. Without a crowd here I may just sit in front of the tv with a bowl of whipped cream.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just figure I will go to the cassino today, beats the hell out of being by ones self on a holiday I guess

• Sad

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Damn Skeets. We have room for another. Bit of a drive but you'd male it an even 20 at our house. BBQ, bourbon, cigars and pistols. Not all in that order, of course. No bourbon before the pistol competition!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
One of my wife’s friends had her electric oven crap out when she was preheating for turkey!!!

Sounds like some fire and everything. Guessing a short…

The Mrs. offered our second oven.

She was able to get to a nearby family member’s kitchen to save the day! .

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
We have 2 ovens in the kitchen. One is a storage container for trays and other cooking utensils, and only gets cleaned out once a year to back up the other things that require an oven while the turkey is occupying the "main" oven. Built the home with both a gas and electric stove so when the power went out we had the gas as backup. Now, the generator has taken over the electrical duties for when there is a power outage. The gas stove finally bit the dust about 5 years ago and was replaced by a gas cooktop stove with an electric oven. My wife prefers the electric oven to the gas oven. Claims that they are more evenly controlled for baking. I have no opinion on anything that is in the kitchen because if I did, I would always be wrong!

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I just figure I will go to the cassino today, beats the hell out of being by ones self on a holiday I guess
If I can get the time off for ‘fishing’ season, Skeets, come on down these crooked roads with your favorite ‘fishing’ poles (black powder and/or smokeless) next year and we’ll do some quality ‘fishing’ (fyi, I don’t have a boat or any body of water—but that really doesn’t matter). 😁

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets - you’re always welcome here….meant with all sincerity.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I’m not a doctor or anything close so a real question…

Why would a high volume of flu (virus) patients result in a shortage of amoxicillin (antibiotic)?
I'm like you, why fight a virus with antibiotics ?
No family gathering for us as my Wife fell again & broke a rib so the travel just hurts.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Get in the truck and start headed west my friend. We're not eating till 6pm tomorrow night. You got plenty of time to get here. Get some zzz's and have a couple brews before we eat. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You're always welcome out here, my friend! :)