Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Really....? Collusion!

col·lu·sion
/kəˈlo͞oZHən/

noun

1. secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

So the Oil Industry (worldwide in structure), all got together and quite apart from any free market principles decided to 'Price Gouge' (as you seem to think)? Is that pretty much it?
I sense that you must not like Capitalism with its basic premises of 'Laissez-Faire' (meaning Leave Alone). So the government does not interfere or dictate profit margins.

Nor...the tenets of a Free Market which lets the Market Decide with respect to Supply and Demand.

All of these things subject to influences, ebbs and flows. No question about that.

I believe we are seeing industry 'consensus' not collusion. And no....that is not just semantics. \

You want to see fuel prices come down, stabilize and remain so, then make it easier for Oil Companies to do their business, produce, refine and distribute their products and take every measure to control inflation which is the real elephant in the room. You can't print and dump trillions of dollars into the economy and not think it won't cause inflation.
[/QUOT
I said nothing about worldwide inflation or government price fixing. I said doubling of profits across the industry isn’t normal free market capitalization.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Do the local stations compare with each other and adjust? I would guess yes - just like the grocery stores, electronic stores...

Absolutely, competition for the market share.

Many places...where competition is keen... the retailer will only realize a net profit per gallon of .03-.05 cents.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Absolutely, competition for the market share.

Many places...where competition is keen... the retailer will only realize a net profit per gallon of .03-.05 cents.
That’s true for retailers. Profit margins are much greater for refining and crude production.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

In a TRUE 'free market' system the seller can CHOOSE what price ,to whom, whenever. we do NOT have that.
UnTrue. And We do NOT have that described system.… that statement is incorrect…. EXCEPT in a CAPTIVE…NOT FREE…MARKET.

Sellers can CHOOSE what price to sell and whenever…. BUT..it is the CONSUMER who decides whether or not to buy at that price, that place, and when. If the consumer does not buy because he considers it too expensive, etc…. then other sellers will likely end up being the successful retailer.

It takes BOTH sellers and buyers to make a “free” marketplace.

And , By the Way…. it is NOT LEGAL for an open, free-market seller …to decide “to whom” he will sell. If open for business…then ALL legitimate consumers must be served regardless of who they might be. (The typical sign in some predominately Southern cafes and outlets which state “We reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone”… is not enforceable since Civil Rights legislation.)

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
And , By the Way…. it is NOT LEGAL for an open, free-market seller …to decide “to whom” he will sell. If open for business…then ALL legitimate consumers must be served regardless of who they might be. (The typical sign in some predominately Southern cafes and outlets which state “We reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone”… is not enforceable since Civil Rights legislation.)
Careful there George...your statement doesn't appear to be valid according to recent SCOTUS rulings...

and get this...the bakery was in Cali. ;)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Careful there George...your statement doesn't appear to be valid according to recent SCOTUS rulings...

and get this...the bakery was in Cali. ;)

LOLOL… You might Take Note…. THAT ruling was NOT “SCOTUS”….. It was in the state many here think bonkers. 🤪

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
LOLOL… You might Take Note…. THAT ruling was NOT “SCOTUS”….. It was in the state many here think bonkers. 🤪
here's the one in colorado...SCOTUS...https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44361162

not much difference between Cali and certain parts of Colorado

They must really like cake...:)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Looks like Joe has a new solution....to even things out apparently.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I bought 5 gallons of 1K kerosene today for $5.99/gallon.
Same station had 87 octane gas for $3.95/gallon.
Been refilling my strategic petroleum reserve.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Up another 10 cents from last week. $5.25/ gal here
$5.25 for gasoline or diesel? This is the lowest gas prices today in my area. If you’re paying $5.25 for gas something is wrong with the situation in your area.

Attachments

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
$5.25 for gasoline or diesel? This is the lowest gas prices today in my area. If you’re paying $5.25 for gas something is wrong with the situation in your area.
Well, there IS something wrong in my area. Lots of things. Lol.
I only deal with diesel and race fuel though. "Fuel", to me is always black smoke power. You don't wanna know what I pay for race fuel!
Actually, I do have 2 strokes. So there is that gas. That stuff I buy by the 5 gallon pail or 30 gallon drum.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Well, there IS something wrong in my area. Lots of things. Lol.
I only deal with diesel and race fuel though. "Fuel", to me is always black smoke power. You don't wanna know what I pay for race fuel!
Actually, I do have 2 strokes. So there is that gas. That stuff I buy by the 5 gallon pail or 30 gallon drum.
Today’s diesel prices in my area.

Attachments

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It's the price we pay for living and working in the shadow of the Empire of America. It's about the same spread for median income as well.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Anyone can bring up fuel prices anywhere by going to GasBuddy.com, it isn't necessary to post prices unless there is something sudden and abnormal happening.
But what if we just want to?

If your attitude is "Because it's on the internet you don't need to post it." Then we don't need this forum, it's all on the internet.... just go digging!

Reactions: 1 user