MTL Implements

Brian H

Equipment
MX5200HST, MTL RK5 Gr, Ford 850, King Kutter brush hog, rototiller, blade, disk.
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
Ive been looking at buying a 2nd MTL grapple for my smaller tractor. I bought my first MTL 2 years ago. However their website says sold out on most models with a note to contact them regarding pre order. They dont answer the phone, dont text back or answer email. Anyone have any recent contact with them?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This is an email I received this week.

Dear loyal customer,

We would like to inform you about the recent purchase of our company HTP America by Stel s.r.l.

Stel s.r.l, an Italian company, has been interested in strengthening its position in the American welding market—which makes the purchase of HTP the perfect fit.

“Having a strong European manufacturer behind HTP will definitely benefit both companies in the future” said HTP President Jeff Noland. “Stel and HTP will operate as separate businesses after the acquisition and continue to serve their own customers, but being under the same ownership will bring big benefits in sourcing and product development. An owner with a long history of building high-quality welding equipment will offer HTP a pipeline of new machines to help HTP continue its growth”.

We will continue to provide the same level of customer support and service as our brand is known for.

You have always been a trusted supporter, and we look forward to furthering our relationship for many years to come.

If you have any questions please email us at customerservice@htpweld.com.

Yours sincerely.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Ive been looking at buying a 2nd MTL grapple for my smaller tractor. I bought my first MTL 2 years ago. However their website says sold out on most models with a note to contact them regarding pre order. They dont answer the phone, dont text back or answer email. Anyone have any recent contact with them?
As I recall MTL has a very checkered history.
Perhaps a change of ownership/philosophy will be a good thing.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Dear loyal customer,

We would like to inform you about the recent purchase of our company HTP America by Stel s.r.l.

Stel s.r.l, an Italian company, has been interested in strengthening its position in the American welding market—which makes the purchase of HTP the perfect fit.

“Having a strong European manufacturer behind HTP will definitely benefit both companies in the future” said HTP President Jeff Noland. “Stel and HTP will operate as separate businesses after the acquisition and continue to serve their own customers, but being under the same ownership will bring big benefits in sourcing and product development. An owner with a long history of building high-quality welding equipment will offer HTP a pipeline of new machines to help HTP continue its growth”.

We will continue to provide the same level of customer support and service as our brand is known for.

You have always been a trusted supporter, and we look forward to furthering our relationship for many years to come.

Yours sincerely.

My one and only interaction with MTL was flawless. I purchased a RG7 grapple that arrived within a week. Excellent implement at a very comptetive price. I had no need to contact them - just placed the order and unloaded grapple a few days later. I was extremely happy. New management is a total unknown.

Dan

57plymouth

Equipment
Kubota L3901 with FEL, 1955 Ford 900 Row Crop
Oct 26, 2020
Blythewood, SC
I have an MTL grapple and pallet forks. I absolutely love them. They have been completely flawless in their operation and I'm not easy on my equipment. I bought a 48" grapple for my L3901 because I wanted a lighter weight grapple to increase the weight of stuff I can pick up with it. When I ordered it I called them and told them I had a Summit Hydraulic third function kit (which I was not pleased with the installation of the electrical) and they send the correct couplers for the hoses. I saved a lot of money over the typically recommended grapple, and it works great.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
I got a 60" with two lids and use it frequently. Never have had any trouble with it.

Here I loaded up a 22' I beam and a 25' light pole. Sure saves one's back! Picked them up in the fence row and set them right on the man's trailer. He was impressed, all he had to do was tie them down!

Attachments

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

Dear loyal customer,

Yours sincerely.
I appreciate you posting that. I'm going to try to contact them that a way.

Brian H

Equipment
MX5200HST, MTL RK5 Gr, Ford 850, King Kutter brush hog, rototiller, blade, disk.
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
Yes, thanks for posting the correspondence. Ill try that way too. I really want a model thats sold out. But ill take my 2nd choice if it means avoiding long waits and higher prices. My past experience with them was flawless too and my RK5 has been great.

Brian H

Equipment
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
Just some follow up to this. HTP America apparently has nothing to do with MTL. I emailed their customer service and their reply was that they never heard of MTL.

• Sad

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Dear loyal customer,

How did you make a connection between MTL and HTP America Inc.? Not trying to be funny but I'm always interested in where products are made, who's making them, who really owns the company etc.?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
How did you make a connection between MTL and HTP America Inc.? Not trying to be funny but I'm always interested in where products are made, who's making them, who really owns the company etc.?
The only answer I can give is I am a past customer of MTL so I guess I'm on their mail list. They were just bought out by HPT America Inc. so they sent out the email notifying past customers of who owns them now. Ironically I have a Huth wire welder that was sold by HPT and I have purchased probably 20 ea 10# spools of wire from them over the last 20 years. I like their wire and they (at least did) pay freight when 5 rolls were purchased at one time.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The only answer I can give is I am a past customer of MTL so I guess I'm on their mail list. They were just bought out by HPT America Inc. so they sent out the email notifying past customers of who owns them now. Ironically I have a Huth wire welder that was sold by HPT and I have purchased probably 20 ea 10# spools of wire from them over the last 20 years. I like their wire and they (at least did) pay freight when 5 rolls were purchased at one time.
Thanks. You're information is far more reliable than some CS person at HPT who doesn't keep up with what their company is doing. I see this day in and day out in the firearms industry.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I hope they get their act together. I've emailed, filled out the contact form and called with no response. I rarely try that hard to give someone my money.

Brian H

Equipment
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
I ordered a grapple that MTL had in stock as well as a set of forks about 5 days ago. Hope I dont regret it. The amount of bad reviews on the internet regarding MTL customer service is pretty big.

Brian H

Equipment
Feb 8, 2019
Waupaca, WI
D2,
Your original post says HTP was bought out by Stel. Nowhere is MTL mentioned. How do you make the connection?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I ordered a grapple that MTL had in stock as well as a set of forks about 5 days ago. Hope I dont regret it. The amount of bad reviews on the internet regarding MTL customer service is pretty big.
See my post #5.
MTL has a rather poor (internet) history in spite of some responses here.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
D2,
Your original post says HTP was bought out by Stel. Nowhere is MTL mentioned. How do you make the connection?
Already asked and answered.