TMG wood chipper

CFarm45

Equipment
LX3310, ZD21
Jul 19, 2021
Western NY
Anyone have experience with TMG Chippers? I’ve been considering a chipper for some time but haven’t pulled the trigger because it would likely get infrequent use. It’s a “would be nice to have” but not a “need”. There are certainly better chippers out there, but given my anticipated use, I don’t really want to spend a lot. I also don't want to buy one that causes me so much frustration that it never gets used. Recently ran across a very lightly used TMG WC42 at, I think, a very good price. Perhaps someone’s just trying to unload their junk…. It’s made in China, distributed out of Canada. Any experience with these?? Thanks!

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Think WM and Woodmax are also made in China and distributed out of Canada.

Bought our WC46 from WM for about the same price and included hydraulic feed and horizontal input chute.

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
Don't know about TMG but my 2 week old WC46 can't be beat. I absolutely love it.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
$200 more gets you hydraulic roller feeder with a Woodland Mills WC68 (which is two step-ups in size from a '42'). Additionally, the WC68 is nearly 400 lbs heavier. That extra weight is clearly evident in the extremely robust construction of the entire unit.

Of course if you can get a used one at a very good price that's certainly a consideration.

Most chipper users whose reviews I've read remark that a 'feeder' is essential. That nearly vertical feeder chute on the TMG looks good, but it's not a driven feeder.

Reactions: 1 users

CFarm45

Equipment
LX3310, ZD21
Jul 19, 2021
Western NY
Yeah… i wouldn’t even consider the TMG at full price, but found one used for about 1/3, so was tempted to give it a try. I know I’d like a power infeed better, but can’t justify 3K for the amount of use it will get. On the other hand, if the TMG is a nothing but a boat anchor, it can take up space in someone else’s barn, no matter how low the price. I thought If someone were to tell me they have one (or similar) and it’s pretty good, I’d give it a go. Probably ought to save my time and money.